Recurring ~ reissue???

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

TheWarmth
Known user

Recurring ~ reissue???

Post by TheWarmth »

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I'll ask anyway: Why has Recurring not been reissued? Are there any plans to reissue it? I never see that album and don't really want to pay some ridiculous ebay price for it. Anyone have an extra copy they'd be willing to sell. It's an album I'd really like to own, so I don't want just a burned copy.

Post by Guest »

i think i know the answer to this one

recurring is the only spacemen 3 album to which FIRE do not hold the re-issue rights.

the album sits with what was once dedicated records, although recurring was released intially on FIRE, final versions were printed on dedicated records, and since dedicated, (along with deconstruction, another former spiritualized label) no longer exist, I believe the tapes site with RCA / BMG as opposed to FIRE.

Will Carrthers said a while ago that there were plans to re-release it and that SONIC had looked into it, but this was over 18months ago so I guess there are still problems somewhere.
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

sorry

not wishing to appear anonymous, the last post was by me

andy
Guest3

recurring

Post by Guest3 »

sonic told me in an email about 5mins ago that ''recurring'' is being reissued in the next few months

i managed to find my cd copy really easily, HMV branches seemed to have quite a few in stock!
visitor

Re: recurring

Post by visitor »

Guest3 wrote:sonic told me in an email about 5mins ago that ''recurring'' is being reissued in the next few months

i managed to find my cd copy really easily, HMV branches seemed to have quite a few in stock!
will this be a space age recordings joint?