New Spectrum Lp info

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

porkchop
Known user

New Spectrum Lp info

Post by porkchop »

There’s a new SPECTRUM vs JIM DICKINSON lp out in April on Birdman Records entitled ’Spectrum meets Cpt. Memphis - Indian Givers ’ . featuring collaborations in songwriting & recording with the meta-legendary Jim Dickinson , known for his astounding work with Ry Cooder (Paris Texas + others ) ,Dylan (1990’s) , the Stones (Wild Horses ), Aretha Franklin (1970’s ) , Big Star (Like Flies on Sherbet) , the Cramps (Red Headed Woman ) as well as his many incarnations from the Jesters (legendary SUN records artistes) thru to his current mesmerising Mudboy & the Neutrons ( known fellons in drag ) band & Cpt. Memphis solo persona .

Tracks include a re-recording of ’Amen’ , ’Take your Time ’ & ’When Tomorrow Hits’ , new Spectrum song ’Mary’ , collaborations ’the Lonesome death of ’Johnny Ace ’ (an astounding song about the late Johnny Ace , a 50’s R&B crooner who blew his brains out playing ’’gun games’’ backstage between 2 shows on Xmas day at the famous Mitchell Hotel & whorehouse in Memphis. stories don’t get much better than this ) , ’Confederate Dead’ and some new fantastic Jim Dickinson songs in ’till your mainline comes ’ & ’the old cow died’ . the sessions were recorded around 3 years ago at Jim’s studio in the Mississippi mud lands surrounding the river Mississippi , just south of the Tennessee border .

Featuring Randall Nieman of Spectrum & fuxa & Jimmy Crosthwait from Mudboy & the Neutrons and on Jim’s classic 1972 release ’Dixie Fried’ .

Please note this is not the SPECTRUM lp that has been in the works ready for release next year . the release of that l.p. will be preceded by a new SPECTRUM EP ’’Walking & Falling" SUMMER 2008 on Mind Expansion records .

Here are the songs on Spectrum Meets Captain Memphis’ Indian Giver:

"Mary"
"The Lonesome Death Of Johnny Ace"
"Take Your Time"
"Til Your Mainline Comes"
"When Tomorrow Hits"
"The Old Cow Died"
"Hey Man"
"Confederate Dead"
"Mary Reprise"

RELEASE DATE: 04/22/08
PREORDERS AVAILABLE NOW AT: WWW. BIRDMANRECORDS. COM
http://www.myspace.com/mindexpansionrecords
dselevan2
Known user

Re: New Spectrum Lp info

Post by dselevan2 »

Isn't Take Your Time a Spiritualized song? HA!
helterskelter
Known user

Post by helterskelter »

Take Your Time was written by Scott Riley, really great song from the heavenly blows etc lp from Spectrum. Scott was in Spectrum for a while.

I'm really enjoying this Spectrum release - as long as you can accept that there are old songs here and that its not the new spectrum lp then I think you'll like it. Listening to it alongside the new spz lp made me feel like i was listening to one of the latter spacemen lps in a way.
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

I've heard "The Lonesome Death Of Johnny Ace" and I'm really looking forward to hearing the rest of this record. If that track is anything to go by it's going to be a belter.
porkchop
Known user

Post by porkchop »

Its in stores now. Its really good.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Agreed. Really enjoying this.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Anyone know somewhere i can pick this up online?

Cheers
Fuzzhead
Known user

Post by Fuzzhead »

This is where I got mine:

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=778132

I'm really enjoying this album.
porkchop
Known user

Post by porkchop »

It was released on Birdman records. You can also get it here..
http://www.birdmanrecords.com/