Taang! Vinyl Pressings

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

toomilk
Known user

Taang! Vinyl Pressings

Post by toomilk »

I swung by the taang shop the other day and noticed their 2x10" pressing of playing with fire was sitting out at a completely reasonable price ($12.99). I figured they cracked open an old case of them in storage. However, there was a sticker on the vinyl that said something along the lines of there being a new pressing of taang's spacemen 3 catalog on double 10" vinyl, TRIPLE 10" vinyl, cassette, and CD. The guy there told me that they will be putting out 'limited edition' double 10"s for Sound of Confusion, Perfect Prescription, and Playing with Fire. In the works is a triple 10" edition of The Singles. I say in the works because the guy was working on the artwork for it on a computer when he told me. No word on there being a higher quality of sound (which there most likely will not be).

You can order Sound of Confusion, Perfect Prescription, and Playing with Fire on their website, but I don't know if the first two have been pressed yet. http://www.taang.com/
flamingrev
Known user

Re: Taang! Vinyl Pressings

Post by flamingrev »

LOL
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

DUDE. The same exact thing happened to me like 15 years ago when they re-issued the Perfect Prescription on CD. The thing came out like 2 days after I saw the guy working on the computer on the art work so I guess they work really fast there.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Ah, you should have told them to use better quality photos for PP! That thing is all pixelated.
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

He was excited about having a picture of Jason with his eyes open I guess. Bad re-issue...
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Well, I'll stopping by their shop tomorrow to see if they got them in. Someone said they would have them by christmas.

Hopefully I will return with good news....
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Well...it has been several months...and if you were sitting here anxiously awaiting Taang! news (weren't we all?), you are out of luck.

Stopped by a few days ago. No sign of the "re-issues". Oh, but they did have a Genius pressing of Perfect Prescription for a cool $75. Go Taang!!!