What Came Before After

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

The Breeze
Known user

What Came Before After

Post by The Breeze »

A quick word to say that I ordered 'What Came Before After - Spectrum and Sonic Boom 89 -93' from American Paperback shop (Via Amazon) and it came from the US in only 7 days. Reasonable price too! Damn good service!

So how do I feel about it? I think it's an essential addition to any S3 fan's collection.

True Love Will Find You In The End - 2 stunning versions
Help Me Please, Don't Go, Drunk Suite, Don't Go, Indian Summer - beautiful stuff
Mechanical Man - completely bizarre version of hideous Manson song. As unpleasant as Lennon's Revolution 9 but more in common with 'They're Coming To Take Me Away' + farmyard noises ala Sgt.Peppers.
My Life Spins Round Your Every Smile, Through the Rhythm,Octaves, Tremeloes, It's Alright - good tracks
California Lullaby - very nice
Ecstacy in Slow Motion - superb version

So all in all, 70 minutes of at best 'beautifu'l and at worst 'interesting' music.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Thats a good enough recommendation for me. I've put in an order.

cheers Breeze.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Yes, it has been out for about 5-6 years ago and is a very good compilation of Sonic's works. I haven't seen it in the stores for sometime and I am suprised that Amazon had it. Any SP3 or Sonic fan will like it a lot ...
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

clewsr wrote:Thats a good enough recommendation for me. I've put in an order.

cheers Breeze.
Good luck mate! Did it say through 'American paperbacks'? That's how I got mine so quickly.
Amazon are quoting 3 - 5 weeks but that's still better than trying to find it in UK or Europe.

"Your CD will find you in the end"

Nice pics of Sonic on cover and inlay, no song credits however (wonder if that's why it's not been re-released over here?)
slim
Known user

Post by slim »

IIRC it's a Sympathy For the Record Industry release and is made up from their "True love.." double 7", their version of the Indian Summer EP, and their version of the Spectrum freebie thingie, oh and the b-side to Angel. Not sure it ever got a proper release here the UK.

Very good round up of the odds and ends that were orginally put out in vinyl all on one CD.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

It's fantastic compilation.
and being so-so-so good maybe it should have had good (new or even old, but still fresh ? ) pictures or Sonic's notes.
nevertheless, it's a must!