Spaceman 3/spiritualized in Australia?

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

Riannon
New user

Spaceman 3/spiritualized in Australia?

Post by Riannon »

A friend of mine was telling me that there are plans of spaceman 3 or part of playing shows in Australia, i have tried to find information about it, but have failed so if anyone knows any info about this occurrence, i would love if you could share.

Thanks!

looking forward to finally catching some of this stuff live (if it's true)
runcible
Site Admin

Re: Spaceman 3/spiritualized in Australia?

Post by runcible »

Well hell will freeze over before Spacemen 3 play anywhere. But I'd say that if Jason is planning shows for Japan in August there's a chance he'll get to the Antipodes.
Riannon
New user

Post by Riannon »

it wasn't spaceman 3 but it was part of the members or something. I think there was talk of some of the spaceman 3 material to be performed as well as spiritualized. I need to figure out where he got this info from, he seemed pretty certain.
porkchop
Known user

Post by porkchop »

Sonic Boom will be in Australia next month with Dimmer. Check http://www.sonic-boom.info for dates.
porkchop
Known user

Post by porkchop »

Actually, his myspace page is a bit more up to date....www.myspace.com/sonicboom
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Sonic/Spectrum is/are playing the Northcote Social Club in Melbourne on April 11th: http://www.northcotesocialclub.com/pages/giglist.php

This is a pub venue, which has been the scene of some of the better gigs in Melbourne over the past few years. Damo Suzuki played there last night (Sunday 2nd March). I would guess that you might get 150-200 in if the venue were absolutely packed. The Pixies played there last year with more people outside in the street than in the venue. The beer there is also surprisingly good

I will be there and would not be too surprised if there was a recording of the gig on Dimeadozen pretty soon after.....

Anyone else here going??
Chris Barrus
Known user

Post by Chris Barrus »

If anyone makes it to these shows, be sure to get there early to catch Dimmer. I saw them late last year and they were terrific.
porkchop
Known user

Post by porkchop »

This is from Sonic's myspace page
HEY OZ FOLKS ,
JUST A LINE TO UPDATE U GUYS ON THE STATE OF PLAY WITH OUR SHOWS HERE IN AUSTRALIA.

BRISBANE -THURS 10TH - THIS SHOW IS LOOING SHAKEY . IF PEOPLE WANT TO SEE THE SHOW , A MOVEMENT ON THE TICKET SALES MIGHT BE CRUCIAL.

SYDNEY -FRI 11TH - LOOKING GOOD , AGAIN IT MIGHT BE WORTH GRABBING YR TICKETS SOONER THAN LATER IF U CARE ABOUT MISSING IT .

MELBOURNE -SAT 12TH - IS SELLING FAST & WE’RE LOOKING AT DOING A SECOND SHOW ON THE NEXT NIGHT WITH A DIFFERENT SET PLUS ME DOING A DJ SET TOO .WE’LL DO THIS DEPENDING ON HOW SOON THE 1ST SHOW SELLS OUT , SO IF U WANT TO BE SURE TO SEE THE SHOW PLEASE GET YR TICKETS SORTED .

APPARENTLY , THE INTENDED ADS IN MELBOURNE & BRISBANE NEVER SHOWED , SO WORD OF MOUTH TO YR BUDDIES & ON LOCAL MUSIC SITES IS MUCH APPRECIATED & MORE CRUCIAL THAN EVER .

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT....
PETE K
http://www.myspace.com/spectrumofficialpage
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=196146

Spectrum
20 March 2008
Wellington, New Zealand - San Francisco Bath House

AT853>MT@24/48>usb>wav>CEP>wav16/44.1>CDWave>flac

Spectrum played second at this co-headlining gig with Dimmer. The opener was Signer (not recorded).

01. Intro
02. Mary
03. Walking and Falling *1
04. The Hall of Mirrors *2
05. Let Me Down Gently
06. If I Should Die
07. Che *3

Cover versions:
*1 Laurie Anderson
*2 Kraftwerk
*3 Suicide

Size 301.21 MB (315,845,850 bytes)