Soul Kiss Oil CD

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

Hofstadter
Known user

Soul Kiss Oil CD

Post by Hofstadter »

Went to Planet Records in Cambridge MA today, its actually mainly a store dedicated to CD collecting - rare stuff, promos, advances, cd singles, etc - its a pretty interesting place actually. You browse through these cards which either have the insert from the cd, a printout of the art or really cool custom art drawn on note cards, sometimes just the title written creatively, sometimes an interpretative doodle of the cover sometimes just a silly drawing with the name. iTs actually pretty endearing. But yeah you bring the cards for the stuff you want to get to one of the dudes working there and they get the cds down from these big sliding full wall shelves with thousands of cds. They also have a pretty big collection of used records, that seems pretty eclectic and well curated, I barely recognized most of the stuff, it seemed to lean a lot towards blues/americana stuff but there was definitely some 60s psych. They also had a big jazz section. The guy who helped me out was really friendly and actually excited to hear that would I be right around the corner (literally) for school next year.

Anyways, they had an oil sleeve copy of SK(GD) for $25, and I got it :). Its pretty cool... I guess it might be a purely decorative/aesthetic purchase, but whoa it's slick. Any of you guys have it/have tips for keeping it safe? Its pretty pretty...
spzretent
Site Admin

Re: Soul Kiss Oil CD

Post by spzretent »

I've had mine for over 20 years. Still has plenty of oil. Keep it away from sharp objects and you will be fine. :shock:
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
spacemanrich
Known user

Re: Soul Kiss Oil CD

Post by spacemanrich »

I've forgotten about that one ! Tried to find it, but couldn't ? It's here somewhere ?

I would also keep out of sunlight ! I don't think it is oil ? I think it's just soapy water, I have friends who have it and it has evaporated ...