beginnings of spacement 3

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

choons

beginnings of spacement 3

Post by choons »

Looking through people's favourite songs from spacemen 3 i found that very few had little knowledge of their very first recording which produced absolute classics such as walking with Jesus. Fans should look out for "For all the fucked up children this is Spacemen 3" album. Recorded in 1984, its raw, basic and bloody good.

I managed to find a copy lurking in the A-Z in Fopp so they are out there somewhere
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I find that recording more interesting than anything else. The versions are so radically different - raw as you rightly point out - and generally less good than the reworked and released products. OD Catastrophe (titled TV Catastrophe) is, however, more along the lines of what you'd expect as its pretty brutal.
Fixintodie

Post by Fixintodie »

I just happened to find "For all the fucked up children in the world" in the shop tonight. It's pretty cool... extremely primitive, kinda hard to believe what these songs became, but I'm sure glad they did.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

[quote="Fixintodie"]I just happened to find "For all the fucked up children in the world" in the shop tonight. It's pretty cool... extremely primitive quote]

"Fixin' to Die" is a perfect soundtrack for saturday morning.
and the rest follows....