sonic boom's magnetophone remix

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

norrin radd
Known user

sonic boom's magnetophone remix

Post by norrin radd »

is the sheeyat, you're live's will be so much richer for having it in your record collection, go get it, he's come real goood on this one

laters
norrin radd
Fuzzhead
Known user

Post by Fuzzhead »

You're not wrong!

I got mine yesterday. It's absolutely fucking astounding.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Best bit of advice I've received on this forum - what an absolutely blinding track, and I've only listened to it straight so far - God knows what it's gong to be like while high...

Top marks Sonic!
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

I orderd it on the picadilly records site. Hope they have it in stock, it was a rubbish site to use.

There's mention of it on Sonic's site. Reviews by the sun apparently :shock:

http://www.sonic-boom.info/news.php
Fuzzhead
Known user

Post by Fuzzhead »

Clewsr, I thought the Piccadilly Records site was fine to use.

Trust me, their service is anything but rubbish. Especially if you get your hands on this beauty.
assoc.
Known user

Post by assoc. »

i agree that the picadilly site isn't the best in the world but I ordered my copy thursday lunchtime and I received it friday morning.

its a great track and long enough to put on when I woke up this morning, get dressed, washed and have breakfast. thanks for the recomendation...

On a seperate note I'm after jasons 22-20's remix if anyone has a second copy knocking around...i ordered that from picadilly only to receive an email 3 days later saying they'd sold out.

cheers

assoc.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

got my copy in the post this morning so I can't knock picadilly for the service.

when I ordered it I had to put my details in 4 times before it worked - security problems I think.

I'm liking this track ALOT 8) 8) . If you're tempted get in there and order a copy now, you will not be disappointed. its currently going a long way to clearing my bleary hangover

only wish they had included the original to so I could compare and contrast. Who are these Magnetophone people - would anyone recommend their album?
Fuzzhead
Known user

Post by Fuzzhead »

Clewsr, after I heard Sonic's remix I went out and bought The Man Who Ate The Man.

It's amazing. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Post by Guest »

we went to see magnetophone last fri, sonic was playing with them ,and it was absolutely amazing, hands down one of the best gigs ive been to, they were really on form, as was sonic, making lots of trippy feedback, tremeloed harmonys and oscillatting whirls, after the last dissapointing ear gig i saw, it has really reinforced my opinion that sonic is still the man, if the opportunity arises, go see magnetophone, you dont need drugs, it'll pummel you out of your body regardless

laters
norrin radd

Post by Guest »

p.s. as fuzzhead said, "the man who ate the man" is a stonking album, listen to it in a wind tunnel, it'll blow you away (sorry)

laters
norrin radd
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

That's good good enough recomendations for me. Order made.

that live show sounds excellent. I spotted an interview with them if anyone is interested:

http://www.themilkfactory.co.uk/interviews/mphoneiw.htm

cheers fuzzhead and norrin.
anorthernsoul
Known user

Post by anorthernsoul »

have i totally missed out on this ten inch?
piccadilly said they'd run out, and the website jibs me about a bit.
charitable donations/sales appreciated ... xx.
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

what's it called, this Magnetophone mix? I can't find the title of what I'm supposed to be looking for. My local record shop said the latest Magnetophone single was available on 7-inch only.

:?:
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Its Benny's Trip, as below. Good luck hunting it out!

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=19598
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

ta, la
Meo
Known user

Post by Meo »

These Magnetophone types have been fucking around with the Earlies (!)you can have a listen here see what you think - not had chance to myself yet:

http://www.poptones.co.uk/index.php?/mp ... e_earlies/

Also!!! perhaps of more interest Sonic's been answering a few questions here:

http://www.poptones.co.uk/index.php?/qu ... onic_boom/

Enjoy everybodypeoples - Happy Wednesday !
u_nderscore
Known user

Post by u_nderscore »

don't know if it's the same thing - i can't get that link to work meo - but there's a 15 minute mix of new magnetophone album tracks, mixed by the chap from the earlies, available to download here and it's rather lovely too.
8)
sonic boom
Known user

cheap drugs , benny's trip etc.

Post by sonic boom »

clewsr wrote:got my copy in the post this morning so I can't knock picadilly for the service.

when I ordered it I had to put my details in 4 times before it worked - security problems I think.

I'm liking this track ALOT 8) 8) . If you're tempted get in there and order a copy now, you will not be disappointed. its currently going a long way to clearing my bleary hangover

only wish they had included the original to so I could compare and contrast. Who are these Magnetophone people - would anyone recommend their album?
THANKS ! NICE ONE . SORRY ITS SO LTD.......PRETTY THO
IT WILL BE AVAILABLE IN DIFF FORM ) ON A FREEEBIE AT THE ' TOON FESTIVAL ' (PATRONAAT) hAARLEM , NETHERLAND (V.NEAR aMSTERDAM)
IN EARLY (8TH ) OF aPRIL . PROBLY WORTHY OF THE AIR FARE ALONE !
I'M TRYING TO GET 4AD TO RELEASE IT ON CD , WITH SOME OTHER MIXES BY ME . LOBBY THEM AT THEIR SITE IF U CARE .
CHEERS FOR THE PROPS THO FOLKS .

PK
sonic boom
Known user

Post by sonic boom »

Anonymous wrote:we went to see magnetophone last fri, sonic was playing with them ,and it was absolutely amazing, hands down one of the best gigs ive been to, they were really on form, as was sonic, making lots of trippy feedback, tremeloed harmonys and oscillatting whirls, after the last dissapointing ear gig i saw, it has really reinforced my opinion that sonic is still the man, if the opportunity arises, go see magnetophone, you dont need drugs, it'll pummel you out of your body regardless

laters
norrin radd
SUMONE SAED YOU SHOULD SEE SPECTRUM WITH THAT CARRUVVERS PLAYING !.

CHEER. NICE ONE .
APPRECIATED
sonic boom
Known user

Post by sonic boom »

Anonymous wrote:we went to see magnetophone last fri, sonic was playing with them ,and it was absolutely amazing, hands down one of the best gigs ive been to, they were really on form, as was sonic, making lots of trippy feedback, tremeloed harmonys and oscillatting whirls, after the last dissapointing ear gig i saw, it has really reinforced my opinion that sonic is still the man, if the opportunity arises, go see magnetophone, you dont need drugs, it'll pummel you out of your body regardless

laters
norrin radd
OH YEAH -LOOKS LIKE MAGNETOPHONE + ME , 'LL DO THE LUMINAIRE AGAIN IN JUNE -FIRST SAT - THEY SEEM TO THINK NO-ONE'LL GO ?

Post by Guest »

sonic boom wrote:

laters
norrin radd
SUMONE SAED YOU SHOULD SEE SPECTRUM WITH THAT CARRUVVERS PLAYING !.

CHEER. NICE ONE .
APPRECIATED

heh, this is true, i've witnessed a spectrum set with carruthers on bass, manchester in 1999, supporting the flaming lips at the main debating hall, and very good it was too.....but then i also saw tortoise support stereolab (with a mr kember, ex webster's wools) on theremin at the same venue in 1995.....and that was frankly rather fucking amazing.
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

oh, that was me...curse this pesky guest posting ability
sonic boom
Known user

Re: cheap drugs , benny's trip etc.

Post by sonic boom »

sonic boom wrote:
clewsr wrote:got my copy in the post this morning so I can't knock picadilly for the service.

I believe its £4 for the 12" on the 4AD site .
It is likely to be released as a gig cd with a 1056 remix , the original 17 minute mix & summit else.
I do recomend their LP -'the man who ate the man '
best
pk
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

yes. Finally got the LP a couple of weeks back. Its well worth it. Is the tour likely to stretch up to the North of England [Liverpool??] at any point?
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

Meo wrote:These Magnetophone types have been fucking around with the Earlies (!)you can have a listen here see what you think - not had chance to myself yet:

http://www.poptones.co.uk/index.php?/mp ... e_earlies/

Also!!! perhaps of more interest Sonic's been answering a few questions here:

http://www.poptones.co.uk/index.php?/qu ... onic_boom/

Enjoy everybodypeoples - Happy Wednesday !
are these any good? some friends of mine are playing with merz who is currently on european tour with the earlies?
jesus son
Known user

Post by jesus son »

andyblacktoo wrote:
are these any good? some friends of mine are playing with merz who is currently on european tour with the earlies?
first (and only?) album is v.v. good, well worth a listen
Fuzzhead
Known user

Post by Fuzzhead »

If the 4AD site is still doing the 12" for 4 quid, this fella who got a copy on eBay tonight may need to lie down in a dark room for a while:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1
sonic boom
Known user

Post by sonic boom »

clewsr wrote:yes. Finally got the LP a couple of weeks back. Its well worth it. Is the tour likely to stretch up to the North of England [Liverpool??] at any point?
we're doing two shows in Scotland at the TRYPTYCH festival in edinburgh and,aberdeen 29/30 April respectively. plus Rob Da Banks ICA night on the 28th
best
pk
ps -trying to fit a Leeds show in too , but it'll be later in the year if we do.
sonic boom
Known user

Post by sonic boom »

Fuzzhead wrote:If the 4AD site is still doing the 12" for 4 quid, this fella who got a copy on eBay tonight may need to lie down in a dark room for a while:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1
I may be wrong -but it was still listed as available.
it was only 300 copies on one-sided pink vinyl with a E23 sleeve .
so maybe they are long gone -they certainly seem to be elsewhere .
jamesj

Post by jamesj »

They're not sold out yet I don't think, I got one this week. It's amazing, as I expected it would be.
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

Still not sold out - I've just ordered one.
sonic boom
Known user

Post by sonic boom »

clewsr wrote:yes. Finally got the LP a couple of weeks back. Its well worth it. Is the tour likely to stretch up to the North of England [Liverpool??] at any point?
if its down to me , yes . MAtt & John Phone are both married or about to be - kids ,day- jobs etc. so time is tight , but I think they realise that this l.p. is important & they should support it properly with shows .
the nearest so far to u is Aberdeen , but I think AFX is doing a set too -the TRYPTYCH festival .
they have a myspace site in the making or online just now , I think magnetophone.co.uk might be directed at it,
I'm kinda surprised 4AD still have those . I guess search engines miss that ?