t-shirts

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

curling
New user

t-shirts

Post by curling »

Hey jason´s friends
We are 2 friends looking for a spiritualized or spacemen 3 t-shirts. We are more stoned than jason and peter in their good times, and we are not able to find any in the web.
Could anybody give us a hand please?
Our email contact:
dmijang@vodafone.es
loveof74@yahoo.com
Thanks very much
Poz&Dani
jmb066
Known user

Post by jmb066 »

The U.S. label Taang, has two Spacemen 3 shirts available. White version is slightly different than the black and the shirts are of good quality.
Jason Burkett
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

i thought i'd write this here as i've sat listening to derivative guitar noise droning for a couple of hours, reading erik's book, and have decided to bolster my level of spacemen 3 fandom. if anyone's got any spacemen t-shirts that they don't want; i want them. a board buddy's donated one already, so i'm glammed up 24/7 in spacemen wear, but if anyone's got any old ones lying around that are too small, i'll take them off your hands and give you a bag of oranges or something nice in exchange.
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

board buddy, BOARD BUDDY, ohhhh thats fucking it MISTER, i hope it shrinks!!!!

board buddy pffft!

i prefer partner in crime.

xxxshonnxxx

p/s- while we are BEGGING for donations, i'll take any unused drugs, don't be timid, just send them right over. **this means you to u_derscore
a beautiful noise
Known user

ohhh and to the two stoners above, welcome, BUT be creative with your time, go to google and type SPIRITUALIZED SHIRTS, it's amazing what the wonders of modern technology can do. go one give a try, don't be scared of change.

xxxshonnxxx
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

Make your own.

Find a suitable image, print it on to that special transfer paper, iron it on.
You should get a few uses out of it before the image fades. When it does... make another one.

Or, take a printout (photocopy a record sleeve, Take Me To The Other Side is a good one for example) down to the T-shirt Printing Shop, hand over your £15 and there you go. A unique item.

That's what I do. If I could be arsed with copyright laws, i'd set up my own business.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

There's a guy on ebay that sells Spacemen 3 hoodies (black or white) that I assume he made. I got a black one with the Midnight Trip photo on the front, a huge Spacemen 3 logo (pyramid) on the back and the same Spacemen 3 logo printed several times down each sleeve. Top quality hoodie too! None on ebay right now, but keep checking. I think I paid $20.00 or something for it. Well worth it!
a beautiful noise
Known user

hey purespace, thats the guy from TWAANG! records.

do you like yours??? i saw them at the shop and quite honestly i thought they looked like shit. hopefully yours is in better condition. the image just didn't look crisp, it was very blurred, i'm a touch bit anal about printing, my girlfriend does her own prints on shirts and clothes, and when you take the time to do them right they look great.

xxxshonnxxx
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

you can tell it's sort of a computer generated image that was enlarged a touch too much, but for my purposes I'm happy with it. Someone in the printing field may certainly take exception, but unfortunately I'm not literate enough to make my own better quality shirt/hoodie.

Anyhoo, I wore it on a trip to Amsterdam last year. A guy in one of the coffee shops said that he had seen S3 perform in Amsterdam in the late 80's and said they were complete shit. I suggested that perhaps he wasn't "listening" correctly. :shock: fucking twat he was. :twisted:
u_nderscore
Known user

Post by u_nderscore »

a beautiful noise wrote:**this means you to u_nderscore
unused?
wha?
:lol:
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

purespace wrote:
Anyhoo, I wore it on a trip to Amsterdam last year. A guy in one of the coffee shops said that he had seen S3 perform in Amsterdam in the late 80's and said they were complete shit. I suggested that perhaps he wasn't "listening" correctly. :shock: fucking twat he was. :twisted:
Probably the Performance gig - listen and decide for yourself. I know an Australian guy who'd never heard of them yet was in the club that night. He said he was astonished at what he witnessed.

Subjective I'd say.
a beautiful noise
Known user

u_nderscore, i can't believe i screwed up and we didn't connect. it would have been trouble. good trouble.

xxxshonnxxx
eelnekwah
Known user

Post by eelnekwah »

On the subject of making up your own shirts - does anyone know the name of the font used for most of the spacemen album/cd covers???
I seem to remember downloading it a long time ago from one of the many sites that have been and gone - but my filing system lacks any form or meaning

Thanks
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

the nearest thing on this site is Butterfield or Fillmore. Mojo is quite close, too.
http://www.psychedelix.com/fonts.html

or here http://www.fontcraft.com/scriptorium/psychedelic.html

Post by Guest »

Thanks for that starfish - some interesting fonts on that site to play around with.All I need now is some spare time and inspiration on board
Funky_pie

Spiritualized Sweatshirt

Post by Funky_pie »

I've just been forced to clear out some drawers at my mum & dads and came across an unworn Lazer Guided Melodies sweatshirt in white with an orange print and it still glows in the dark!!! I cant ever remember wearing it (probably due to the long sleeves) and even though its XL it probably won't fit me now!! The question is, do I make a b-line to the gym and slim into it or whack it on e-bay so someone else can enjoy being seen in the dark?

Funky_pie
eelnekwah
Known user

Post by eelnekwah »

I've just found the font I mentioned earlier in this thread whilst looking for something totally different (you know whats its like after owning a writer for a good few years and archiving stuff to disc!!) I came across the font on Chris Barrus's mighty fine SPZ site when it was up and running.Goes by the name of "Rugby" font.If anyone would like it to use in their own projects ,pm me and i'll mail it over to you
nailik
Known user

Post by nailik »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Theres a rare t-shirt for sale here. Cheap too!
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

nailik wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Theres a rare t-shirt for sale here. Cheap too!
I had one of those t-shirts. I, too, like the ebay seller, hardly wore it because it was just so ridiculously big. Madchester size really, so I ended up taking it to a charity shop.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I've got one of those somewhere. People used to glare at me when they read the back. Or at a gig they'd tap me on the shoulder so I'd turn round and they could see what was written on the front.

The point was that was one of the earliest Spacemen logos.

Its your sale isn't it nailik?
spcmn mthr fckr
Known user

Post by spcmn mthr fckr »

that T looks top! shame im a skinny bastard (and skint at that!) i reckon i'll invest in one of the Spz Ts off the new site soon
appledelphy
Known user

Post by appledelphy »

doesn´t look that good here but my brother bought me this and it´s actually very nice.. silver

back:for all the fucked-up children..etc and the logo

http://www.shocktees.com/category/tshir ... x.html,180
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

i saw someone in a yellow spacemen t-shirt with pink writing and logo (i think) a year or so ago; is this my imagination or did these exist? and, were they originals or reprints?

i just want a kind of bold, tacky one, however faded or holy one, from ages ago, without any neon spazzing around the logo. that ebay one's lovely.
Ian

Post by Ian »

eelnekwah wrote:I've just found the font I mentioned earlier in this thread whilst looking for something totally different (you know whats its like after owning a writer for a good few years and archiving stuff to disc!!) I came across the font on Chris Barrus's mighty fine SPZ site when it was up and running.Goes by the name of "Rugby" font.
Available for download on the front page of Chris's personal site.

Love,

Ian
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

anorthernsoul wrote:i saw someone in a yellow spacemen t-shirt with pink writing and logo (i think) a year or so ago; is this my imagination or did these exist? and, were they originals or reprints?
That's a shirt issued by Third Stone, so its official. I have one in a drawer somewhere.

Post by Guest »

"a guy in one of the coffee shops said that he had seen S3 perform in Amsterdam in the late 80's and said they were complete shit."
Hmm... what's this, a guy in one of the coffee shops talking nonsense?
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

ahh, ta for that runcible, i wondered. just a note; you have to stop saying things like 'i've got one in a draw somewhere' or i will rob your house. i could coincide it with a trip to one of york's lovely record shops (i sampled a few recently, great stuff ...).

ta though.
a beautiful noise
Known user

HAHA! just what i was thinking northern.

c'mon runci, you know you don't have that girlish figure you once had, time to get rid of those old shirts that don't mean nothing to you anymore, nothing not a thing!

xxxshonnxxx
nailik
Known user

Post by nailik »

Yes, that ebay auction was mine. Shirt went for a measly $20.50. Wish I'd kept it now. ;-( (Could have kept it til I was a fat old feller, worn it to shock the folks at the old people's home)

I've got one of the yellow ones too, well smart, my favourite t-shirt.

appledelphy: Is the shirt on http://www.shocktees.com worth getting?
appledelphy
Known user

Post by appledelphy »

nailik wrote:

appledelphy: Is the shirt on http://www.shocktees.com worth getting?

never ironed it and only wash it in the sink but I like it so far..

nailik
Known user

Post by nailik »

Nice, thanks a mill. Shirt ordered!
pauldroneon
Known user

Post by pauldroneon »

to the guy who posted a pic of his sp3 t-shirt ....whatever you do don't put that in the wash it will fade .

i have one ..the front has completly faded almost the back is still intact though.

other t-shirts i have are pretty cool

the let it come down tour t-shirt with spiritualzied acorss the front which glows in the dark.

a ladies and gents t-shirt with the ring design like the cover in silver and black

an ultra cool spirtualized electric mainline t-shirt in black with the pure phase cover with the stream going around the back it's pretty freaky

i also have 2 spectrum t-shirts

a highs lows tour in 94 t-shirt with highs lows heavenly blows on the back and the undo the taboo cover spectrum ball on the front

i also have a pretty amazing forever alien tour t-shirt with a ems synthi synth in bright green with lines comign from the synth explaining the functions of each part of the synth on a bright red back ground it does fuck the eyes up a bit.like an optical illusion of the green coming forward on the red.

not for sale im afraid
nailik
Known user

Post by nailik »

I have a first edition of the Bible. Signed by God.

not for sale im afraid
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

this shirt started out white, then got some black marker, then purple paint marker, then some black fabric dye. then it shrunk too small (or i grew), so i cut off the sleeves & neck.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/d ... 0_0005.jpg

DIY man, i think that's circa 1987 or so.
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

Oi mate, got any cheap Spacemen 3 bootlegs, while you're here?
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

that'll be a no, then.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Does someone out there think us Spiritualized nerds need help on the dating front!? :wink:

Post by Guest »

Ads wrote:Does someone out there think us Spiritualized nerds need help on the dating front!? :wink:

speak for yourself, some of us need all the help we can get...!!! :? :oops: :roll:
(Tho, i draw the line at internet dating...whats wrong with going up the pub, seeing someone and saying hello?!)

Can anyone stop them from putting them ad's on here, cos its beginning to piss me off a little
skippy

Post by skippy »

well, i needed a dog bed.
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

what the hell is hooker furniture? Is like a chaise longue?
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Anonymous wrote:whats wrong with going up the pub, seeing someone and saying hello?
Blimey, going up and talking to girls, whatever next?! I didn't realise we had a cassanova on this board! :wink:
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

yes mate, I'll have an electric chair and some of that amish furniture. Actually, whist I'm at it, think I'll grab some of those wicker decorations to go with my new brass bed, before I hop on a cheap flight to Thialand to meet my online date where we are gonna do a spot of carbon dating. Ta very much!
"I may flake out tonight if I cannot get my way"
russg

Post by russg »

duppyconquerer wrote:yes mate, I'll have an electric chair and some of that amish furniture. Actually, whist I'm at it, think I'll grab some of those wicker decorations to go with my new brass bed, before I hop on a cheap flight to Thialand to meet my online date where we are gonna do a spot of carbon dating. Ta very much!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol:

brilliant. mild stroke of comedy genius. tho, know what i've read about you duppyconquerer, i'm not completely sure whether you are jokin'!!
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

russg wrote: tho, know what i've read about you duppyconquerer, i'm not completely sure whether you are jokin'!!
:shock: *begins to get paranoid*

I wasn't aware people were writing about me!

*closes curtains, just in case*

*takes the phone off the hook*
russg

Post by russg »

duppyconquerer wrote: :shock: *begins to get paranoid*

*takes the phone off the hook*
just cos you're paranoid mate, doesn't mean they're not after you!!!
russg

Post by russg »

Ads wrote:
Anonymous wrote:whats wrong with going up the pub, seeing someone and saying hello?
Blimey, going up and talking to girls, whatever next?! I didn't realise we had a cassanova on this board! :wink:
Easy ads, i only mentioned going upto them and saying 'hello', not actually talking...i'm buggered if i can ever think of anything to say after 'hello'!!!

:?
xm

xm

Post by xm »

Oh fuck me I'm a twat.

[this post was edited by the way... funny that]
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Runcible or $26 have to lock these two threads. so far they are the only ones, other than the Sage tix for sale I just locked, that are being spammed. there must be some keyword in these threads.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

Everyday's a different 'theme' innit! we've had furniture, beds, dating (including carbon-dating, oddly),flights, ringtones and now recipies.
sonic boom
Known user

Post by sonic boom »

spcmn mthr fckr wrote:that T looks top! shame im a skinny bastard (and skint at that!) i reckon i'll invest in one of the Spz Ts off the new site soon
what size r u skinny bastard ?
send me yr address & i'll send u a 'F.U.C' t-shirt.
yeah -sorry guys -i know u understand that i'm away for 6 weeks at a time here & there & its kinda tough to sort merch . I'm looking at a solution though.
I know theres no one that ever did'nt get what they ordered .
If otherwise , please feel free to flog me here .
usually if something goes amiss I sort it out one-way or other.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

spzretent wrote:Runcible or $26 have to lock these two threads. so far they are the only ones, other than the Sage tix for sale I just locked, that are being spammed. there must be some keyword in these threads.
Yeah, I've fucking had it with these wankers. Start a new thread if you want to. Enough. It takes more time than you think to delete this shit.