bassman continued

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

ursa
Known user

bassman continued

Post by ursa »

i wanted to just say that i find petes voice refreshing.he added a sence of reality and rock n roll to an slightly overused style of music.....all those groups like verve,ride,wash,spin cycle,puree or whatever thier names were just did not have the life to them that darkside and alphastone posess.i could be biass cause i heard darkside way before spiritualized,and actually like it better.....oh well.at least this section isnt empty anymore
i live on the bottom of the soul
Snugglebuster
Known user

Post by Snugglebuster »

yea i think The Darkside are pretty underated.

even by me, i rarely listen to them, but when i do ..i think..
"i should play these guys more often"

but then i don't...
bcastle21
Known user

pete's voice

Post by bcastle21 »

never really been a huge fan of his songs or his "spoken word" style...to each his own i guess

always loved jasons spacemen 3 songs most
sly saxon
Known user

Post by sly saxon »

No-one fills up a forum like you Ursa...*sigh*
It's all happening!
ursa
Known user

Post by ursa »

you should see the way i gorde myself on pennicilin and frug .....and froth
i live on the bottom of the soul
dannypayne
New user

Re: bassman continued

Post by dannypayne »

ursa wrote:i wanted to just say that i find petes voice refreshing.he added a sence of reality and rock n roll to an slightly overused style of music.....all those groups like verve,ride,wash,spin cycle,puree or whatever thier names were just did not have the life to them that darkside and alphastone posess.i could be biass cause i heard darkside way before spiritualized,and actually like it better.....oh well.at least this section isnt empty anymore
cool man, I played in Alphastone! hehehehe

danny
apesgrapes
Known user

Post by apesgrapes »

dunno if mr beng ever reads this, but back in late 92 i went to see a few darkside gigs in switzerland (luzerne, berne & laussanne i think). small venues, trips (flints man, yeah!) & smoke - the band had been searched on the way in to switz, sniffer dogs had clicked on something but couldnt find it & they got blow through customs.

remember berne in particular, at the university, odd sort of group dancing in the audience, a bit like the shadows with that co-ordinated sideways, forwards, sideways, backwards thing. they were great times, an excellent few days abroad that was. nice fella pete. now 15 years on, i'm settled & with a family but still a great memory.
catweazel
Known user

Post by catweazel »

apesgrapes wrote:dunno if mr beng ever reads this, but back in late 92 i went to see a few darkside gigs in switzerland (luzerne, berne & laussanne i think). small venues, trips (flints man, yeah!) & smoke - the band had been searched on the way in to switz, sniffer dogs had clicked on something but couldnt find it & they got blow through customs.

remember berne in particular, at the university, odd sort of group dancing in the audience, a bit like the shadows with that co-ordinated sideways, forwards, sideways, backwards thing. they were great times, an excellent few days abroad that was. nice fella pete. now 15 years on, i'm settled & with a family but still a great memory.
fond memories of fred and wilma in the UK around the same time. :)
Captain Black.
New user

Post by Captain Black. »

hello,
Mr Beng has read this, Switzerland yeah those were the days, the French customs did bust us on the way to the first gig . I did an extremely heroic act and escaped from the customs office, my intention was to get to our van and retrieve my dope that i had lost and then destroy the evidence, unfortunately it had dropped down the back of a sofa, i could 'nt find the dope but then neither did the customs or the stupid mutt the brought in to find it, real amateurs, anyway Switzerland was always a good gig for us , don't know why.
Incidentally in all my time crossing borders we only got fucked over three times, twice by the French once by the Austrians.
I am also settled with Family number, i still have a memory but im not sure how good it is , anyhow if you want to test me on some obscure topics check out http://www.acidray.com at you can get some fab free tunes.
over and out.

bassman.
apesgrapes
Known user

Post by apesgrapes »

was in the attic today, looking through boxes that haven't been opened sicne we moved here. found this little flyer from the zurich gig in 92:

Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

Noticed this on another webboard I visit - I presume the album's out of print.
http://www.european-dream.com/music/thr ... /9641.html

The Darkside - All That Noise (Spacemen 3 spinoff)
http://rapidshare.de/files/5253197/darkside.zip.html