The World is Dying and other rarities

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

sonicmilk
New user

The World is Dying and other rarities

Post by sonicmilk »

I found this on the SM3 myspace page. What a great song, but I haven't figured a way to get it yet. I'd love to get my hands on this number.

I have Forged Prescriptions which has a few choice rarities on it. Does anyone know of any other bootlegs or bsides out there that are great? I'm a huge SM3 fan and would like to be a completist. Thanks.
runcible
Site Admin

Re: The World is Dying and other rarities

Post by runcible »

Well you need the 'I Love You' remix from the withdrawn Big City remix 12". Should be freely available on the web. The b-sides of Revolution are really good, The World Is Dying comes off Hypnotized. There isn't much else that isn't available.

How The Blues Should've Turned Out is a great double CD outtakes (see elsewhere on the Spacemen thread here), as is Losing Touch With Your Mind - a full album of outtakes/alternate versions.
ash
Known user

Re: The World is Dying and other rarities

Post by ash »

sonicmilk wrote:I found this on the SM3 myspace page. What a great song, but I haven't figured a way to get it yet. I'd love to get my hands on this number.
I think I got this link from someone else here posting it on another thread - a great little utility (although be warned that the mp3s that you can download using this method are of a much lesser quality than the ones played through the flash player on the website):

http://myspacemp3.org/

It now seems to direct you to a site called file2hd.com to do the actual transferring, but that seems legit enough. All the instructions are on the initial page.

Good luck!
. . . heligoland . . .
29.11.07 mécanique ondulatoire, paris // 16.01.08 divan du monde, paris