s roswell (again) & slipstream

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

JL
Known user

s roswell (again) & slipstream

Post by JL »

sorry to repeat myself, but wanted to bring this back up to the top in a second attempt to see if anyone has info. WAS the sterling roswell "psychedelic ubik" album ever released? i have seen promo cardsleeve copies floating around the internet, but no solid info on a commercial release. any news would be much appreciated.

also, is there a good source for current slipstream info out there, considering that the enraptured site is very out of date (IS there current slipstream info..?)? was much impressed by the new(est) LP, especially after the disastrous "be groovy" mess. did they play any dates supporting "transcendental"? are further releases on the way?
Ian

Post by Ian »

No idea on a genuine release of The Psychedelic Ubik, but as you say, promos are floating around, so it's bound to appear at some point.

There's an official Slipstream page here, although it hasn't been updated for a couple of months. The Northampton Labour Club gig mentioned on that site is the only Slipstream gig I can recall since Transcendental came out. But there was a fair amount of new material played there, so more releases could be on the way.

Love,

Ian

Post by Guest »

more recently mark refoy was in the pet shop boys backing band, so i guess slipstream shows have been hampered somewhat by the psb world tour dates.

there is an official slipstream page, (which i think is posted above), and mark also has a mailing list for slipstream events. they recently did a show at northampton labour club featuring mark refoy, jon mattock and ray dickaty (more recent spiritualized horn section). the gig was run by pat fish (aka tha jazz butcher, the guy who got the spacemen signed) and his web site is usuallya good indicator of any stuff appearing from northampton

mark also has a separate band : sunshine valley dance band which features vanessa from ultrasound. look up the web sites and relevant links for more info.

i though be groovy or leave was an ace album but then so is transcendental.

Post by Guest »

sorry that was me

andy black