s3 live/boot... probably been asked before

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

spacey

s3 live/boot... probably been asked before

Post by spacey »

just a question about s3 bootlegs...

demo's wise, what is out there? ive heard about ''recurring demos'' and things like that? are there any demos not on the ''forged prescriptions''/''space age reissues'' which are floating around on bootlegs worth getting?

also live stuff, ive only got ''performance'' and ''melkweg'' i think it is, is ''revolution or heroin'' available from anyone or are there any other s3 bootlegs doing the rounds? if so i'd love to get ahold of them

same goes for video footage - is there any?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Only boot type recordings I know of are in the trading faculty. Hunt down the recording from Rose Club, Koln, from January 1988 (same tour as Performance) - that has some brutal moments.

Videos don't exist as far as I know - or decent ones anyway. It remains a mystery why no one ever filmed them live.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

there was at least one live video from Germany.

try http://members.aol.com/losafa/DMTV.htm

54 min, 3/5/89.
i used to have it on VHS; sadly, it's no longer with me.

ddk
JL
Known user

Post by JL »

if you're in the united states, the "all fucked up" bootleg has for some reason been stocked in reputable chain stores in the northeast (newbury comics especially) since 2002. similarly, i found multiple copies of the spiritualized "radio sessions volume one" bootleg (there's even a barcode incorporated into the artwork!) in hmv (!!) stores several years ago...
JL
Known user

Post by JL »

and naturally, of course, the hmv employees insisted that "radio sessions" was an OFFICIAL release despite the lack of any printed label info or catalog number!
JL
Known user

Post by JL »

if you really want to get hold of "all fucked up," try http://www.newbury.com. if you aren't able to order it through there, find a store phone number on the site (i can tell you that the harvard square store has some in stock as of today) and see if they can help you out that way. the price has consistently been $19.99, and i'm willing to claim that it's worth the cost.
appledelphy
Known user

Post by appledelphy »

"all fucked up" and rose club is the same..

if you can you should trade it.. don´t give money to the bootleggers!
spacey

cool link

Post by spacey »

davedecay wrote:there was at least one live video from Germany.

try http://members.aol.com/losafa/DMTV.htm

54 min, 3/5/89.
i used to have it on VHS; sadly, it's no longer with me.

ddk
wow! cool site, thanks for that

anyone got any spacemen on VHS

if not, anyone know how i could go about transferring these real media ''ram'' files into mpeg or something to save for maybe putting to vcd?
Ian

Post by Ian »

The Jig wrote:The album called 'Spacemen3 Are GO!' is also worth having.

That's a great Live album and i don't mind doing about half a dozen copies if anyone wants it.
Although the same album, with one extra track, is still available to buy for a very good price from Spaceage.

Love,

Ian
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

The Jig wrote:The album called 'Spacemen3 Are GO!' is also worth having.

That's a great Live album and i don't mind doing about half a dozen copies if anyone wants it.
If it's possible, I'd love to have a copy! I've got a bunch of live Spiritualized stuff, if you're interested in a trade.
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

I've got that german video gig on vhs somewhere, it's quite, quite poor. as i recall, it's one angle the entire gig from basically next to jason - so you can't really see him, only pete. and it's very blurry and the sound isn't any better.

too bad really, but at least there is lotsa audio around.

one note on Spacemen 3 are go! - isn't that an official space age release? i thought it was the same as the bomp live in europe cd :?:

edit: sorry, ian beat me to it above.
Ian

Post by Ian »

C'mon guys! £9.50 including postage anywhere in the world! That's just under $17.50. Do the right thing and pop over to Spaceage.

Love,

Ian
spacey

boots

Post by spacey »

yeh its fair enough to remind folk to buy 'official' releases, especially if anything goes back to pete/jason's pocket, i was talking more bootlegs such as ''revolution or heroin'' etc which havent been issued properly, but are in trading circles etc.
appledelphy
Known user

Post by appledelphy »

I had to edit "revolution or heroin" and burn a copy without the spoken overdubs.. too embarrasing for me. :oops:
burdman72
Known user

germany video

Post by burdman72 »

i remember years ago some bloke who used to advertise his bootleg video list in the back of record collector and he claimed to have a spacemen 3 vid, pro shot, of a gig in germany, but it was all in black n white so never bothered, but he had a shed load of stuff, so maybe if you search out a back issue or two. a mate got a really early spz gig on video off him, think it was from a gig in liverpool........
MargueritaPassion
New user

Post by MargueritaPassion »

Amoeba Music in Los Angeles and San Francisco also sells All Fucked Up, i think for $13.99.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

The Jig wrote:Yes of course The Warmth, i can do you a copy of Spacemen3 Are GO!

And i've sent you a message.
Hey Jig,
I didn't get your message, but I just sent you one (are you using the private message system on this board?). If you sent me an email, it might have gone to my junk mail and been accidentally deleted.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Ian wrote:C'mon guys! £9.50 including postage anywhere in the world! That's just under $17.50. Do the right thing and pop over to Spaceage.

Love,

Ian
I just ordered a copy of the Recurring reissue from Sonic's website ~ $24 and Sonic said he was giving me a break on shipping fees. The exchange rate totally sucks for those of us in the U.S. right now.
JL
Known user

Post by JL »

the prices for the new recurring seem to vary pretty wildly in the US. i've seen them going for anything from $16.99 (in nyc) to $21.99 and up.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

The prices do seem to vary a lot. I got mine for about $16.00 from a record shop in Berkeley. I couldn't believe the shipping/handling charges that SpaceAge wants to charge! I'll also get "Refractions" thru this channel as well.