Recurring singles question

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

Soundhead
New user

Recurring singles question

Post by Soundhead »

okay, just some questions:

1. What is the difference between the b-side on the Big City single "Drive" and the song "Drive/Feel So Sad" on the Recurring album (which is also labelled as the 7" Mix of Feel So Sad on Complete Works I)

2. Any difference, besides length, in the b-side version of Just to See You Smile and the orchestral mix that's on Recurring?

3. Who wrote The World is Dying?

Would've been nice had these been reprinted on a two-disc version of Recurring, or in place of some of the redundant "alternate versions" of some of the songs (I'm looking at you, Instrumental Mix of Just to See You Smile and "Alternate Version" of Feelin' Just Fine.) ...
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

1) Haven't heard the Big City version so I can't say.

2) None that I can detect anyway. (It's labeled as Honey part 2, by the way)

3) Sonic.

I've always placed the Hypnotized stuff with the Playing With Fire era myself, so maybe they would have been more appropriate on that CD than on any 2 CD recurring.
Soundhead
New user

Post by Soundhead »

yeah, I knew Just to See You Smile was Honey pt. 2. Sounds rather alike. Are the album and single versions of Hypnotized the same, by the way? I would figure a single that came out like 2 years before the album did would probably be somewhat overhauled by the time teh album came out...
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

My ears say they're identical. Jason being lazy again? Perish the thought... :lol: