Loop: The Last Laugh

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

twentysixdollars
Known user

Loop: The Last Laugh

Post by twentysixdollars »

I don't think I've written about Loop before. Here goes.

In the eighties it seemed that Loop and Spacemen 3 were engaged in a desperate game of tail-chasing. I'm not gonna say who was chasing who, because it seems that everybody but the NME knew, but I find it interesting how much kinder time has been to Spacemen 3. They are now regarded as the founders, or first exponent, of a certain revisionist psychedelic music for which no two people agree on the name, but they agree it's there. The picture at the time was much foggier: Sound of Confusion predated the first Loop LP, but the second Loop LP predated Perfect Prescription. (Didn't it?) They were contemporaries and quasi-amiable competitors if not necessarily friends. The NME thought Spacemen 3 were playing catch-up. History, it was argued, would enshrine both, but Loop above all, if it enshrined either.

But something funny happened. No one has ever heard of Loop anymore.

Controversial thesis: I think the critical renaissance the Spacemen 3 experienced in the nineties and continue to mine today has entirely to do with Jason Pierce's commercial success with Spiritualized. Because Loop vanished off the face of the earth (not really, they just pursued solo projects more Sonic Boom-like in sensibility) their reputation has suffered, and their LPs are mostly forgotten by those that weren't there. This has implications for Peter's solo work and for the Spacemen 3 in general:

Even more controversial thesis: Without LGM, or possible LAGWAFIS (!), Spacemen 3 would suffer the same (unfair, obviously) critical disdain they braved in 1987. In other words, their fate would be the same as Loop's, no matter how influential they proved, and without Spiritualized, I wonder how many indie-kids (torchbearers of the new 'hip') would have access to their LPs at all.

Most controversial thesis of all: the generally indulgent attitude, and reverent attitude, of indie critics towards Peter's work is due to the above phenomena. Assume no Spiritualized and suddenly Peter Kember is Main.

Nifty stuff! All told, who gets the last laugh as I've inquired above? I think it's Peter Kember, who has benefited the most from the various successes - and failures - of his contemporaries.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

A very simple argument in which to produce a conclusion.

Play Loop's finest moments (which were dazzling, I have to admit) alongside the Spacemen's. Loop were a great band but their music has dated, but Spacemen 3's has not. Which Spacemen fan did not shed a sigh of awe at the first hearing of Forged Prescription's version of Walkin' With Jesus?

Back up material: I was into Loop before Spacemen 3 I must confess, but I did witness both at their prime and it was the latter who quickly lodged themselves in my mind. Many of us smiled inside at the tirade of bad press the Spacemen received as we felt we knew different and time would show we were right (yeah - fucking pompous I know but its true). And when I started selling Spacemen 3 records and the section took off Spiritualized had barely begun - it was the Spiritualized records that failed to sell initially whereas the Spacemen ones wouldn't stand still.

As for comparing Main to Spectrum... have you ever heard Main? I was a huge Loop fan who greedily grabbed the first Main 12" from Rough Trade when it was released. Utter cack. I'm not into some of EAR's stuff but I find it a lot more interesting than any Main, and indeed 90% of Loop's Fade Out (and about 70% of A Guilded Eternity).

I think you are picking at scabs you yourself have inflicted on Pete, 26.
twentysixdollars
Known user

You're right, Main is cack, but then again, isn't that what I was arguing?

I don't think Loop's first two records have dated all that badly; they're simply objectively worse than the corresponding Spacemen LPs.

Not sure what you mean about scabs on Peter, but I confess to being less-than-charitable when in an argumentative mood. (Which is most of the time).
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

I quite liked Loop as well. Have several of their LPs and a few CDs. The limited to 1000 unofficial live CD is damn good. I also saw them play live at Maxwell's in Hoboken, NJ. They blew the club's electric breakers several times, so they had to use less lights.

I do listen more to Spacemen 3 these days than Loop. I go thru phases. Right now I'm searching for Loop's Wolf Flow CD if anyone's selling or wants to swap.

davedk
Will this do

it's me though, it really is...

Post by Will this do »

S'funny that immediately post Lager Guided Melodies, The Hair and Skin Trading Company seemed as good a prospect coming out of the great quartering as our own dear Spiritualized. I know I enjoyed them a great deal, both live and on record (Dave Omit's all nighter featuring the Hairs and Silverfish at the Junction, Cambridge was so excellent I rate it as one of the best nights out I ever had). And now they are REALLY forgotten (not having been mentioned even in this thread is proof enough. In fact, statistically, this suggests that they may never have existed except in my imagination...).

I agree that the Main faction seemed to have the same road map as Sonic, but remember that EAR (who trod the Main path) didn't start until a while after the schizm; Spectrum were for my money worthy carriers of the flame (...)

Post by Guest »

mmm an interesting thread but mainly total bollocks...

I saw Loop perform their first ever gig. Anyone know where that was ? The Reverberation Club-wednesday nights back room of the Blitz. Where ? why Rugby of course. Who ran the club ? ooh let's think...some guy called Peter Gunn as I think it was at the time and another desperado oh what was his name ? aah yes Jason Pearce. so the first song they do is a carbon fucking copy of Hey Man/Amen whatever but they look like art students, finely coiffeured barnets and all that shit...y'see these boys had seen S3 playing in London a few times and thought they'd like to be in a similar band...what was the guy's name ? was it Josh or something ?...I can't really remember...which seems like a good note to end on.
Will this do

me again

Post by Will this do »

Yeah, interesting...sorry, of course if you were there at their first ever gig, you'd know more about it than anyone else wouldn't you . Look, we are talking about our experiences as listeners, and opinions. SO. FUCK. OFF. until you can understand that. Whoever you are.

PS, I am pretty sure (and my records are at home right now) that Robert Hampson was the person. Who is this Josh character? And so fucking what if he saw S3 and decided to copy them. Christ knows most people on this board would be in trouble if they ever made THAT against the law.

PPS interesting article in Saturday's Guardian Jobs & Money section about pament for musicians. If you are interested. I'll post a link in the 'other' forum, if I can find one.
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

Loop were an outstanding live act. I guess as a fan of both, I never really bothered to decide who was 'best'. They were both music to take drugs to (in a different way to hawkwind and pink floyd, if only because they were my generation)
Heaven's End and The World In Your Eyes compilation were their peaks and, I agree, Fade Out disappointed and Guilded Eternity was a real let-down (save the Arc-Lite single). In contrast, while the Spacemen also peaked early with Perfect Prescription, they kept up the quality for the next two albums.
At their best, Loop were an intense barrage of heavy psychedelia (as a teenager, they accompanied my every 'trip') but the fact is that I hardly ever play them anymore.
I still think they'd sound good in a dark gothy club though.

(Robert Hampton was known as Josh for a while. Main and EAR are good comparisons as both seem to be pursuing 'music as still life' projects.
Hair and Skin Trading Co are probably best compared to Lupine Howl)
Will this do

Post by Will this do »

But isn't it funny how far the symettries can be drawn?

The 'fight' as it appeared to me, a mere NME reader 50miles away, several years after the famous gig upstairs in the Dog and Flange Pedal, was pretty unfathomable, but seemed based on the fact that Loop had made a bigger splash at the time, having stolen S3's noise. The feud hit payoff, when S3 finally made a hit with PWF.

As I say, as a neutral consumer, living in another part of the provinces, S3 didn't exist until Playing with Fire. I guess that was as much to do with distribution power of Fire records - hence the fact that my copies of the 1st 2 lps are Fire reissues post dating PWF.

All I know is that 'local fans' of their local bands are a funny lot. Very possessive - ask Pete Best, or Johnny Lindsell.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Re: me again

Post by BzaInSpace »

Will this do wrote:SO. FUCK. OFF. until you can understand that. Whoever you are.
Yes indeed...WHO are all these mysterious 'guests' who seem very well connected with the former East Midlands Drug Rock Scene...

GO ON give us some gossipy shite...that's what normally happens isn't it?

What kind of cigarettes does Peter Gunn smoke?

And what of J Pearce?

Wasn't he in the GUNN CLUB????
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Oh aye, I have 'A Gilded Eternity' but I don't play it much.

I never saw them live, and know little about them.

Bit too goth...with a small 'g'. Awful 80s drum reverb....

I first heard 'Arc-Lite' in a DJ session by The Flaming Lips (before the shit hit the fans) and I was lightly thrilled...

But I would argue they are only as 'psychedelic' as the Shamen ...

The true Gods Of Late 80's Psychedelic Rock (For it is them) ...

and formed in Aberdeen I believe!

('Recurring' was contemporary and probably influeneced by 'En-Tact' and J's entire lyrical style was pinched from 'Ebeneezer Goode'...THE TRUTH.)

:lol:
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

BzaInSpace wrote: J's entire lyrical style was pinched from 'Ebeneezer Goode'...THE TRUTH.)
you know, I think you have a point there Bazza.
JL
Known user

Post by JL »

i think that loop has held up pretty well all things considered. they were pursuing a somewhat more extreme version of things (though feel free to argue that) and didn't vary their approach too much over the years, opening them up to some valid criticism.

but i would say that the biggest problem for loop and their legacy is the fact that their albums have remained basically out of print for the last decade-plus, whereas s3 discs have been reissued over and over and over again a zillion times. alongside the critical praise s3 receives, availability certainly doesnt hurt... much like a label making sure there are plenty of discs in the shop when a band comes through town.
SpacemanRob
Known user

Post by SpacemanRob »

Sometimes we can all revel in cheap shots but Loop were still preferable to most of the shite around at the time. This board primarily exists because of the genius of SP3 and it is inescapable how much true rock n roll enjoyment they have brought to me.
All that said and done Loop offered occasional incendiary records and as a live band could excite albeit with less musical charisma than SP3. I still listen to them fairly regularly.
For me one of the biggest differences was that SP3 often excelled in their quieter moments on record where Loop failed at anything outside of the full sonic attack.
Equally it seems entirely contadictory that whilst some people on this board knock Pete, EAR etc for being too experimental and avant garde we all know deep down that LICD and AG have suffered from Jason's ability to move on and match the sheer brilliance of earlier SPZ recordings. Whilst many of EAR's albums are not immediately accessable they are worth pursuing and after inifinite listens they can still conjure up new excitement and different dreams.
Rock on....
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

[quote = "starfish"]
'Robert Hampton was known as Josh for a while [/quote]

Will this do wrote:
PS, I am pretty sure (and my records are at home right now) that Robert Hampson was the person. Who is this Josh character?
Actually he was just Josh until he thought Robert was a cool name. I met the guy several times and even did an interview with him. He did NOT like being called Josh, despite the fact that it was his name. Quite an arse he was.

[quote = "Will this do"]
As I say, as a neutral consumer, living in another part of the provinces, S3 didn't exist until Playing with Fire. I guess that was as much to do with distribution power of Fire records - hence the fact that my copies of the 1st 2 lps are Fire reissues post dating PWF. [/quote]

Hmmm. They didn't exist in a positive light in the NME until Playing With Fire. For a decent number they had been highly significant for a while. That would include the people at a remote gig in Europe long before PWF was released where half the audience wore Spacemen shirts despite the fact that none had actually been printed at that stage. It was just that the NME took against them in a big way and squashed any positive exposure.
twentysixdollars
Known user

Moderator-talk: IPs suggest that "Guest" in this thread is Dr Strangelove. All abuse should thus be redirected to that character.

To the hunt! All this is interesting reading for me even though I have next to nothing to add.
twentysixdollars
Known user

SpacemanRob wrote:we all know deep down that LICD and AG have suffered from Jason's ability to move on and match the sheer brilliance of earlier SPZ recordings.
Paraphrase: "We all know that LICD and AG both match the sheer brilliance of earlier SPZ recordings, but because of Jason's ability to try new things they suffer."

One of your more enjoyable elocutionary knots, Bobbie.
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

runcible wrote: It was just that the NME took against them in a big way and squashed any positive exposure.
I seem to remember Melody Maker (when it used to be daring and well-written) being positive about the Spacemen (and the whole 'movement' incl. MBV, Loop, Young Gods, er, Ride).
Sounds Magazine was too, but sometimes Pete's insistence at going on about how many drugs he took did seem to bore the journalists. I remember one interview - I think it was in Sounds - when PK said something like "If you knew how many drugs I'd taken today, you'd be amazed I'm not lying in the gutter." - and the journalist wrote : "I try to look impressed... I'm not though."

But writers like Chris Roberts and Simon Reynolds on MM adored the Spacemen.

God, the MM used to be such a good read, it's such a shame the way it went (Smash Hits style) before its demise
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

That drug stuff, although true, has another side.

Pete was happy to talk about drugs so that's mainly what journos wanted to talk about. He said a lot of other interesting stuff but they printed what would come across as controversial, and in the late 80s it was most unusual for a musician to go on about smack so they always asked drug questions, to the point where one included an account of Pete popping into a chemist on the way back from the station for his prescription.

Check Ian's interesting http://www.spacemen3.co.uk and read the Conflict interview with Pete. The writer isn't very keen and seems to be somewhat ignorant at the same time (although I believe he isn't) but the words are worth a look. It covers drugs but a lot more. Bizarrely I bought this fanzine in a tiny record shop in a beach town called Turangi Beach in New Zealand. It had a cafe attached and played great music. Also interesting I picked up the purple sleeved Genius Perfect Prescription in there - didn't see another for about 4 years. Cracking little shop - wonder if its still there?
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

well, I've applied for a job in NZ, so if I get it and decide to emigrate, I'll have a look for you. If it is, I'll say hello from you.
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

getting back to Loop, meanwhile, the current webcast from the Drug Music site (http://members.aol.com/losafa/WebCast.htm) kicks off with Breathe Into Me, from Gilded Eternity.
Forgotten all about that track - great repetitive riff and wah wahs. Must dig out that album again...
SpacemanRob
Known user

Post by SpacemanRob »

Hey Starfish i think i agree and remember looking forward each week to Chris Roberts(even bought his Catwalk record - which was shite by the way), Simon Reyonolds(whose books i still re-visit) and Steven Wells who often made me laugh/insanely angry in a way not disimilar to $26.
However this nostalgia recently took on a much more sinister turn after reading Stuart Maconies book 'Cider with Roadies'(should have burnt the book for title alone!). The whole book is badly written, shallow, lacking of any insight and ultimately ends with Stuart dismissing music with any intent, any notion of drug experimentation and leaving for a life of dosmetic bliss reminiscent of 50's advisory films. Very few books have made me immediately destroy them and from this it further enforced the danger of nostalgia.
Nostalgia seems omnipresent currently and a greater danger to any future invention and rock n roll than any piss poor bands.
Rock on....
ursa
Known user

Post by ursa »

i too think loop kicks ass...but thats where it ends for me.
i dont get the substance that the spacemen had.
i hear the spacemen and feel warmth and charm...i feel the chemistry.i hear timeless songs
loop is awsome too but its just heavy dose of ass kicking after heavy dose.
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

i found it stunningly hard to track down any loop records whatsoever

(upstairs at the entertainment exchangem queen st, nuneaton, warwickshire seems to be the best place).
Will this do

Post by Will this do »

SpacemanRob wrote: dosmetic bliss

God, what a cunt. I'd have shit in a box, and posted it to the fucker. I mean, how fucking dare he. Give yourself a clap for destroying the book.

Also, Robert Hampson...twat or not, he had the sense to realise that being called Josh was a no-no.

Post by Guest »

[quote="Will this do"]Yeah, interesting...sorry, of course if you were there at their first ever gig, you'd know more about it than anyone else wouldn't you . Look, we are talking about our experiences as listeners, and opinions. SO. FUCK. OFF. until you can understand that. Whoever you are.

PS, I am pretty sure (and my records are at home right now) that Robert Hampson was the person. Who is this Josh character? And so fucking what if he saw S3 and decided to copy them. Christ knows most people on this board would be in trouble if they ever made THAT against the law.

PPS interesting article in Saturday's Guardian Jobs & Money section about pament for musicians. If you are interested. I'll post a link in the 'other' forum, if I can find one.[/quot

Well this won't do...i'm not a musician...Don't want the company...go and fuck yourself
dr strangelove

Post by dr strangelove »

AND...if you don't lighten up I might come and take some really fucking poor quality photos of you too...c'mon kidz you started the ball rolling on this 'debate'...I thought anyone could join in, after all I don't believe you want to be practising any elitist principles around HERE do you ? Don't get me wrong Loop were OK they just shouldn't be given credit where it's not really due...it offends my sensibilities to read stuff that's plainly untrue...so I give you the answer and you jump down my throat...maybe I should just let you make up your own stories 'cos to be honest they'd probably be a damn site more entertaining than the truth wouldn't they ?

Can you understand that this is MY opinion as a LISTENER or is your head too far up your own ass to hear anything happening in the place which the rest of us call reality ?

AND another thing just because the Freelovebabies site amuses me more than here why do you presume I'm a Pearce-hater ? A little narrow minded of you or do you believe in guilt by association ? I don't want or NEED anything from Jason and I've never expected it. That krazykid's ok by me. Money has fuck all to do with anything if that's the insinuation your trying to make.

Teenage rant over....you people bring out the worst in me.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Yeah, I have to say that, coming from a moderator who (quite reasonably) wants to protect his identity, "outing" the Strange Doctor for a post that wasn't inflammatory and wasn't a troll seems a bit rich.

I’m all for your old-time stories, Strangey – bring them on!

Love,

Ian
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

afternoon sulky....

black
will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

“Guest”

mmm an interesting thread but mainly total bollocks...

I saw Loop perform their first ever gig. Anyone know where that was ? The Reverberation Club-wednesday nights back room of the Blitz. Where ? why Rugby of course. Who ran the club ? ooh let's think...some guy called Peter Gunn as I think it was at the time and another desperado oh what was his name ? aah yes Jason Pearce. so the first song they do is a carbon fucking copy of Hey Man/Amen whatever but they look like art students, finely coiffeured barnets and all that shit...y'see these boys had seen S3 playing in London a few times and thought they'd like to be in a similar band...what was the guy's name ? was it Josh or something ?...I can't really remember...which seems like a good note to end on.
Yeah, just checking, and your preachy sneering tone still gets my back up, you know…like really pisses me off? You know, and the chippy-small-town-boy-never-went-to-college thing against art students? from London, with haircuts? and trousers…confusing influence with plagiarism?…and every other clause a question...

…not to mention confusing one man’s opinion (that’s you) of a gig he was at 20 years ago, with the definitive truth of exactly what happened in several different places, over the course of quite a few months. For one thing, are you Joshua Hampton? No. So how do you know why he started his band up with a copy of a Spacemen 3 song (and one of the few Spacemen 3 songs not copied from Iggy/Roky/Glenn/Sky/Fred, if we needed reminding – but ahhh, that’s different of course).

Were Loop JUST Spacemen 3 copyists? Did every album contain thinly veiled cover versions of Walking with Jesus? Or did they move quite rapidly into another realm entirely? You know the answer (someone’s mentioned it already), they became a goth (small G, correct) band.

Runcible:

Hmmm. They didn't exist in a positive light in the NME until Playing With Fire. For a decent number they had been highly significant for a while. That would include the people at a remote gig in Europe long before PWF was released where half the audience wore Spacemen shirts despite the fact that none had actually been printed at that stage. It was just that the NME took against them in a big way and squashed any positive exposure.
Obviously I know they EXISTED (and you know I know, too)…and now it gets REALLY odd:

Strangelove (for it is he):

AND...if you don't lighten up I might come and take some really fucking poor quality photos of you too...
Perhaps someone could explain what this means. I am not scared though.

Strangelove : Don't get me wrong Loop were OK they just shouldn't be given credit where it's not really due...it offends my sensibilities to read stuff that's plainly untrue... ...

(see above)

I don’t think anyone HAD said anything untrue. Partial, perhaps. Based on our opinions of the music, formed from listening to it, and reading the press over the years. We knew (I think) that ‘Josh’ had heard Spacemen 3 before starting Loop. But like I say, if they ever make that a crime, then I think we’re all for it.
Can you understand that this is MY opinion as a LISTENER or is your head too far up your own ass to hear anything happening in the place which the rest of us call reality ? ...
Changed your tune; now you’re agreeing with me that your opinion is subjective, and therefore not anymore fundamentally truthful than anything anyone else has said. In fact, I suggest it is LESS truthful, because of the misleading carapace of TRUTH your typing wears.
AND another thing just because the Freelovebabies site amuses me more than here why do you presume I'm a Pearce-hater ?

I had no idea who you were…I was right though, wasn’t I? There is no presumption on my part that you have any feelings whatever about Pearce.

Teenage rant over....you people bring out the worst in me. ...
Promise?

Ian: Yeah, I have to say that, coming from a moderator who (quite reasonably) wants to protect his identity, "outing" the Strange Doctor for a post that wasn't inflammatory and wasn't a troll seems a bit rich.

I’m all for your old-time stories, Strangey – bring them on! ...
Not exactly ‘outed’, was it? Just a login. In any case, for some reason this strand (and the ‘gigs’ one), seem to have different protocols to the other ones – meaning it is easy to ‘accidentally’ remain anonymous rather than deliberately.

No, it wasn’t inflammatory as such, no. But it made ME want to reply in harsh terms. So I did. What’s a troll?

Yes, keep stories coming, but (and believe me, I don’t mean to patronise here, god knows) try not to make them so …judgmental.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

How do you do all those multiple quotes? When I try the thing looks a mess.

(by the way ursa I use a shower rather than a bath tub)
dr. strangelove
Known user

Post by dr. strangelove »

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :?:
Terry Quimby QC

Post by Terry Quimby QC »

will this do? wrote:[
Yes, keep stories coming, but (and believe me, I don’t mean to patronise here, god knows) try not to make them so …judgmental.
Dear Will shit do ?

I have recently taken issues with my client ( Dr. Stronglove ) and indeed, reprimanded him quite indecently as to the nature of his recent pubic outbursts. Indeed I can not stress enough the TRUTH that in the end there will only ever be room for one JUDGE and any still-born ambitions he may have to adopt this role will surely end in accrimony and the likelihood of me robbing him of everything that once was all his.(TM).
In the interests of not upsetting any of mummy's little soldiers I have, indeed, advised my client to 'stay the fuck away from anal little fuckwits', some proffessional advice I hope he will adhere to.
I hope his unsolicited interjections have in no way spoiled your enjoyment of the fantastic intellectual debates which prevail with such gay abandon on these rather splendid pages.

Yours on a 25% retainer,

Rt. Hon. Terry Quimby QC

For Queen & Country !!

trivia note<><>...$26 do you want to get a room ?
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

so what do you reckon to Loop then, Terry?
will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

Terry Quimby QC wrote:
... pubic outbursts ... accrimony ... proffessional

Wait a minute...you aren't a REAL Privy Counsellor, are you? You know, I bet you aren't even a real Barrister.

Tsk, tsk.
alexloopy

Loop

Post by alexloopy »

Dear Will this do

I am the jaded person who went to the RFH gig. I still think Spiritualized have dropped slightly over the last few years and as mentioned on this topic and SP3 one the good old days were great. Loop did play on same gigs with SP3 at the beginning so I beleive although I did not go. I did howver get to see Loop a bit (brother was doing pictures for them he also did Spectrum's album cover on Peter's first album- although the picture was taken fromSP3 at a venue underneath the A40 in nottinghill the day before Reading festivel in 89).

Anyway Loop were all about live performances, the records never quite showed them in their best light. The new years eve performance I think 1988 was quite a pinnacle some person nicked roberts Wah wah at the end.

Loop went into a Rock two chord 8 minute performance on every song which was just great to sit on the stage and enjoy. I use to go to the gigs get down the front and climb on stage with other people and sit there and just enjoy the music. Loads of peopel did it, This was also hte norm at SP3 gigs as well.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

quote="Terry Quimby QC"]
Indeed I can not stress enough the TRUTH that in the end there will only ever be room for one JUDGE and any still-born ambitions he may have to adopt this role will surely end in accrimony and the likelihood of me robbing him of everything that once was all his.(TM).
In the interests of not upsetting any of mummy's little soldiers I have, indeed, advised my client to 'stay the fuck away from anal little fuckwits', some proffessional advice I hope he will adhere to.
I hope his unsolicited interjections have in no way spoiled your enjoyment of the fantastic intellectual debates which prevail with such gay abandon...[/
quote]

TERENCE! Something bothering you old chap?

Not the 'old monkey on the back' surely?

Why exactly are your services required Terence?

On the INTERNET?

All that bitterness will eat you from the inside...and that just ain't proffessional.

Especially as getting wound up over random text - SIXTY EIGHT percent of which is absolute bullshit.

Haven't you got better things to worry about?

Regards,

Mummys Little Soldier/Anal Little Fuckwit

TRIVIA NOTE **** If you are gonna speak the TRUTH why would you HIDE who you are? You were there? Cool. Cause not many others here were... except in our little dreams :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Glad I know something on LOOOOOP after all thanks Will :twisted:
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

in the latter days, Loop used to have a helicopter type rotating light that just went on and on and on to accompany Sunburst, the opening track for a gig which went on for about 20 mins. It was all totally mesmerising, hypnotic, scary ... and I saw one bloke collapse from a standing position when it stopped.
ursa
Known user

Post by ursa »

thats awsome when people collapse from sound
runcie....i guess i have to change my location then
i live on the bottom of the soul
Will this do

bloody logins...

Post by Will this do »

...anal little fuckwits...
Such as people (for example) who retain petty grudges for up to 18 years? Grudges based on assumptions formed from incomplete versions of the facts? Grudges held, unsolicited, on somebody else’s behalf (I don’t know, of course – if the ‘rightful bearers’ of the grudge are holding onto it now, or if they ever did. You probably do though).

But then I guess your area of proffessional (sic) expertise is law, not psychology.

(Of course I realise I'm merely rising to the bait, thus making a fool of myself...but what the hell).
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

while i'm here. i quite like loop + main :D

my site. 8)
http://www.roberthampson.com
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
dr. strangelove
Known user

[quote="BzaInSpace"]
Especially as getting wound up over random text - SIXTY EIGHT percent of which is absolute bullshit.

surely you mean NINETY NINE percent
dr. strangelove
Known user

surely you mean NINETY NINE percent[/quote]

no no...surely you mean ONE percent
Rt Hon Terrance Quimby QC

Post by Rt Hon Terrance Quimby QC »

[quote="BzaInSpace"]
Why exactly are your services required Terence?

On the INTERNET?

All that bitterness will eat you from the inside...and that just ain't proffessional.

Dear Bastard In Space,

You are quite correct in all of your assumtions. Keeping in line with my 'colleagues in the legal proffession' my services are ALWAYS unsolicited and indeed, do nothing to aid any clearer or indeed, better understanding of any given situation. Indeed, it is a point of fact that my sole purpose herein is to in fact, line my own pockets at the expense of the foolhardy. Indeed, there are no ethics to my 'proffesionalism'. Maybe you would like to forward me your CV. I prefer my bitterness to be tasted from the outside indeed, you may lick my cock.

Yours with a pint of best bitter,

Terry Quimby QC

For Queen & Country !!

trivia note<> the only word omitted from the Concise Oxford English Dictionary : GULLABLE
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

Rt Hon Terrance Quimby QC wrote: trivia note<> the only word omitted from the Concise Oxford English Dictionary : GULLABLE
this is not true. Neither are gullibal, gulabell, gullabil or gulable.
[i]BastardInSpace[/i]

Post by [i]BastardInSpace[/i] »

TERENCE!

You foul mouthed, and rather confused rogue!

Back on THE PILLS?
Rt Hon Terrance Quimby QC wrote:
Indeed, it is a point of fact that my sole purpose herein is to in fact, line my own pockets at the expense of the foolhardy.
Or maybe you are now managing ROCK STARS.
Rt Hon Terrance Quimby QC wrote:
Indeed, there are no ethics to my 'proffesionalism'. Maybe you would like to forward me your CV. I prefer my bitterness to be tasted from the outside indeed, you may lick my cock.

Yours with a pint of best bitter,

Terry Quimby QC

For Queen & Country !!

trivia note<> the only word omitted from the Concise Oxford English Dictionary : GULLABLE
Your professionnalizm is in fact highly questionable, I mean a whole week or so to reply to the last 'post', fuck sake what else is there - reality?

This is all bullshit, I personally like the music selections.

Whats the deal? I don't know whether i'm speaking to terry or someone else, and to tell the truth what about.

This is just chat for laughs, its as serious as you like.

If it aint fun fuck something else.

Trivia note ~~(*)~~ if you cut off the head the body will die

Quimby

Post by Quimby »

Dear Baroquespacebeat,

Yes. Indeed. Quite so. Why not gas up the kraut-wagen and we'll hit the town.

Yours with a Friday full pocket,

Tezza Quimbeat QC

For Quinitin & Cuntrysidealliances !!

trivia note<> today I am the chairman of the bored

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know where Mr Hampson stands on the fox hunting debate? That would be use than you guys trying to out pomp each other.
will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

Anonymous wrote:Does anyone know where Mr Hampson stands on the fox hunting debate? That would be use than you guys trying to out pomp each other.
Something that is no use at all would be more use than...oh.

*nail/head*
BaronIsScaramanga

SPIRITUALIZED TRIBUTE BANDS ARE FUCKING GASH

Post by BaronIsScaramanga »

I'd like to do that but i CAN't find the keys for the ignition.

TERENCE - don't let the bastards grind you down.

SPACE IS THE PLACE

Trivia Note )--[HHH]}---- ....hhen they got in the joint none of the bigwigs were there, almost like they knew there would be disturbances
apesgrapes
Known user

Post by apesgrapes »

two shit little loop anecdotes

before a loop gig at newcastle riverside way back, the dj puts on revolution. one of loops flunkies, usual black garb & long hair, comes racing from back stage to the dj and revolution is cut short.

got some live tape of loop, & midway through the set hampson says over the mic "who holds the key? we do". spoilt later during the gig when the projector fucks and hampson says over the mic "check the plug".
ursa
Known user

Post by ursa »

does anyone have a spare copy of fade out they dont need?
i have had the same tape since it came out.
it has little life in it left...
i would like a copy on cd but the record store i go to cant find a copy for under 40 dollars
i live on the bottom of the soul
BlueWraith
New user

Post by BlueWraith »

Loop never had any songs anywhere near as amazing as Spacemen 3
I even heard Loop way before I heard of S3, circa 1990
I was a latecomer to Spiritualized, I got into them around the time of Pure Phase, and then hooked on to Spectrum
I like Loop, but they cannot come near Spacemen
One of the reasons I'm sure they never lasted at all as a band
blancheflower
Known user

Post by blancheflower »

davedecay wrote:I quite liked Loop as well. Have several of their LPs and a few CDs. The limited to 1000 unofficial live CD is damn good. I also saw them play live at Maxwell's in Hoboken, NJ. They blew the club's electric breakers several times, so they had to use less lights.

I do listen more to Spacemen 3 these days than Loop. I go thru phases. Right now I'm searching for Loop's Wolf Flow CD if anyone's selling or wants to swap.

davedk
Mr DK - I can send you a copy of the wolfflow cd. I'd love a copy of that live cd if you could return the favour?

Send your details to afghanidan@blueyonder.co.uk
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

blancheflower wrote:
davedecay wrote:I quite liked Loop as well. Have several of their LPs and a few CDs. The limited to 1000 unofficial live CD is damn good. I also saw them play live at Maxwell's in Hoboken, NJ. They blew the club's electric breakers several times, so they had to use less lights.

davedk
Mr DK - I can send you a copy of the wolfflow cd. I'd love a copy of that live cd if you could return the favour?

Send your details to afghanidan@blueyonder.co.uk
sounds good, look for an email.
cheers!