Sonic's selling new Spacemen 3 t-shirts!

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

throb
Known user

Sonic's selling new Spacemen 3 t-shirts!

Post by throb »

purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

yes. sonic accepted my paypal payment on december 13, 2005 for one, but of course, I do not have it. it must be with davedecay's cdr, right? . . .AND what about all of the Spz *poo* I ordered from this *sucking site last *sucking month on the *sucking day it was made available (foolishly *thinking* he'd have them in time for Christmas gifts hahaha). HEY!! WAKE UP!!! ARE YOU *SUCKAS TOO STONED OUT OF YOUR *SUCKING TREES TO SEND US OUR *POO*????????????? SEND ME MY SUCKIN *POO* !!!!!!!!!!

SONIC!!!!!!!GET OFF YOUR DEADBEAT *BUM AND SEND DAVE HIS *POO*!!!!!!!!!! SEND ME MY *POO*!!!!!!!!!!

For those in charge of merchandise for this site and Sonic too: you get our money, you put our *poo* in the mail. period. it's a damn good thing this isn't ebay 'cause you'd be shut the *poo* down man. as much as I would like to order Guitar Loops, I've lost confidence in this site's ability to do something as simple as follow through on a deal. its not like you had a *poo* load of orders to sort through, everything was LIMITED, remember? "hurry hurry before all the *poos* gone!!" Between here and Sonic's distribution issues, lesson learned :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by purespace on Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think I feel it coming on
rg1980
Known user

Post by rg1980 »

why donesn't everyone just calm down? You'll get your 'shit' as soon as they decide to send you your 'shit' and there isn't much you can do to get it any quicker, so why raise your blood pressure. And if your 'shit' is 'shit' why bother ordering your 'shit' in the first place? Damn yanks, stop using that bloody word before i hop on a plane and bitch slap each and every one of ya! And so what if sonic takes forever to get his arse in gear. He isn't a postman, or a merchandise department, or anything else. He creates beautiful sounds which we are damn fortunate to be able to hear, and sometimes he sells the odd tshirt or something to try and make a couple of quid. If you ain't happy with the service - DON'T USE IT!!! Its that simple. Either be prepared to wait, or don't buy it. And stop behaving like spoilt little brats. It'll happen when it happens. And paypal taking 5 days? Since when? I signed up for an account, and later that day used it to buy several items from various websites - all of which were successful.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

[quote="rg1980"]why donesn't everyone just calm down? You'll get your 'shit' as soon as they decide to send you your 'shit' and there isn't much you can do to get it any quicker, so why raise your blood pressure. And if your 'shit' is 'shit' why bother ordering your 'shit' in the first place? Damn yanks, stop using that bloody word before i hop on a plane and bitch slap each and every one of ya!

thank you rg1980 for being the voice of reason here. and the offensive sh*t word will be replaced in the future with the kinder "poo" when I lose my mind (or perhaps you could recommend something more european?). certainly I did lose my cool. and you are correct. it is unreasonable, why it's down right wrong, for davedecay to think that he would receive his cdr from sonic more than 4 months after paying for it, not to mention within the same year. my bad. sorry. all business should be conducted in this fashion. When the pharmacy heading annoucing the new Spz merch was subtitled "All I Want for Christmas," well, perhaps I was just reading a bit too much into that, no, it was plain foolish of this spoiled yank.

p.s. I have some wonderful spacemen 3 shirts for sale, just paypal me imaknob@bitchslapayank.com

:D

Love, Purespace

p.s.s. I edited my original post for your review. I think it's a wee bit kinder and maybe even gentler in tone? no?
rg1980
Known user

Post by rg1980 »

A yank who (almost) understands irony?! Wonders will never cease.

purespace...sh*t isn't offensive. I just picked you up on it because of your bastardisation of the language. Plus you sounded like a c*nt. A yankee c*nt at that.

which reminds me...no, wait, hang on a minute, really important, just a second...wait...i think...its...

nope, i almost cared about your half arsed crap you spout. If you or anyone else has got a problem I would've thought the first thing to do was to get in touch with the people who were actually selling you the goods and ask them, not snivel about it on a forum somewhere in cyberspace. The snail-like pace of these people are something we all have to put up with and we all know about. I mean, Spaceman himself said that all was needed to sort out the hacker/forum thing was one phonecall...and that took them months. And I'm sorry, but Sonic or Spaceman or anyone else ain't in the business of flogging bloody tshirts or ripped cd's. They make music. Who else on the face of this planet would bother making cdr's TO ORDER of a limited edition double cd? I'm sorry, but Sonic pissed me off when he said he'd flog the cdr version of How The Blues... That collection of sounds were meant to be something special, but thanks to whining little c*nts like you he was forced into doing it rather than see it being flogged on ebay or some two-bit torrent site. So...four month wait? What does Pete Kember himself say about it? Does he give a reason? Has he been asked? Is the reason justified? Don't know, purespace? Does that make you ignorant? Or just American? What have the merch shop on here said about your delay? What reason have they given? Have you asked?

I mean, how really would it enhance your life drinking from a mug with Spiritualized written on it, or walking around with a Spaceman tshirt (do they even come in XXXL American sizes?). Answer is, it wouldn't at all. Unless of course you were b*llock naked? Its about the tunes man. Apart from the love of your family, nothing else matters. So wipe your arse (not ass) and just wait for your merchandise (not shit). Or, if you'd prefer, send some paypal to me, and i'll get me a nice felt-tip and draw 'Spiritualized' on any mug or shirt you want.
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

man, i can't even start to point out the errors of your post.

jesus, i give in, where is $26 when you need him.

xxme

p/s- maybe when can get a cybersignal out to $26, like the bat call or something.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

a beautiful noise wrote:man, i can't even start to point out the errors of your post.

jesus, i give in, where is $26 when you need him.

xxme

p/s- maybe when can get a cybersignal out to $26, like the bat call or something.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I luv everyone around here. And where in the poo is MUSCLES??? You would luv MUSCLES re1980. Doesn't take much to get the righteous, angry debate heated up when the board becomes stale. Did you know Jason's secret middle name was greased lightning? You may now stop taking my poo seriously rg1980, and welcome aboard sweety. You're gonna love it around here, yank cunts and all!!!!!!!!!!! YEE HAW!!

Love, Purespace.
rg1980
Known user

Post by rg1980 »

oh man, even getting righteous didn't keep me entertained for as long as i had hoped.

hang on a minute tho...more bloody yanks?! Fecking hell, what is this world coming to?

Post by Guest »

rg1980 wrote:A yank who (almost) understands irony?! Wonders will never cease.
wow. you ever been to America asshole? With your pasty skin, skinny ass frame and rotting crooked teeth?
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

i think i'm up to 4 months wait for my CDs now. is that a reasonable amount of time to wait for an order to arrive? maybe if it's a painting or a sculpture, but a burned CDR or 2? what's that take, like 30 seconds at the computer and another minute to write on the discs?
rg1980
Known user

Post by rg1980 »

wow. you ever been to America asshole? With your pasty skin, skinny ass frame and rotting crooked teeth?[/quote]

Oh, look, now you’ve hurt my feelings. Look if we’re going to get personal, don’t, cos yank’s always come off worse…fat, lazy, arrogant, self-centred, self-obsessed, narrow minded…we drink more, screw more (and for longer)…better wages, better cars, better heritage (hey, ain’t your entire history from us anyway?)…more class, more style…understanding of irony, of wit, of sarcasm…more accommodating…blah blah blah. What have we got from you lot anyway? Basketball? Plastic surgery? McDonalds? Disney? Obesity? KKK? Nike? A sense of hyperreality? (just stop me when I come across something worthwhile). And whilst we’re on the subject, an ‘ASS’ is a ‘DONKEY’. A ‘BACKSIDE’ is an ‘ARSE’. Thank you. I feel so much better (irony incase you didn’t realise).

And while we’re on the subject davedecay… a) you’re lucky he’s doing you a cdr at all – in my opinion, you were too late buying the original release, so you shouldn’t have been able to buy a copy at all. Is spaceman going to do a cdr of the treader release if they sell out before I can get a copy? No, he isn’t. And more importantly: b) yeah, 4 month is a long time. That wasn’t my point. My point was…What has Sonic Boom said?
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

rg1980 wrote: Thank you. I feel so much better (irony incase you didn’t realise).
isn't it ironic...I'd say that was really sarcasm. Bless. You 'did an Alanis'
rg1980
Known user

Post by rg1980 »

-
-
Last edited by rg1980 on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
spzretent
Site Admin

rg1980

Post by spzretent »

irony? how about out and out bigotry, or even hate.
must be tough walkin' around w/that giant chip on your shoulder.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
a beautiful noise
Known user

or his head up his ass!
a beautiful noise
Known user

obviously that's not directed at you jig.

xxme

Post by Guest »

Oh, look, now you’ve hurt my feelings. Look if we’re going to get personal, don’t, cos yank’s always come off worse…

The first things you did, rg1980, was get all generalized, oversimplified, hateful AND personal within your first four, count them, four posts on this board claiming a deep rooted understanding of irony, general disgust for everything American, and attack dog like response to my blathering about not getting my/our poo in a timely fashion. What you have now shown everyone is your need for schooling in some simple manners, not to mention your childish and, frankly, emabarrassing representation of all you assume to be Brittish. I suspect this is a thinly veiled jealous streak running up and down your spine of all things American and that you actually have an enourmous hard-on for all things . . . . yank . . .especially m.c. hammer pants and vanilla ice hair.

And, no, Dave is not lucky that Sonic bothers to offer cdrs for sale, he simply took him up on his offer. And what Sonic said, if you would read the threads, is that it would be in the mail within the week oh about three months ago. So yous just simma dahn 'na you sassy naughty tea drinking pinky pointing eurocentric angsty yankee doodle dandy before uncle sam snaps your nappies down and gets righteous on your backside with an old fashioned behind the barn Gerorge W arse spankin and sends your amercian flag flamin' red and powerfully sore booty-tang down the road on the ass you rode in on (+4 for non-bastardized use of arse, ass, and booty-tang all in one sentence).

kisses. Purespace.
rg1980
Known user

Post by rg1980 »

-
-
Last edited by rg1980 on Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

Sweet weeping Jebus...

where do all these trolls come from?
Lipsmackin' thirstquenchin' acetastin' motivatin' goodbuzzin' cooltalkin'
highwalkin' fastlivin' evergivin' self aggrandizin' willthisdo?
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

i have only half read this thread but feel it qualifies me enough to add my two-penneth:
firstly, there are two types of irony, and sarcasm isn't one of them. it can be confusing.
and secondly, we don't get peanut butter twixes here
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

duppyconquerer wrote:, we don't get peanut butter twixes here
Trust me. Your chocolate makes ours taste like plastic. But I used to brings loads of those little Reeses Peanut Butter cups to my friends every UK visit for a while. The little ones pack a bigger punch.
signed a non ironic fat yank
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

mate. I love those peanut butter cups. Why we got mcdonalds instead of those lovely chocolates I'll never understand. I get it - you want to keep all the chocolates for yourselves.

And duppy. Talk me through your two types of irony, with worked examples if possible. I'm intruiged.

And RG1980. Enough has been said, but it would be nice if you could get your head around the idea that American people should not be summed up by the actions of the American Government, or the actions of their oversized corporations. Particulary the peeps on this board. Most of whom I'm sure are right thinking, cool and laid back individuals with a strongly developed sense of irony. Just a little upset at waiting 3 months for a CD, which I can understand.
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

two types of irony:

1. Verbal Irony = "Your President has a very shrewd understanding of politics" . Ironic because he actually thinks he does. But I know I'm joking and it's me saying it. This however can be percieved as bordering on sarcastic, hence the confusion. Irony is often much more subtle, and less obvious.

2. Situational Irony = "There is peace in our times"- Neville Chamberlain.
Ironic because he misread the situation, and the people he was addressing did not know. Although this was undoubtedly ironic at the time of him making the speach; the full, glaring depth of the irony was not exposed to the people until later. So it increased in hindsight.

Irony does not have to be humerous, and indeed was not until fairly recently. The best examples of this historical shift in perception of irony can be found in poetry.

It is also worth noting that Alanis Morrissete would not comprehend the meaning of irony (if her smash hit single 'Ironic' is anything to go by), if i punched her in the face with it.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

good response. Still not convinced about the first one. I would say that was pure sarcasm. Of course I'm probably wrong. Its amazing the things you think you know, only to think about it and realise you cant explain it at all.

wikipedia has some lenghy and somewhat confusing information on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony.

Re the famous Alanis song. I'm sure I recall a previous thread where it was decided what would have made her situations ironic. For instance if you had travelled around the world to somewhere that was guaranteed no rain for your wedding and it rained, then that might well be classed as ironic.

Although the song is inself a good example. 'Isn't it ironic, singing a song about irony, with no decent example held within it' would have been a great line. Likewise with RG bemoning our American friends for not understanding it, while failing to grasp the meaning of it effectively himself.

anyway. enough already.
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

it's not true sarcasm because alot of people think, including himself that it is so. it's all to do with belief and emphasis. trust :wink:
a beautiful noise
Known user

you don't have to like george w. bush to LOVE america.

it's my home sweet home ya know. i;m not one of those americans that search for their european ancestry and try to make some futile attempt to connect back with that land and people.

i was born and brewed in america, i have travelled the globe and lived in other countries. i can see the appeal and disdain that some people might hold for america.

BUT blatant generalizations show ignorance on your part rg1980. i'll assume that's your year of birth, and jesus my son, you have a lot of learning ahead of you.

xxme
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

dave decay please check your private messages...
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

don't forget there's also the irony which is the process of getting creases out of crumpled clothes.
Maybe we could start an irony board?

If all Americans are stoopid because they got George W Bush in power, what does that make Brits? Bush could perhaps be excused for not actually knowing what's going on around him - Bliar, however, knows exactly what he's up to, which makes him the biggest twat of all.

Yeah, I said it.
Biggest. Twat. Of. All.

Post by Guest »

all joking & banter aside, starfish has got a bloody good point. Bliar is a fool, but him winning the third term is ludicrous. In the last general election, the Conservative party got over 60000 more votes nationwide than Labour, yet Labour got into power with a clear majority of seats. SIXTY THOUSAND!! Now, don't get me wrong, I know how the voting system works in this country, and I dislike the Tories as much as I dislike Labour, but seriously, how on earth can we be living in a true and just democracy if the majority of the voteng public are ignored?! Its a total and utter farce. Bring on the revolution!
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

well, here in the good ol' US of A you dont even need a majority. We have this electoral college which is still confusing. And if thats not bad enough you dont even have to win that. You can just cheat your way in.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

runcible wrote:dave decay please check your private messages...
thanks runcible. YGPM back.
throb
Known user

Post by throb »

Hey! Have you guys heard that Sonic's selling new Spacemen 3 t-shirts?

Post by Guest »

throb wrote:Hey! Have you guys heard that Sonic's selling new Spacemen 3 t-shirts?
no way, why didn't anyone say? Oh man, bet there all sold out by now. :cry: :lol:
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Anonymous wrote:
throb wrote:Hey! Have you guys heard that Sonic's selling new Spacemen 3 t-shirts?
no way, why didn't anyone say? Oh man, bet there all sold out by now. :cry: :lol:
god! were you just going to be keeping this to yourself forever? I'll be the one drowning just before my ship comes in. no doubt.
feetsies
Known user

Post by feetsies »

wow, I'm disappointed in all the yank bashing. I'll kick in yer brit teeth!

lol, I only bothered to read the first page. Fuck this thread. I'm still waiting for my shirt from Sonic AND J and you haven't heard me cry about it like a little bitch with a skinned knee. Pete will send your stuff when he's out of his waking dream. It took 5 months to get my order from him last time and when I made an inquiry, I got bitched out. He's not going to rip you off. He's a busy boy after all, traveling and making music. I'm confident Pete will get my order out by the end of this year because it's just the way he's always worked. If you don't want things to take so much time, don't order them.

I'm hoping to get my spz stuff by the summer. I bet guitar loops gets here first. hahaha
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
-D. H. Lawrence

Post by Guest »

feetsies wrote:wow, I'm disappointed in all the yank bashing. I'll kick in yer brit teeth!

lol, I only bothered to read the first page. Fuck this thread.

Yep, fuck this thread. I'm sorry about even attempting humor. I obviously suck very much at it. I'm sticking to what I do best: good oral hygiene and my W.A.S.P. tribute band.

I'm still waiting for my shirt from Sonic AND J and you haven't heard me cry about it like a little bitch with a skinned knee.

But sometimes it just feels really good to cry like a little bitch with a skinned knee.

Pete will send your stuff when he's out of his waking dream. It took 5 months to get my order from him last time and when I made an inquiry, I got bitched out.

That's why I bitched about it here because he's scary when he yells at you.

He's not going to rip you off. He's a busy boy after all, traveling and making music. I'm confident Pete will get my order out by the end of this year because it's just the way he's always worked. If you don't want things to take so much time, don't order them.

*sigh*

I'm hoping to get my spz stuff by the summer. I bet guitar loops gets here first. hahaha

:D :D :D :D :D :D kisses, Purespace.
sonic boom
Known user

Post by sonic boom »

feetsies wrote:wow, I'm disappointed in all the yank bashing. I'll kick in yer brit teeth!

lol, I only bothered to read the first page. Fuck this thread. I'm still waiting for my shirt from Sonic AND J and you haven't heard me cry about it like a little bitch with a skinned knee. Pete will send your stuff when he's out of his waking dream. It took 5 months to get my order from him last time and when I made an inquiry, I got bitched out. He's not going to rip you off. He's a busy boy after all, traveling and making music. I'm confident Pete will get my order out by the end of this year because it's just the way he's always worked. If you don't want things to take so much time, don't order them.

sonic boom
Known user

Post by sonic boom »

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

No you did that already i think .1777 & all that.
unfortunately , 'we' equate the large population of Bush-ites . Most British are VERY ignorant about our North American brethren . Personally , If anything I dont see any less culture etc. I'd be happy to live in a bunch of US cities.

I'm still waiting for my shirt from Sonic AND J and you haven't heard me cry about it like a little bitch with a skinned knee.

But sometimes it just feels really good to cry like a little bitch with a skinned knee.

Pete will send your stuff when he's out of his waking dream. It took 5 months to get my order from him last time and when I made an inquiry, I got bitched out.

I dont believe i have EVER 'bitched out' anyone buying stuff . I might explain my abscence , but thats all.i'm certainly not 'bitching out ' people . have i missunderstood this ?pk

He's not going to rip you off. He's a busy boy after all, traveling and making music. I'm confident Pete will get my order out by the end of this year because it's just the way he's always worked. If you don't want things to take so much time, don't order them.

fair comment . pk

*sigh*

:D :D :D :D :D :D kisses, Purespace.
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Just thought I'd chip in my 2 cents/pence worth as I'm one of the "whining little cunts" who Pete very kindly burnt an exra copy of "how the blues..." for... I don't own a computer, and have only been posting on this board again because I'm travelling in Asia and it's a cheap as hell way of entertaining yourself for an hour or two. I only found out about 'How the blues..." since I came away 3 months ago, and I've been collecting Spacemen 3 for something like 15 years. I emailed Pete and he sorted me out a copy. It arrived something like a month ago. So thanks a lot Sonic, and rg1980 you should get a grip old son. You sound like an elitist arse. Not to mention a bigot. I guess this is a roundabout way of saying I object to being called a "whining little cunt" for pursuing one of my lifes passions. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
rg1980
Known user

Post by rg1980 »

Natty, you got it wrong mate, its nothing what-so-ever to do with elitism. I'm surprised very few people actually understood - perhaps if you just listened to what i'm saying, instead of narrow mindedly hearing what i'm saying, you'd understand that I (together with many other people) paid a hell of a lot of money for something which I thought AND was told would be VERY limited i.e. special - but I didn't mind spending nearly 4times the amount of a normal album because it was meant to be special, something beautiful, something to treasure. Now, I feel (and it is MY opinion, MY feelings, MY thoughts) that it is little more than some cheap knocked-off cdr which your mates ripped off for you. Then, if that wasn't bad enough, its the fact its being sold as a cdr because people (people i hasten to add like you) backed Pete into a corner and forced him into doing it. Yes, its the same gorgeous sounds, but it'd be the same sounds if it was ripped off some cheap bittorrent website. Which in my opinion, isn't any different. Its the whole thing. The whole package. The whole beauty. And more to the point natty, if this was one of your life's passions - collecting the records, then surely you'd want THE record, not some quick knock-off for the sake of being able to say you've heard the sounds? So, flip back at ya you whiney little cunt, isn't it a question of being an elitist arse for you?

Post by Guest »

rg1980 wrote:Natty, you got it wrong mate, its nothing what-so-ever to do with elitism. I'm surprised very few people actually understood - perhaps if you just listened to what i'm saying, instead of narrow mindedly hearing what i'm saying, you'd understand that I (together with many other people) paid a hell of a lot of money for something which I thought AND was told would be VERY limited i.e. special - but I didn't mind spending nearly 4times the amount of a normal album because it was meant to be special, something beautiful, something to treasure. Now, I feel (and it is MY opinion, MY feelings, MY thoughts) that it is little more than some cheap knocked-off cdr which your mates ripped off for you. Then, if that wasn't bad enough, its the fact its being sold as a cdr because people (people i hasten to add like you) backed Pete into a corner and forced him into doing it. Yes, its the same gorgeous sounds, but it'd be the same sounds if it was ripped off some cheap bittorrent website. Which in my opinion, isn't any different. Its the whole thing. The whole package. The whole beauty. And more to the point natty, if this was one of your life's passions - collecting the records, then surely you'd want THE record, not some quick knock-off for the sake of being able to say you've heard the sounds? So, flip back at ya you whiney little cunt, isn't it a question of being an elitist arse for you?
Wrong on practically every count.

I WOULD like the original, and I'll try and track one down at some point. Unfortunately like I said, I missed the boat, because I don't get near a computer at home. I don't feel I backed Pete into a corner or forced him to do anything, all I did was ask him if he had any left, and he said he had a couple of non-numbered ones. I don't imagine Pete felt backed ito a corner. He could just as easily have told me to piss off.
It's better than not getting it at all, and it is very different from one of my mates knocking me out a copy or downloading it, I'm PAYING for it and the money is going to Pete Kember, like he says, to help fund the new Spectrum LP.
I have spent hundreds on SP3 records over the years, the only things I don't have are the Glass Sound of Confusion, the FE 7" and the I Love You remix 12", and a couple of impossible-to-get things like "Ooozing through the Ozone Layer" and "50,000 Glass fans", which are hardly essential anyway, so it's unfair of you to argue that I don't really give a shit. I've paid 35 notes for a burnt CD, so the money can go to the artist, for heaven's sake.
What you have IS special and limited. I haven't seen my copy yet, it's waiting for me at home, but I'm assuming it doesn't have the artwork and sleevenotes, it'll just be a CDR, if not then extra big thanks to Pete. It's not about elitism for me, I couldn't give a toss who else listens to SP3, as long as they get something from it.
I just can't get my head around why you'd want to stop people who love this band from hearing them. It sounds like elitism, and you're also the one doing all the whining.
I don't want to be able to "say I've heard the sounds". I actually really want to hear them, believe it or not... :D
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

The above was me, if you couldn't guess.
rg1980
Known user

Post by rg1980 »

natty wrote:The above was me, if you couldn't guess.
yeah, that was guessed mate...but again, you got me wrong...I merely wanted to point out how rubbish your arguement was by turning your point back round onto you. I didn't mean for you to get so defensive. How can you possibly say i was wrong on every point/almost every point when 90% of what i said was MY opinion, and MY feelings about that bloody record?! I never said YOU personally backed Pete into a corner, but people who would've just thieved it from anywhere just to be able to say that they've heard it (which, purely just using your arguement against you), you are one. Besides, it would appear that the only people who actually post on this forum - the 'true' fans - are the ones who actually would rather thieve from the people they 'love'. So really, due to that and the fact i'm expressing my opinion (which even though Spz fans are meant to be the most liberal and open minded) I'm not allowed to do.

Right, is there anyone left to insult which i haven't? No? Good! :lol: :roll:
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

rg1980 wrote:
natty wrote:The above was me, if you couldn't guess.
yeah, that was guessed mate...but again, you got me wrong...I merely wanted to point out how rubbish your arguement was by turning your point back round onto you. I didn't mean for you to get so defensive. How can you possibly say i was wrong on every point/almost every point when 90% of what i said was MY opinion, and MY feelings about that bloody record?! I never said YOU personally backed Pete into a corner, but people who would've just thieved it from anywhere just to be able to say that they've heard it (which, purely just using your arguement against you), you are one. Besides, it would appear that the only people who actually post on this forum - the 'true' fans - are the ones who actually would rather thieve from the people they 'love'. So really, due to that and the fact i'm expressing my opinion (which even though Spz fans are meant to be the most liberal and open minded) I'm not allowed to do.
This doesn't even make sense. I give up. Enjoy the record. :lol: :roll:
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

rg1980 wrote:people who would've just thieved it from anywhere just to be able to say that they've heard it (which, purely just using your arguement against you), you are one.

Natty paid Sonic 35 quid for those CDs. How does that equate w/some gettting free burned copies?

Besides, it would appear that the only people who actually post on this forum - the 'true' fans - are the ones who actually would rather thieve from the people they 'love'.

Seems to me this should be backed up by a little more fact than just tossing out a broad generalization of "true" Spiritualized/Spacemen 3 fans.

You have the whole rest of the world to insult. You are on a roll. Good luck.

Post by Guest »

spzretent wrote:
rg1980 wrote:people who would've just thieved it from anywhere just to be able to say that they've heard it (which, purely just using your arguement against you), you are one.

Natty paid Sonic 35 quid for those CDs. How does that equate w/some gettting free burned copies?

the full quote was refering to people like natty, not necessarily natty themself. The original quote was also written with emphasis on MY opinion, and MY feelings - again this was made clear. Because Pete was backed into a corner to flog cdr's, in MY OPINION, I FEEL it has taken something special away from the original recordings. For that reason, i blame people LIKE natty - the people who bought the cdr's.

Besides, it would appear that the only people who actually post on this forum - the 'true' fans - are the ones who actually would rather thieve from the people they 'love'.

Seems to me this should be backed up by a little more fact than just tossing out a broad generalization of "true" Spiritualized/Spacemen 3 fans.

Refer to the high number of threads advertising torrents, bootlegs, swaps and 'borrows'...all of which have at least 2 of the long term regular posters. Torrents, bootlegs, swaps and 'borrows' in MY OPINION are nothing more than theiving. Thus, see the above OPINION.

Post-modern ironic sarcasm. If you didn't get it, i can't be bothered to explain. And yes it is post-modern ironic sarcasm because that is the exact way in which i meant it.

You have the whole rest of the world to insult. You are on a roll. Good luck.

Excellent. Thanks for the vote of confidence...now, who first...?

Look, all this has got ridiculous. I expressed my opinion - which i made clear was my opinion, and i've been shot down in flames for that. I thought we were living in a free society, not communist russia. I apologise for promoting free-thinking. Should I seig hiel now?
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Anonymous wrote: Should I seig hiel now?[/i]
Please dont.
sonic boom
Known user

Post by sonic boom »

Anonymous wrote:
rg1980 wrote:Natty, you got it wrong mate, its nothing what-so-ever to do with elitism. I'm surprised very few people actually understood - perhaps if you just listened to what i'm saying, instead of narrow mindedly hearing what i'm saying, you'd understand that I (together with many other people) paid a hell of a lot of money for something which I thought AND was told would be VERY limited i.e. special - but I didn't mind spending nearly 4times the amount of a normal album because it was meant to be special, something beautiful, something to treasure. Now, I feel (and it is MY opinion, MY feelings, MY thoughts) that it is little more than some cheap knocked-off cdr which your mates ripped off for you. Then, if that wasn't bad enough, its the fact its being sold as a cdr because people (people i hasten to add like you) backed Pete into a corner and forced him into doing it. Yes, its the same gorgeous sounds, but it'd be the same sounds if it was ripped off some cheap bittorrent website. Which in my opinion, isn't any different. Its the whole thing. The whole package. The whole beauty. And more to the point natty, if this was one of your life's passions - collecting the records, then surely you'd want THE record, not some quick knock-off for the sake of being able to say you've heard the sounds? So, flip back at ya you whiney little cunt, isn't it a question of being an elitist arse for you?
Wrong on practically every count.

I WOULD like the original, and I'll try and track one down at some point. Unfortunately like I said, I missed the boat, because I don't get near a computer at home. I don't feel I backed Pete into a corner or forced him to do anything, all I did was ask him if he had any left, and he said he had a couple of non-numbered ones. I don't imagine Pete felt backed ito a corner. He could just as easily have told me to piss off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
pk :
Indeed . but in reality , the cd I sent you are identical to all the others . If it came in a sleeve it was one of an un-numbered bunch that got overlooked.
its identical & not a burn per se . if the text is printed on the cd its the real deal . I cant number them , but I believe I did sign it .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's better than not getting it at all, and it is very different from one of my mates knocking me out a copy or downloading it, I'm PAYING for it and the money is going to Pete Kember, like he says, to help fund the new Spectrum LP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pk , he say :
And believe me , I respect & appreciate your moral stance on this.
there are far too many flap-mouthed posters for these sites who as someone points out would happily burn it & not pay a penny .
I fear its many peoples view , and be sure , IT IS KILLING THE INDEPENDANT SECTOR . i guarantee it .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have spent hundreds on SP3 records over the years, the only things I don't have are the Glass Sound of Confusion, the FE 7" and the I Love You remix 12", and a couple of impossible-to-get things like "Ooozing through the Ozone Layer" and "50,000 Glass fans", which are hardly essential anyway, so it's unfair of you to argue that I don't really give a shit. I've paid 35 notes for a burnt CD, so the money can go to the artist, for heaven's sake.
What you have IS special and limited. I haven't seen my copy yet, it's waiting for me at home, but I'm assuming it doesn't have the artwork and sleevenotes, it'll just be a CDR,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------pk:

not so . you might have noticed that I've consistantly given up royalties & payment to make my releases presented in a way I see fit . I'm making no great claims for this 100 edition set , but it has a color sleeve based on A-work Jason did in 1984 ish .

hope u like it on yr return ,
best
pete k

ps -i dunno why this posted weird . i tried to edit it into sense.
Last edited by sonic boom on Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
sonic boom
Known user

Post by sonic boom »

You have the whole rest of the world to insult. You are on a roll. Good luck.[/quote]

Excellent. Thanks for the vote of confidence...now, who first...?

Look, all this has got ridiculous. I expressed my opinion - which i made clear was my opinion, and i've been shot down in flames for that. I thought we were living in a free society, not communist russia. I apologise for promoting free-thinking. Should I seig hiel now?
[/quote]

It could be argued that free-thinking was about being able to 'seig heil'.........i'm not sure where getting beat up by others for doing it comes under though .....? right of free expression ?
seems 'you' & 'I' (metaphorically speaking )put ourselves out to dry by posting - period. any wind you catch as a result is reasonable & part of the process , right ?
thats why I always think that smart arse dumb posters who dont engage their brain before typing their mostly ,I imagine ,unrequired opinions might go read a book or do something to expand their mind , not try to narrow others .
this isnt particularly aimed at anyone btw.
best.
pk