Perfect Prescription out of print? wtf?

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

brianbrian
Known user

Perfect Prescription out of print? wtf?

Post by brianbrian »

so I'm totally loving this Comets on Fire CD I bought yesterday and I ring up my friendly local rock store (the only one left...) and ask them to get me some more of this fine music, and oh, by the way, I need to finally bite the bullet and get one of my favorite albums of all time on a Compact Disc, cuz that turntable in the truck idea just ain't gonna work out, it turns out.

"Sorry, that is out of print right now."

What? CDNow or somesuch website that came up at the top of a Google search confirms - "Backordered since December 07" Again, What? Well well well, come down hard.

(Another sad tale from the USA, btw)
phaseGlyn
Known user

Re: Perfect Prescription out of print? wtf?

Post by phaseGlyn »

Forged Prescription - direct from the source, I'm sure he'll sign it too -

http://www.sonic-boom.info/paraphenalia.php
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

brianbrian
Known user

Post by brianbrian »

I figured someone online would still have it. But I will be really depressed when my last local shop goes out of business...
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

If I'm not mistaken, TAANG!'s license to duplicate and distribute Spacemen 3 material ran out at the end of 2007. I think it might have been a ten-year license.

That puts the first two albums, Performance and The Singles in limbo in the US at the moment. I would say hold tight until another distributor picks them up, or the Space Age reissues are put together, which should happen in the next year or so. I'm not sure how well these albums are selling - Taang! seems to have been liquidating their Spacemen stock at cut-rate prices over the last year or so. Lots of PWFs are still available and are in a lot of urban shops - lots of The Singleses too, though I haven't seen a Perfect Prescription in a store in several years.
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

Hold on - Space Age Reissues?

Wow - that came right out of the blue. :D

Any chance we might finally get a PP with good sound quality?
twentysixdollars
Known user

Don't get too excited. Just a guess on my part. It's a possibility now that Taang!'s license has expired, but by no means a certainty. I've been wrong before.
Fuzzhead
Known user

Post by Fuzzhead »

twentysixdollars wrote: I've been wrong before.
No way.
twentysixdollars
Known user

Fuzzhead wrote:
twentysixdollars wrote: I've been wrong before.
No way.
Hard to believe, I know.
SLEDGEBAZ
New user

Post by SLEDGEBAZ »

If you wanted to buy Perfetct Perscription you shoulda been into the spacemen 3 15 years ago. 15 years?? Jees louis where does the time go?
:roll:
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

SLEDGEBAZ wrote:If you wanted to buy Perfetct Perscription you shoulda been into the spacemen 3 15 years ago. 15 years?? Jees louis where does the time go?
:roll:
15 years ago Perfect Prescription was 6 years old, Spacemen 3 had split up 3 years before, and many fans on this board were too young to have been aware of them.

My guess is that in 15 years time (and way beyond that too) people will still be searching Perfect Prescription out, and the majority of those won't have been born when it was originally released.
brianbrian
Known user

Post by brianbrian »

my USA LP has the purple cover (the one I've always liked best), purchased 20 years ago now

my local shop did come through with a copy of the TAANG version, they tried a different distributor, so it's all finally on my iPod. still probably at least two months to go before I can set up a new USB turntable to really get back to enjoying my music collection. travelling too much is hard for a vinyl fan.