Spacemen 3: Nurnberg Ruhrersaal 9 May 1989

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

olan
Known user

Spacemen 3: Nurnberg Ruhrersaal 9 May 1989

Post by olan »

A little something to brighten up your lockdown hopefully.

If I have done this correctly you should be able to download a .zip archive containing FLACs. I'll leave the link live for a week or so but it would be great if somebody can shove this zip onto a filesharing site. I'm not competent to do this. Here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6ekr0zacwqdj ... WbZXa?dl=0

1. Rollercoaster
2. Transparent Radiation
3. Things'll Never Be The Same
4. Take Me To The Other Side
5. Starship
6. Revolution
7. Suicide
8. Mary-Anne
9. Little Doll
10. Revolution
11. Losing Touch With My Mind
12. Take Me To The Other Side

Decent audience recording. Taken from the comfortingly mad Kaleidoscope Skies box set. My copy is #18 of 23. There is no info file but hopefully the FLACs are still tagged with all the necessary metadata for your listening pleasure.

Enjoy
veiko
Known user

Re: Spacemen 3: Nurnberg Ruhrersaal 9 May 1989

Post by veiko »

Can i ask how did you get that box?
catweazel
Known user

Post by catweazel »

veiko wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:11 pm Can i ask how did you get that box?
I'd never heard of it either.

Did some digging around just now and it looks like a homemade release which popped up a month or so ago... with a very hefty price tag!

Discogs link here:

https://www.discogs.com/Spacemen-3-kale ... e/14183372

"Limited to only 23 copies.

Live in nuremberg, germany, 09.05.1989, newly mastered audience recording.

deluxe black rigid boxset, closed with a black flexible rope.
- the front of the box shows a „3", made of silver metalic bubblefoil.
- the inside of the lid of the box shows a 12" squareshaped piece of silver bubblefoil
with the „3" in negative.
- the back of the bottom of the box shows a 7" sized circle made of silver bubblefoil.
- the inside of the back of the box shows a 12" sized circle made of silver bubblefoil,
- two transparent 180g vinyl lathe cuts housed in two clear pvc-sleeves, held together with
two silver rivets.
- a battery driven led-coaster is attached in the middle.

- a silver metalic antistatic zipbag with two different pictures glued to it containing:
- a silver metalic tape in a black handsprayed cardboard cover showing a silver „3", the tape contains
the unmastered recording of the concert.
- a silver cdr in a silver metalic zipbag, the cd contains the newly mastered recording of the concert.
- a pair of black sunglasses with „kaleidoscopic effect" glasses.
- a plastic testube with a picture of a spliff inside
- a randomly inserted button.
- a replica of the original gig ticket.
- a zipbag with several pieces of spaceshaped candy inside.
- an insert made of silver cardboard, showing a picture of the band on one side,
and the tracklist/credits of the release printed on transparent paper and attached to
the silver cardboard with two silver rivets on the other side. the insert is handstamped with
the number xx/23 in silver ink.

dedicated to natty brooker r.i.p."

There are lots of these oddities for other bands as well - just search discogs for lathe-cut vinyl and you'll get a stream of limited edition of '3' copies and '1' only pressing.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

The seller DM'ed me on Discogs. I was paid a bonus the previous day otherwise I would not have considered it too seriously. It a is very nice thing though and I had not heard the gig before.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

I would have bought it. Ate potato skins for three months, but still would have got it. Thanks a lot for posting this recording. People usually do not want to share things that are from such a unique box-set.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

veiko wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:13 pm I would have bought it. Ate potato skins for three months, but still would have got it. Thanks a lot for posting this recording. People usually do not want to share things that are from such a unique box-set.
No problem. I'll be sticking a lot more recordings up as soon as I spin up my NAS drive. I hope it helps to pass the time.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Its much appreciated Olan, a lot of time indoors to be filled in and this is a real nice fit,
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Cheers Olan! Think i might have this as Nuremberg Rehearsal(???) so will check hard drives first before d/l. Appreciate the upload.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

Thanks, that's great.

Is it okay if I upload it to the dimeadozen torrent site? That will keep the files live for a while, and I know there'd be people on that site interested in it.

Edit: I've also uploaded the files here, as an alternative. You need to download both files. Sendspace links will remain active for a month after the file was last downloaded:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/mg9qww
https://www.sendspace.com/file/7wndaw
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Jebus Sabes wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:01 pm Thanks, that's great.

Is it okay if I upload it to the dimeadozen torrent site?
Fire away.
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

catweazel wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:20 pm

Did some digging around just now and it looks like a homemade release which popped up a month or so ago... with a very hefty price tag!

Discogs link here:

- the inside of the lid of the box shows a 12" squareshaped piece of silver bubblefoil
- the back of the bottom of the box shows a 7" sized circle made of silver bubblefoil.
- the inside of the back of the box shows a 12" sized circle made of silver bubblefoil,
- two transparent 180g vinyl lathe cuts housed in two clear pvc-sleeves, held together with
two silver rivets.

- a silver metalic antistatic zipbag with two different pictures glued to it containing:
- a silver metalic tape in a black handsprayed cardboard cover showing a silver „3", the tape contains
- a silver cdr in a silver metalic zipbag, the cd contains the newly mastered recording of the concert.
- an insert made of silver cardboard, showing a picture of the band on one side,
and the tracklist/credits of the release printed on transparent paper and attached to
the silver cardboard with two silver rivets on the other side. the insert is handstamped with

There are lots of these oddities for other bands as well - just search discogs for lathe-cut vinyl and you'll get a stream of limited edition of '3' copies and '1' only pressing.
Was the seller will c? That sounds like the kind of attention to detail he would devote to writing a description of the packaging
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

dselevan2 wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:43 am
catweazel wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:20 pm

Discogs link here:

two silver rivets.

Was the seller will c? That sounds like the kind of attention to detail he would devote to writing a description of the packaging
No. The seller was some German guy on Discogs. He produced some stupidly low number of copies (23 IIRC). I think Mark bought the KLF stuff he brought out around then too.
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

I see a folder called..roons with 4 files in it. Which file is the s3?
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]