Transparent test press

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

plastic37
Known user

Transparent test press

Post by plastic37 »

currently on ebay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370652518769? ... 1438.l2649

Complete with poster and a full set of autographs.
Nice.
Heavy Tourism
KingHarry
Known user

Re: Transparent test press

Post by KingHarry »

Saw that - it's being listed from Relics Records in Leeds - I was living in Leeds when that opened, have bought S3 vinyl there.

It's a nice item - god knows how much it will go for?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

plastic37 wrote:currently on ebay...

Nice.
Ouch. That's seriously rare - can't be more than 10 pressed, probably less.

Sadly it's being sold by Relic, a shop that makes me feel embarrassed at the lack of collectors shops in Leeds. The rubbish they write about themselves is hilarious in this ad. 'Expertise'? 'High standards'? 'Unparalleled knowledge'? 'WE THINK THIS IS JUST ABOUT THE RAREST SPACEMEN 3 VINYL COLLECTABLE YOU COULD HOPE TO FIND AND OWN. NEVER BEFORE OFFERED ON EBAY, OR ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER'? Eh? So how did I buy my own copy then? What a joke - I live in Leeds and I won't use this shop. I'm surprised they didn't start the auction at £1000 minimum. This is the place that wants £300 for one of the US Tour posters after all.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

runcible wrote:
plastic37 wrote:currently on ebay...

Nice.
Ouch. That's seriously rare - can't be more than 10 pressed, probably less.

Sadly it's being sold by Relic, a shop that makes me feel embarrassed at the lack of collectors shops in Leeds. The rubbish they write about themselves is hilarious in this ad. 'Expertise'? 'High standards'? 'Unparalleled knowledge'? 'WE THINK THIS IS JUST ABOUT THE RAREST SPACEMEN 3 VINYL COLLECTABLE YOU COULD HOPE TO FIND AND OWN. NEVER BEFORE OFFERED ON EBAY, OR ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER'? Eh? So how did I buy my own copy then? What a joke - I live in Leeds and I won't use this shop. I'm surprised they didn't start the auction at £1000 minimum. This is the place that wants £300 for one of the US Tour posters after all.
Ha ha - you not like them then?! I'm pretty sure this is where i bought my copy of Taking Drugs from. I was in Leeds from 1990-93 and the vinyl shops were Crash, Jumbo, another down a side street off Boar Lane I think - kind of behind the Scarborough Hotel. You will know them well - not sure that Boar Lane shop is still there though - I tried to find it in the last year and couldn't find it.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I don't remember that Boar Lane shop I must admit. Crash and Jumbo are still there but they are current new release shops as opposed to collectors places. No issue with that - they are both decent and a good place for tickets but they aren't very competitive on price for CDs or vinyl which is a shame.

I think Vinyl Tap - another comic collectors shop - was in Leeds at one time, somewhere near the Corn Exchange. Mad prices, with rude po-faced staff who had that typical aloof quality associated with similar places all over the country.

Leeds, for such a big city, is one of the worst places I can think of to buy music. But then it's hardly a place associated with music in general, barring the Kaiser Chiefs (sorry chaps but I'm not proud of your legacy) and a great live Who album. Oh, and one of the best live Stones bootlegs I know in 'Leed Guitars... TV Stars'. Maybe that's why Relic think they're cool, but I'd rate them top of any list of shite collectors shops I have been to.

I spent a very enjoyable evening in the Scarborough Hotel with members of this very forum when a Warlocks gig was cancelled at the Cockpit. I'm amazed I can remember that actually as the beer flowed very freely.
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

runcible wrote:What a joke - I live in Leeds and I won't use this shop. I'm surprised they didn't start the auction at £1000 minimum. This is the place that wants £300 for one of the US Tour posters after all.
All you say about this shop may well be true, and you've got the experience to suggest it is, but to be fair to them, they did kick this off at a tenner with no reserve. As ususal, I was hoping that no-one else would notice this one! But as with the recent auction for a rather rare cassette, people with deeper pockets than mine always arrive in the end...
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Ian wrote:All you say about this shop may well be true, and you've got the experience to suggest it is, but to be fair to them, they did kick this off at a tenner with no reserve.
Of course. I just don't like that place and the attitude they have which is the classic collectors shop looking-down-the-nose at customers. So if an opportunity comes to vent I'll take it!
plastic37
Known user

Post by plastic37 »

£250

any other guesses?
Heavy Tourism
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

plastic37 wrote:
£250

any other guesses?
Probably about right.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

I would love to take a punt on this but as I already have an unsigned copy of the t/p can I warrant it for the signatures alone :?:

Hmmmmmmmmm :!:
'Remember, change is not good'
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

I'm not looking at this (Fingers in ears, " la la la la" loudly with eyes closed until after auction finishes).......
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

£210 in the end. Anyone here the winner?
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Ian wrote:£210 in the end. Anyone here the winner?
Not me (for once).....hundreds for a record I already own twice (neither are test pressings though) was just not possible to justify.

Honest....
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I bowed out at 44 quid. I was looking good for a while :lol:
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
ononist
Known user

Post by ononist »

I lost out at £205