Cheval Sombre / Sonic Boom - St Pancras Church London

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

KingHarry
Known user

Cheval Sombre / Sonic Boom - St Pancras Church London

Post by KingHarry »

I went to this last night. Small old beautiful church set in grounds directly behind St Pancras station. Nice little enclave.
A fantastic venue - credit to Sonic Cathedral.

Was a really sublime beautiful event, ventured south on my own to witness it, and pleased I did.

It's difficult to imagine a less hurried approach to music. The simplicity of the songs, the arrangement, the stage, the set is mesmerising.

Mix of songs from first and recent release - 'It's a Shame' is an absolute classic, I fckn love that song. In the absence of new Spectrum material it does help that PK via collaboration with the likes of CS is involved in production of this type of quality.
PK typically pleasant after - some positive noise of impending EP (yes, I know). He looks well, and those shoes ....
stegraham
Known user

Re: Cheval Sombre / Sonic Boom - St Pancras Church London

Post by stegraham »

I thought it was a great gig too, my only criticism is that Cheval Sombre's set was too short - 50 mins including the encore. I would have loved to have heard an extended version of "I Sleep" to take it over the 1 hour mark. Highlights for me were "Once I Had a Sweetheart " and "February Blues". Lovely sound and lovely venue - how many people can fit in there? Can't have been more than 100 people? Enjoyed the Supremes cover at the end :D

Ste