Vocalist Wanted

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

PapaSerpen
New user

Vocalist Wanted

Post by PapaSerpen »

We're a newish band, though we've now got a stable line up which consists of myself ryhthm guitar, lead, drums and bass (the bass player actually used to be in a band called 'Flite118' which was fronted by the very same 'Spaceman3' drummer.)

We've got easily an albums worth of really good material, with bags of potential, but we need a vocalist who can put their own spin on things. We've also got really good gig oppertunities open to us, including possible support with 'The Warlocks' on their next UK tour! as long as we get it together.

So, as I said we're looking for someone who can put their OWN spin on things, has something about them, and is really commited.

A bit more about us then, a difficult subject! style wise we've got a fair amount of variety across the songs, we've got a heavy guitar based sound with a menacing sonic undercurrent. Our influences are pretty varied but the most relevant are 'Velvet Underground', 'Stooges', 'Spaceman3', 'The Warlocks'.

Oh yeah, we're based in Oxford too. So get in touch on the details below:

mobile: 07766 318412
e-mail: 03141092@brookes.ac.uk

thanks
We're on a Starpath
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Sorry to be a pedant (well, not that sorry or I wouldn't have bothered posting) but it's Spacemen 3 not Spaceman 3. What's your current band called? Let us know and I'll look out for you.

Which SP3 drummer fronted your bassist's old band? Tim? Natty? Jonny? Rosco?

Good luck with the hunt for a vocalist...
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

I don't think this guy's going to return. If he doesn't I'll sic Spzretent on his post in Other and delete this one myself.
PapaSerpen
New user

Post by PapaSerpen »

As it goes I'm not sure about the drummer, didn't know there had been that many. I'm not the most massive fan (more into the 'Spiritualized' era), but I'm the only one in the band that actually does this sort of stuff. Anyway, I'm sure theres some stuff on 'Flite118' around, our bass players called 'Joe', he played the bass in 'Flite118' as well as us.

Sorry about the spelling error, 'Spacemen3', i always fuck that one up, dunno why, probs cos my memories shot to fuck this days.

As for what we're called, well we're still arguing that one out, i think maybe 'Sixman' or 'The Sixman', its a reference to a old garage track I love , 'Midnight to Six Man'.

Anyway, if I find out who before you do I'll post which drummer it was, watch this space.

cheers
We're on a Starpath
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

Don't post the same message to more than one forum. You can pretty much be certain that one or both will be deleted. Consider this one a warning.
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

I can vocalise but would only join if we could do a song called,"The Brain Of Morbius" (although I may compromise on "The Talons of Weing-Chung").
PapaSerpen
New user

Post by PapaSerpen »

Hi, well as promised, the drummer from 'Spacemen3' who fronted 'Flite118' was Nick.
We're on a Starpath
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Who was Nick?

An earlier drummer of Spaceman 3?

:wink:

My solo stuff will be under the name 'The Power Of Kroll', and features tracks 'The Masque Of Madragora', 'Image Of The Fendahl' (sounds like a Roky Erickson LP!) and 'The Horns Of Nimon'....

...or something. :cry:
mazza
Known user

Post by mazza »

i'm starting a band called "mikey forrester and the russian sailors"

the album is called "my dog wants breast implants"

so far i'm the only member, the songs have no lyrics, only 10 minute tambourine solos.

anyone interested?
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

oh mazza, this is the opportunity I've been waiting for all my life! I can contribute er, well, a complete lack of guitar playing ability. But I'm sure I can bash the shit out of a tamorbine. Will that do>? :roll:
mazza
Known user

Post by mazza »

sounds perfect clewsr - you're in.
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

BzaInSpace wrote:Who was Nick?

An earlier drummer of Spaceman 3?

:wink:

My solo stuff will be under the name 'The Power Of Kroll', and features tracks 'The Masque Of Madragora', 'Image Of The Fendahl' (sounds like a Roky Erickson LP!) and 'The Horns Of Nimon'....

...or something. :cry:
I will record my psychedelic masterpiece in a beach-house in California.
It will be called "Troughton Mask Replica" 8)
will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

[img]

did that work? probably no - it wasnae easy.
trolleyhead

Post by trolleyhead »

Nick who??