hmm...dreamweapon vinyl reissue

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

bambam
Known user

hmm...dreamweapon vinyl reissue

Post by bambam »

Last edited by bambam on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
davedecay
Known user

Re: hmm... DREAMWEAPON VINYL 2xLP

Post by davedecay »

Came here to see if it was posted - thought there might be a more revealing subject line ;)
angelsighs
Known user

Re: hmm...

Post by angelsighs »

Are we thinking this is a Gerald Palmer thing then? It doesn't say Space Ace recordings anywhere.

I noticed that Fucked Up Inside has also been reissued recently.. I presume that's nothing to do with him, and he's only connected to the Spacemen, not Spiritualized? the reason I ask is that the picture here of the rear cover mentions it being 'distributed by Adasam'- wasn't this Space Age by another name?

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/spiritu ... 667466-01/
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Bollocks. Looks like it (Adasam) is Palmer:

http://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/adasam-limited-04165070/
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

Superior Viaduct are based in the US. They put out some interesting vinyl reissues (they've done a lot of Fall stuff recently). SO they aren't Space Age. I guess it is not impossible that Palmer would be involved in UK distribution, but I wouldn't say that's the same thing as being behind it. And if Will's written the liner notes, I would say that the chances of Palmer being involved are slim (although someone could try asking him).
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Forgive the cynic in me but has Will actually written the liner notes or have they lifted the relevant chapter straight out of 'Playing The Bass...' without his permission and plan on using that?

Maybe Superior Viaduct are kosher, i dunno. Just posting my thoughts.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Seems Will's input is legit, but he's passed caring about the rights and wrongs of the whole SP3 fallout.
Will: The liner notes will basically be a list of every greivance i hold with each individual member of the band
with incriminating pictures
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Will: The liner notes will basically be a list of every greivance i hold with each individual member of the band
Possibly the funniest and most appropriate liner note for any reissue I've ever read!
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I can only assume that's Will's wacky sense of humour at play there?
bambam
Known user

Post by bambam »

title changed power request

[quote=will: The liner notes will basically be a list of every greivance i hold with each individual member of the band
[/quote][/quote]

that would be AWESOME if it indeed the case. as far as superior viaduct goes, the only releases I have from them are the pin group stuff, which was solid. don't have any originals of those so not sure how they compare. the dreamweapon reissue looks like the one space age did a few years back on double vinyl. no mention of wether this plays inside/out or not.
bambam
Known user

Re: hmm...dreamweapon vinyl reissue

Post by bambam »

well GP wasn't going to be left out of this one either. not sure if they are the same press or not

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0791T ... ref=plSrch
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

It would be very interesting to know how this has come about, - is the Superior Viaduct release sanctioned by the band, but not the Spaceage release?
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

They are doing Playing With Fire and Recurring, too:

https://www.superiorviaduct.com/collections/spacemen-3
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Gerald no doubt has "licensed" the recordings to Superior Viaduct, whoever they are.

I wouldn't have thought they were sanctioned by the band for a second.

Happy to be wrong, like.

Does anyone need yet another reissue of these records? Suppose they've not been done on vinyl for a bit. I won't be buying them, at any rate.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

natty wrote:Gerald no doubt has "licensed" the recordings to Superior Viaduct, whoever they are.

I wouldn't have thought they were sanctioned by the band for a second.

Happy to be wrong, like.

Does anyone need yet another reissue of these records? Suppose they've not been done on vinyl for a bit. I won't be buying them, at any rate.
Well they were both out on vinyl last RSD and are still easily available. Is licensing to Superior Viaduct Palmers way of getting round the Spacemen`s `ban` on Spaceage Recordings? Whole thing is just such a sorry mess, such a shame.
bambam
Known user

Post by bambam »

well indeed, this are licensed from Space Age, in case there was any doubt. Will's liner notes are at least not lifted from his book...
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Saw a copy at my local shop today, $31. Really want it...
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Anyone know if it plays from the centre out like the original?
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Honestly, as novel as that is, I really hope not!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

saw Dreamweapon in the record shop the other week and I similarly was lusting over it a bit. just seems a shame that most of the money will go to Palmer
Warnerelick
New user

hmm dreamweapon vinyl reissue

Post by Warnerelick »

Anyone heard about the the album reissue in a few weeks? A vinyl page Im on on FB says its getting a proper reissue not just the coloured vinyl that came out last year
<a href="https://www.noriualaus.com/aroma-rice-cooker-and-steamer/">https://www.noriualaus.com/</a>
Laz69
Known user

Re: hmm dreamweapon vinyl reissue

Post by Laz69 »

Warnerelick wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:56 pm Anyone heard about the the album reissue in a few weeks? A vinyl page Im on on FB says its getting a proper reissue not just the coloured vinyl that came out last year
Not seen anything about a 2019 reissue but, knowing Palmer, it wouldn't surprise me.

Last years reissue of Dreamweapon wasn't coloured as far as i know. The RSD Taking Drugs reissue was i think (pink cover, red vinyl?) but the subsequent blue cover version wasn't.