Forced Exposure 7" Versions...

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

ringworm
Known user

Forced Exposure 7" Versions...

Post by ringworm »

Are these versions of Transparent Radiation and Honey available on any of the other myriad releases or are they still entirely exclusive to this piece of vinyl?
I contacted Forced Exposure once on the off-chance they had any copies left... no chance! Well... you don't ask you don't get...
ringworm
Known user

Re: Forced Exposure 7" Versions...

Post by ringworm »

Is there no-one who knows? Runcible?
spacemanT
Known user

Post by spacemanT »

Hi
I don't know this first hand, but a friend I knew who had one said the "Transparent" is similar to the part 1 on the transparent radiation EP.
The version of Honey, I have no idea, sorry I could'nt help more.
T
SpacemanT
Music - Keep it Future Proof - Keep it Lossless
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Sorry - sort of missed this one.

The TR is definitely not from the original TR EP itself. I'm 99% sure these versions appeared on a subsequent release - Losing Touch With Your Mind, Forged Prescriptions, PWF reissue. I'd need to go and listen again to work out where they came out as I haven't played the FE 7" for a while. The main point is when that 7" appeared those versions were unreleased. It still sells for quite a bit (saw one for £79.99 'buy it now' on Ebay recently) and is a nice thing to have in your collection.
ringworm
Known user

Post by ringworm »

Thanks for the info people. I've lost count of how many versions of Transparent Radiation that I have, just picked up DJ Tones, so there's another to add to the list :D . I saw that auction on ebay, good images of the records in the listing, the tracks weren't listed on the label as 'demo' versions which is how they are referred to in the record collector article. Ant chance of an official decision on a re-listen runcible?
ringworm
Known user

Post by ringworm »

Just digging this thread out of it's grave to find out if you ever gave the 7" a spin to see if the versions of Radiation and Honey have been released elsewhere.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I meant to reply to this as I had a real rummage through old Spacemen stuff. I am pretty much convinced that these versions are unique to this 7". They do not appear on How The Blues Should've Turned Out, Losing Touch With Your Mind, Playing With Fire double CD, Forged Prescriptions, Taking Drugs, the Come Down Easy/ T. Rad 7"... That covers most of the extra material that's out there, unless I've missed something.
ringworm
Known user

Post by ringworm »

Thanks for that. Thought it might have been on one of the other records.
ringworm
Known user

Post by ringworm »

Was finally able to conform that they are unavailable on any other release.
Not my link but enjoy nonetheless.
http://quispquake.info/Sharity/SM3/default.htm
sparta72
Known user

Post by sparta72 »

Great that we can download this 7" and not pay £70+

These versions do sound different , but have not checked against all

the various versions I have. The 'Transparent Radiation' version definitely

appears to have some varied, mid section which is very spacey , has re-verb and delay, :?: :shock:

which I do not think have never heard before.

Many thanks for the link.

Kind Regards
porkchop
Known user

Post by porkchop »

The effects on TR are def on another vers...could just be from the same mixing session....
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Thanks for posting this, I'm really glad to add both of these tracks to my collection. Transparent Radiation is similar to other recordings we have (in particular the demo from Forged Prescriptions) but neat to have.

For me, Honey is the real treat here. Again, it isn't all that different from the album version or the demo on the PWF bonus disc, but there's a lightness of touch about it that I really like. It reminds me quite a bit of Spectrum tracks like Baby Don't You Worry and Indian Summer in its airy pop quality.
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

About the only SP3 vinyl I don't own other than the I Love You remix white label and the Munster 7"'s. Never imagined that the version of TR hadn't made it onto any other releases there are so many versions out there these days.

Nice one. Thank you.