Hold the front page boss, I've got a scoop...

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

will this do?
Known user

Hold the front page boss, I've got a scoop...

Post by will this do? »

nearly a whole year out of date...did anyone catch it?

Doctor Who News 19 December 2002
Blue Veils and Golden Sands

The life of Delia Derbyshire will be celebrated in a BBC Radio 4 play to be broadcast on 23rd December at 2.15pm.
One of the founder members of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop and the architect of the Doctor Who theme tune, Delia has been described as the "unsung heroine of British electronic music".

Delia gained a reputation for tackling the impossible, whilst working on a wide range of drama and documentary programmes. During her career she worked with such diverse people as Paul McCartney, Stockhausen, Pink Floyd and Anthony Newley.

Blue Veils and Golden Sands (the title of one of Delia's compositions) has been written by Martyn Wade with input and music from fellow Radiophonic Workshop composer Elizabeth Parker.

Sophie Thompson stars as Delia, with Peter Kember as himself, Stephen Critchlow as Anthony Newley, and Martin Hyder as Ron Grainer.

For those who miss it, the play can be listened to for seven days after transmission by logging on to the BBC Radio website.
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

No, unfortunately. I've had a prowl around the web looking for a copy online. Best lead I could find is this guy, who appears to have a copy in mp3 format in his itunes playlist. If anyone is really keen, they could try contacting him.

http://homepage.mac.com/jack_mottram/playlist/
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

Will this Do? You've returned? I kiss you! And yes, I know that's the second time I've said that.