How The Blues Shoulda Turned Out track listing

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

Meo
Known user

Post by Meo »

you damn right brother!! It rocks..... On the drip!
sonic boom
Known user

Post by sonic boom »

spiritual lies

this is going to be my last post on this site unless things change drastically .
I have to say this site comes over as a collection of mean hearted people -constantly trying to stir shit . I guess i might expect it from Jason's site .
apparently people are finally working out the truth of the situation and realising that the gospel according to Jason isnt quite what he'd like folk to believe.
i understand that there is a disproportionate weight of bullshit from people who have too much time & not enough sense which blinds you to the nice people bubbling below the surface ,unseen - but i'm sick of the nasty pricks that post all these little niggley letters about stuff .
also - One might well expect Will's cd to be sent quickly -he has nothing else to do . I am constantly busy managing , recording , touring etc. etc .
If I had no other work going on I'd be just as efficient i'm sure . No disrepect to Will in any way ,quite the contrary , but it is a LITTLE bit differant I think........I think his l.p. by the way is great ,and i heartily recomend it .
I probably spend far too much of my time replying to emails from nice folks ,
but I dont expect any of the whinging idiots here to understand or empathise .
frankly , making t-shirts or ltd cds is looking like too much hassle . I certainly dont do it for any great financial response .
I'm remembering all the kind notes I got & i'm trying to forget everything else ............ But frankly I'm wondering why I bother .

If you've got nothing better to do than bitch on here about stuff I suggest you apply yourselves to pulling your tongue outta yer arse-holes and start doing something positive for someone other than yourself - maybe something to improve this planet - not , as you are , making it worse .
apparently the people who post the most have the least interesting stuff to say .
please do me a favour & stop embarrasing me that there are such unstimulating & frankly horrible people who claim to like Spacemen 3 .
you are doing a massive diservice to yourselves , Jason , Me , Will & anyone else connected .
there's no doubt that there were some pricks in Spacemen 3 over the years - they know who they are , but there were also some really cool people . please do them justice .

I've made many fantastic lifelong friends thru S3 for which i'm truly grateful but this site is a canker on the face of the band .
If anyone wants to direct their smart alec questions directly to me i'll deal with it , but in reality its more about some sort of show-off shittyness that you need to lay your turds in public & expect others to walk amongst them, that reminds me of all Jason's worse traits & inherently is woven throughout Spiritualized's history . the band was born out of jealousy , thievery & a disloyalty of classical proprtions. Nothing good thatways comes & burnt fingers ,unpaid royalties & uncredited/stolen work are the harvest of that .
I've been saddened over the years by Jason's theft & lack of acknowledgement for what he's stolen or borrowed from me & others he's worked with. thats his karma -which i'm sure he's getting in spades .
Maybe its a bit rough to slough Jason with these unpalateable 'fans' but today it has a horrible resonance of truth.
bye bye

pete Kember

davedecay wrote:
runcible wrote:He's away at the moment.
ah, i see that from the link on the other thread.

pity it couldn't have been sorted in the 6 months prior to the tour. :roll:

maybe someone could trade with me so i can hear what i paid for, while waiting for the official discs from PK... :?:
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

C'mon Sonic, theres a lot who post here - frequently - who are really nice people.

I woke feeling shit today too!

But i'm off - on a friday too - and its sunny outside!

Mines a cold one....
Take it easy...
Pierce
Known user

Post by Pierce »

sonic boom spiritual lies

this is going to be my last post on this site unless things change drastically .
I have to say this site comes over as a collection of mean hearted people -constantly trying to stir shit . I guess i might expect it from Jason's site .
apparently people are finally working out the truth of the situation and realising that the gospel according to Jason isnt quite what he'd like folk to believe.
i understand that there is a disproportionate weight of bullshit from people who have too much time & not enough sense which blinds you to the nice people bubbling below the surface ,unseen - but i'm sick of the nasty pricks that post all these little niggley letters about stuff .
also - One might well expect Will's cd to be sent quickly -he has nothing else to do . I am constantly busy managing , recording , touring etc. etc .
If I had no other work going on I'd be just as efficient i'm sure . No disrepect to Will in any way ,quite the contrary , but it is a LITTLE bit differant I think........I think his l.p. by the way is great ,and i heartily recomend it .
frankly , making t-shirts or ltd cds is looking like too much hassle . I certainly dont do it for any great financial response .
I'm remembering all the kind notes I got & i'm trying to forget everything else ............ But frankly I'm wondering why I bother .

If you've got nothing better to do than bitch on here about stuff I suggest you apply yourselves to pulling your tongue outta yer arse-holes and start doing something positive for someone other than yourself - maybe something to improve this planet - not , as you are , making it worse .
apparently the people who post the most have the least interesting stuff to say .
please do me a favour & stop embarrasing me that there are such unstimulating & frankly horrible people who claim to like Spacemen 3 .
you are doing a massive diservice to yourselves , Jason , Me , Will & anyone else connected .
there's no doubt that there were some pricks in Spacemen 3 over the years - they know who they are , but there were also some really cool people . please do them justice .

I've made many fantastic lifelong friends thru S3 for which i'm truly grateful but this site is a canker on the face of the band .
If anyone wants to direct their smart alec questions directly to me i'll deal with it , but in reality its more about some sort of show-off shittyness that you need to lay your turds in public & expect others to walk amongst them, that reminds me of all Jason's worse traits & inherently is woven throughout Spiritualized's history . the band was born out of jealousy , thievery & a disloyalty of classical proprtions. Nothing good thatways comes & burnt fingers ,unpaid royalties & uncredited/stolen work are the harvest of that .
I've been saddened over the years by Jason's theft & lack of acknowledgement for what he's stolen or borrowed from me & others he's worked with. thats his karma -which i'm sure he's getting in spades .
Maybe its a bit rough to slough Jason with these unpalateable 'fans' but today it has a horrible resonance of truth.
bye bye
pete Kember

Dearest Sonic,

JP here.

We will MISS you!

bye bye!!
xo

I get LONELY too. Sometimes they treat me harshly too. That is when I watch ANNIE with my kids. "THE SUN WILL COME OUT TOMMORROW"

Perhaps if you SEND things on time or DELEGATE the JOB to someone else. Your MAIL ORDER would go more SMOOTHLY!

PEOPLE sent YOU $$$.

you DID NOT send their SHIT, or it takes you 4 months? WHO is gonna get EXCITED about that?

Are we supposed to FEEL your pain?

I certainly do not. 8)

p.s MAKE SOME MUSIC and SHUT UP.

bitterman
New user

Post by bitterman »

I am a fan of Spacemen 3 as well as their offshoots. I have been reading this site for quite some time and never felt like I need to post until now.

First of all you threaten not to post here anymore unless this site changes drastically? Last time I checked this was a Spiritualized message board.

And who are these nasty pricks you speak of? People who sent you money for a cd they have been waiting six months (and counting) to recieve? And then to say Will can get things out quickly because he has nothing else to do? He has a garden to tend to and also has time to make good records.

And people should stop posting here because they are such "unstimulating & frankly horrible people who claim to like Spacemen 3?'' All this because people complained about you and your impeccable customer service?

This site is a "canker on the face of Spacemen 3?"

Once again, this IS a Spiritualized message board. With a Spacemen 3 thread. It is fantastic that you take the time to post here but maybe you should use that filter between your mind and the enter key on your keyboard.

Your post was the nastiest post I have seen on here for some time.
Especially for someone held in as high regard as you are.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

listen,

i've meant no ill will by my posts, and i'm sorry if they come across as whinging. (jolly good word, by the way!)

perhaps i should not have made public my order delay, it wasn't to make sonic look bad or feel bad, or compare his mail-order to anyone else's. he didn't HAVE to give me a break on the price, he OFFERED to, which goes a long way in my book.

patience is a virtue, and i have had no doubt that sonic would send what he promised. i'm glad he's keeping busy and making music.

so again... sorry if i've crapped on about this. best wishes to all involved, much love to those who run this board & allow us to post here.

xxoo

dk
flamingrev
Known user

Post by flamingrev »

davedecay, you're not the one making Sonic look bad. He's got that covered fairly well.
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

This is a shame. Seeing you guys still fighting after 16 odd years makes me feel sad. :cry: I guess too much water and all that...
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

I swear that ain't J tho Natty. Just a fool.
"I may flake out tonight if I cannot get my way"
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Pierce wrote:
sonic boom spiritual lies

bye bye
pete Kember

Dearest Sonic,

JP here.

We will MISS you!

bye bye!!
xo

I get LONELY too. Sometimes they treat me harshly too. That is when I watch ANNIE with my kids. "THE SUN WILL COME OUT TOMMORROW"

Perhaps if you SEND things on time or DELEGATE the JOB to someone else. Your MAIL ORDER would go more SMOOTHLY!

PEOPLE sent YOU $$$.

you DID NOT send their SHIT, or it takes you 4 months? WHO is gonna get EXCITED about that?

Are we supposed to FEEL your pain?

I certainly do not. 8)

p.s MAKE SOME MUSIC and SHUT UP.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Welcome back muscles.

And Sonic, if you're going to be a business man, GET TO THE BUSINESS. Quit giving everyone the piss and stop moaning because WE SEND YOU MONEY AND YOU DON'T DELIVER A FUCKING THING. This isn't the Sonic Boom therapy room. Does that hurt? Pity. You've had our money since at least December and by PAYPAL standards you are a fucking thief. And fuck anyone who says I'm being a consumerist pig. I entered into a gentleman's agreement, and I've been treated like a TURD by an uppity fuck who would rather rest on his laurels than be a gentleman. No one, NO ONE, is THAT busy, Sonic. Do you think the BANK would understand if you acted this way with your mortgage payment? In the fuckin' gutter you'd be living golden boy, oh, but you wouldn't know about common folk's plight, eh? Let them eat cake is how we feel, Sonic, whether that was your intent or not. How your lack of responsibility to your fans (customers) equates to your bitch with Jason's success is well beyond me. But apparently you are well fed. Will is not. Will is a champion. You are not. And in the amount of time it took you to vent you spleen, you could have posted our goods. Buyer complaint filed with Paypal today.
I think I feel it coming on
sniff_the_glue
New user

Post by sniff_the_glue »

we need trisha to sort this out :cry:
Mussels
Known user

Post by Mussels »

Right on PureSpace, totally agree with you ! Pete, if you don't expect to deliver the goods within a reasonable time frame, then why bother at all ? Don't you think that 4+ months is a little long to mail merchandise to people who paid good money ? Okay, give me your take on your touring, recording and how busy schedule prevents you from taking care of 'business' ? Don't put out merchandise if you can't handle it ? Also, please don't speak on behalf of Will. How do you know that Will has all the freetime and can deliver the goods on time. Also, 'Friendly Fire' is way more reasonably priced then your 'limited' stuff ! Also, stop slagging Jason on his website, do that shit on yours ! I also hate the fact that EVERYONE is on the wrong, but you are always right because your Pete Kember !

If you can dish the shit then you can take it as well ! :evil:

Regards,
Mussels
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

duppyconquerer wrote:I swear that ain't J tho Natty. Just a fool.
Yep, stupid me. Should have recognised the ANGRY CAPITALS and REALISED who it was STRAIGHT away.
Not seen the likes of him round here for a bit.
The Breeze
Known user

How The Blues Shoulda Turned Up

Post by The Breeze »

If you think Sonic is bad check this.

I sent 80 cents to Robert Johnson for a tube of his songs over 70 years ago and I've still not recieved a thing! No one is that busy.

:D
a beautiful noise
Known user

Re: How The Blues Shoulda Turned Up

Post by a beautiful noise »

The Breeze wrote:If you think Sonic is bad check this.

I sent 80 cents to Robert Johnson for a tube of his songs over 70 years ago and I've still not recieved a thing! No one is that busy.

:D
hahahaha what shit that is, i got mine and they're great. he even has the devil doing the back up vocals on a few tracks!

xx
The Breeze
Known user

Re: How The Blues Shoulda Turned Up

Post by The Breeze »

a beautiful noise wrote:
hahahaha what shit that is, i got mine and they're great. he even has the devil doing the back up vocals on a few tracks!

xx
Yeah, but the tracks with Gary Barlowe on them are shite.

.....and the writing on the T-shirt is wonky!!
ascension
Known user

Post by ascension »

has sonic shipped/sorted out the new shirts yet?
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

ascension wrote:has sonic shipped/sorted out the new shirts yet?

leave it ...
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Starfish wrote:

leave it ...
Pete stated yesterday that they will ship this week or next. All will soon be forgiven. :D
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

worst thread ever.
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
-D. H. Lawrence
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

feetsies wrote:worst thread ever.
it wasn't, til just before this post. :twisted:
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

ooh, look at the lemming jumping in on the hating. What a surprise. Mob mentality on the Spiritualized board is pretty funny. I'm glad this thread exists so everyone can see what a bunch of babies you are. "lol"
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
-D. H. Lawrence
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

purespace wrote:
Starfish wrote:

leave it ...
Pete stated yesterday that they will ship this week or next. All will soon be forgiven. :D
I doubt it. I'm sure Pete won't sell much anymore due to all the bitching. I know he rather refund money than deal with pricks, which apparently are quite present on this boad :) hahaha, I'm such a rabble rouser lol
-D. H. Lawrence
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

why is it someone who paid money in December or whatever it was and is still waiting considered a prick for complaining in a forum Sonic posts in? I thinks its fair. Sonic has emailed them to let them know what going on. I'm quite sure he's not happy its taken this long to get the items out.

And sure his last post here he blew off some steam(to put it mildly) but there isn't any need to have your head so firmly stuck up his ass. Its pathetic.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

hahahaha, are you kidding? I've gotten into it with mr. kember. I just think that complaining about it on the Spiritualized board is stupid. E-mail him directly.. looking like whiney little bitches doesn't really do much for your cause. That's hilarious.
-D. H. Lawrence
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

feetsies wrote:hahahaha, are you kidding? I've gotten into it with mr. kember. I just think that complaining about it on the Spiritualized board is stupid. E-mail him directly.. looking like whiney little bitches doesn't really do much for your cause. That's hilarious.
And you think we have not e-mailed him directly? Of course we have young lady. And we've baited him here publicly as he has taken to it on occassion. Look, I'm gettin my god damn Spacemen shirt, ok? OK? And I'm going to look GOOD in it TOO! See, being WHINEY LITTLE BITCHES does get me SOMEWHERE. Now, back to the pills. . . where the fuck are they . . . .
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Anyone else think it's about time this thread was locked?
u_nderscore
Known user

Post by u_nderscore »

i'm outta here friends. cheers, s'been a hoot and a window to some beautiful music.
peace and good vibes to spacemen and women all.
x
jason, y'know we love you, please keep it coming. sound as ever.
x
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

well put.

what was the last bit about? You outta here for good? I hope not.
this board does get juvenile at times but it is the source of great music knowledge and suggestions. Hell I was listening to a comp CD yesterday BzaInSpace sent over two years ago. I also have one from The Jig.

I dont post on any other message boards but this is quite a friendly community here. Hell, I have had numerous offers of help for Bloemfontein. Everything from offers to help set up a UK tour to crashing on their floor. And I know others have had similar experiences meeting folks in person off this board.

So, in a erm... longwinded way, I hope I didn't interpret your post as if you wont be posting here anymore.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Here here u_nderscore. And I concur with Spzretent, I hope you're not leaving here. Like Spzretent, this is the only board I actively read and post to. I wouldn't mind if this thread was locked.

I admit I publicly got my panties in a twist and went postal over some trinkets - - which, in hind sight, felt really good! :twisted: but really, it did get well blown out of proportion to the point where Sonic felt attacked and backed into a corner - - that was not the intent, and intent is everything. Apologies all around. Now back to the music.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Underscore Don't go! :oops:
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

baz (mark II) wrote:people paid for this long-overdue stuff with money they worked to earn in the real world. that's important to THEM. that's why they're pissed. with good cause.
baz, I was pissed too. I postd about it 2 times, and that was the extent of it,. Then when 4 months passed, I e-mailed mr. kember and got no response. Then I was livid. I e-mailed him again thru paypal and got a response and he was pissed at me for using paypal. We got into a heated e-mail argument where he offered to return my money and then explained how busy he was. I decided that I didn't want this to ruin the music for me and found it in my heart to be patient. Given, I work with flakey unreliable people, so I'm used to it and I'm not saying everyone should feel or think like i do. I'm just saying that I have gone thru the same thing and that I got "How the Blues Should of," and other things and I enjoy them because I choose to not let it bother me. underscore is right, he is a public figure, so why would he rip anyone off? I don't think he ever has. I'm not sure tho. Again, I'm not saying that the delay is at alll justified, but when I ordered stuff the second time after the first time's delay, I kind of expected it to take a while. hahaha. Like I said, no disrespect to anyone, just giving you a different perspective. I sometimes wonder what I would be like if I were male. I'd probably get into lots of
fights :]
-D. H. Lawrence
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

baz (mark II) wrote:AND I'M THROOOO WITH PEEEEEEEPULL...WHO CAN'T EVEN BE BOTHERED...TO GET OFF THEIR ARSE...AND...
i'm cold. and hungry. it's dark. can any of you guys tell me which microwave setting i should cook my tvdinner on?
*wimper*

awwww, *hugs*

and put the tv dinner in the oven, 425.
-D. H. Lawrence
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

baz (mark II) wrote:
feetsies wrote:and put the tv dinner in the oven, 425.
tell Boom!!!
LOL
huh? I'm corn-fused. Tell him what? I live in Los Angeles. You can e-mail him just as easily as I can. :wink:
-D. H. Lawrence
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

baz (mark II) wrote:it's ***HIS*** TVdinner!
And if I mail him, he'll probably want me to cook the fucker for him!!!!!!!!
I thought he made muscles a pizza? weird. :]
-D. H. Lawrence
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

Are you leaving U_nderscore? Don't go!
Your post makes perfect sense to me mate. And this is the ONLY place to come to for music...

A couple of people have said how this place is 'bitter' and 'dinosaurs' etc, but I have honestly never got this impression from anyone...
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

True, I was being superfluous (sic?), I do check out the websites Boomkat, bleep.com, Warp, and from time to time Dogs on acid forum, but this is the only place I linger in. Serious, I hope he doesn't go though...

and I hope drones hasn't left properly, as the 'last five records' thread is, in my opinion, one of the best.

And U_nderscore's 'song of the day' is also a great one
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I'll stick my neck out and say I found this u_nderscore barman comparison ridiculous. You genuinely think that Pete Kember has nothing else to do except adjust his records collection, his toys and do bugger all else? I sympathise with those who haven't received their stuff but you imply its a genuinely casual attitude and he simply doesn't give a fuck. You're wrong. Whether you find his rhetoric offensive, and I can see plenty of reasons why people do, he does not have the attitude you believe he does. He stated that he is thinking of quitting doing mail order and I can see why. He processes the entire operation single-handed, from opening the envelopes to sealing up the packages. If he's disorganised then criticise, but there is no way he simply sits back and thinks 'fuck them'. If you believe his service is poor then don't use it - simple. But don't think he's having a laugh at your expense because that isn't the case.
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

baz (mark II) wrote:Just so ya don't get me wrong, Dups - I like this board. It's why I keep dropping in. But it ain't at it's most jumpinest lately.

U_nderscore, your grooviness is a must for this forum. Hang in.
Totally agree man. Hope I didn't come across sarcastic. I do check out the other places I mentioned though, but only Dogs On Acid is a forum. A drum n bass one.

I'm surprised that more people don't frequent this corner of the web, I always see people sign up that never post. What's all that about?! And a certain person has signed up over 50 times now! Hope things look up for you '2 rulez...'

The Jig, check your PM.

edit: bad grammer :oops:
Last edited by duppyconquerer on Fri May 05, 2006 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Baz, thats the best suggestion I have read here in some time.

Let's do it. There's been a lot of insane shit posted here recently, mostly from people who should know better. No names, just move on...up. And leave it. Its good for the soul!

Reality has enough hatred already. [Did I just type that?] Yeah I did. But its true. There's enough rabid fanatics out there wthout everyone here turning against each other.

You know what, maybe i'm mellow tonight casue of the flu medication (for real) or cause I saw Bettye Lavette on the Renfrew Ferry at the weekend :shock: but i'm gonna let this feeling run.

Goodnight everybody, peace and...take care.
Last edited by BzaInSpace on Fri May 05, 2006 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

for what its worth shit flares up here from time to time. its so easy to be confrontational on the internet. I know I am way guilty of this. but not all the time.
i guess if some people dont want to post or lurk here anymore that is entirely up to them. i fully understand. The juvenile things are far outweighed by the breadth of knowledge be it music, sport, culinary, political or whatever. I understand if you are sick of the bitching back and forth but these goodbye messages are ridiculous.
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

I think it's bad form to jump ship before the end of the Fantasy Premier League season.
There's relegation issues and European places still to be decided.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

i think i'm safe from relegation. which is something of a miracle since I cant follow the Premiership much at all. :lol:
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Baz.
you are in 12th place one spot ahead of me. dick! :lol:
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Who's winning this then? Is there a link to the site you're using? Is this going to be happeining again next season...if so I'll definately be up for it.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

here you go as of 5 May:

Manager Gam Tot
1 Holtenders Darren McKinley 49 1816
2 Rocks Off FC Fuzz Head 52 1654
3 Y-TOWN TITANS FC Patrick Bernard 38 1654
4 Bamboo Bilbao matt rawsy 56 1636
5 village idiots let me win 48 1625
6 unsoundmachine paulo rudey 61 1603
7 Hokowhitu Utd Simon Foster 38 1591
8 Sporting Lesbian Star fish 44 1576
9 The Claw Rules All Stephen Head 52 1565
10 Fudgians Jimson Weed 68 1544
11 Holte Heroes Boss Hogg 38 1495
12 BAZ UNITED baz bennett 48 1380
13 Space Chimps FFC Sonic J Creed 44 1353
14 Suburbia united bapple dolphin 43 1275
15 Locomotiv Must Go Will Thisdo 29 1129
16 Sixty Swanks Bigbaw McGraw 32 968
17 Supersonicspacecakes Steve Pierce 23 836
18 ROCKING UTD Yes Yes 31 324
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

:lol:

ironic that is the lol smiley.
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

You doing one next season? Should be online at home by then. I want to call my team Retards With Hammers.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

they've arrived! happiness abounds! thanks again to sonic for the set.