A question for Sonic Boom...

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

gottafire
Known user

A question for Sonic Boom...

Post by gottafire »

I duno if this has ever been covered in the forum but with all the bootlegs flying around I was wondering what's Pete's view on it? Not copies of official albums but tapers at shows? How do you feel about the amount of live stuff that gets traded around?
I think it compliments the official stuff and keeps collectors happy between releases, but I asked Eddie Vedder this years ago when I saw Pearl Jam :shock: with my brother and he went off on one about it...
Plus when you're hearing it live you're hearing the songs in their best form I think. Especially the Spacemen and Spiritualized stuff which appeared and appear to change from show to show...

Oh and also, do you sign stuff? Like if I could send it to you or something? I'd like my Spacemen Vinyl signing if that would be convenient? :D
http://spiritualizedelectricmainline.blogspot.com/

The place for live Spiritualized®!!

Now with added Tufty power!!!
ononist
Known user

Re: A question for Sonic Boom...

Post by ononist »

Have to say i laughed when you asked "do you sign stuff". Not speaking for Sonic - who i don't know personally - but he is always very happy to sign stuff and have a natter in my experience and many others. What made me laugh is that a few years back someone advertised a SP3 record (Threebie 3 perhaps) saying something like 'ultra-rare as NOT signed by Sonic'.

Hope you get the reply you're looking for.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Your best bet is to go to his web site and email him directly. He's normally pretty good at replying.

Email is: sonic@sonic-boom.info
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

Pete would sign anything, he's really really really great like that. :D
gottafire
Known user

Post by gottafire »

ahhhh but these are already signed by J? Do you think he would?

runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Most certainly he would. He has no issue over stuff like that and remains a big admirer of Jason's talents no matter how bad the fall out between them was.
gottafire
Known user

Post by gottafire »

Great to hear. I know I read a story on here (Can't remember who posted it) saying that Jason was happy to do this as well although that doesn't happen to him very often. I'll have to hit Sonic up on the email addy then. Hope he answers my other question on here at some point though.

toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

He's generally good a responding to emails. I'm not sure if it still applies since he has been doing lots of gigs lately, but I'm sure he'll still get back to you in a timely manner.
sonic boom
Known user

Post by sonic boom »

sure , i'll sign stuff if people are polite . its usually a pleasant experience .
i'm a little busy , but if people come find me at a show etc.
i,m doing shows w a full spectrum band over the next weeks\months - supporting mbv on sat and tues in london & the 2 manc shows .
i love bootlegs . even the ones i did,nt do (allegedly)
bestest
pk
gottafire
Known user

Post by gottafire »

Well I'll be there on the 17th July so I'll bring me vinyl and take me chances :lol: It's great to know about the bootlegs, I never understood why some bands have such a problem with tapers.
I'm intrigued by the boots Sonic allegedly didn't do though...what are these? :lol:

spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

what do you mean ? just various bootleg shows that fan(s) have taped over the years from Spectrum to Sonic Boom and E.A.R. shows.
gottafire
Known user

Post by gottafire »

No, it seemed Sonic was hinting that he had made recordings too...or maybe I read it wrong? :lol:

sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

mh wrote:Pete would sign anything, he's really really really great like that. :D
He signed a Spectrum poster for my mate years back with the line "I Love Jason". :lol:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

gottafire wrote:...but I asked Eddie Vedder this years ago when I saw Pearl Jam :shock: with my brother and (s)he went off on one about it...
Wow, didn't have the "got to be perfect" chanteuse as a Pearl Jam fan...and anyway...what sort of people tape/taped Fairground Attraction gigs? :arrow: yip, monday's are that slow :arrow:
Shoulders back, smash it
Already There
Known user

Post by Already There »

gottafire wrote:Well I'll be there on the 17th July so I'll bring me vinyl and take me chances :lol: It's great to know about the bootlegs, I never understood why some bands have such a problem with tapers.
I'm intrigued by the boots Sonic allegedly didn't do though...what are these? :lol:
Pink Floyd even announced the date at the beginning of the shows, so people would remember which concert it was. :lol:
W: What are we supposed to do with that?
M: Eat it.
W: Eat it? Fucker’s alive.
M: Yeah, you’ve got to kill it.
W: Me? I’m the firelighter and fuel collector.

Gigs 2010: http://www.last.fm/user/Colin_in_Mexico/events/2010