Book

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

Starfish
Known user

Book

Post by Starfish »

Does anyone know anything about that book on the Spacemen that was due for release?
It was being plugged on Amazon but now I can't seem to find it there.
:?: :?: :?:
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

It's still happening as far as I know.

I exchange emails with its author, Erik, on a reasonably regular basis. Last I heard he was trying to get stuff on background bits and pieces such as contemporary bands at that time. Second last I heard was Jason denying being approached about the book despite Erik talking to him at US gigs and desperately trying to get some input, but that's fairly standard for Jason.
Ian

Post by Ian »

It still seems to be listed here. last heard from Erik a couple of weeks ago, and there didn't seem to be any problems then.

Love,

Ian
dannysponge

book

Post by dannysponge »

Its on amazon and you can preorder now I think. Called "Dreamweapon" I think and has a less-than-flattering picture of Jason on the front.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I can tell you that the cover pictured on Amazon does not meet with the author's approval. Don't bet on that being the final product.
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

What do people reckon would be a good cover?
The Perfect Prescription sessions would be appropriate - Sonic and Jason side by side, arguably at the height of their powers.
Any other ideas?
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Probably the black on white or sky blue "For all the fucked-up children..."

Would look good on the front of a book, and wouldn't have made a bad title for it either, as it goes...
Guest2

Post by Guest2 »

The book is now well over 300 pages.