Spectrum - Sympathy For The Record Industry 10"

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

johnnyboy
Known user

Spectrum - Sympathy For The Record Industry 10"

Post by johnnyboy »

Howdee, I picked up this 10" in my local 2nd hand record emporium. It's the one with the green cover with a pic of Sonic on it, label SFTRI 278. Tracklist California Lullabye, It's Alright, Indian Summer, True Love......, Thru The Rhythm.

Just wondering if anyone knew it's worth. The guy sold it to me for £3.50. Same guy who sold me a Playing With Fire vinyl with embossed sleeve for a fiver last year. Not too sure he knows the true value of S3 related product.

Cheers.
runcible
Site Admin

Re: Spectrum - Sympathy For The Record Industry 10"

Post by runcible »

It's not very valuable - was widely available for a while and they come up quite regularly. There are, however, 4 copies on clear vinyl - 2 of these are white labels and 2 are standard labels. There is also a single copy pressed on clear and black swirly vinyl. All of those are extremely valuable as you might imagine.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

runcible wrote:It's not very valuable - was widely available for a while and they come up quite regularly. There are, however, 4 copies on clear vinyl - 2 of these are white labels and 2 are standard labels. There is also a single copy pressed on clear and black swirly vinyl. All of those are extremely valuable as you might imagine.
Not forgetting the single copy pressed on red vinyl, Runcible how forgetful of you :!:
'Remember, change is not good'
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

BVCP206 wrote:Not forgetting the single copy pressed on red vinyl, Runcible how forgetful of you :!:
That's right. Really kind of you to give me that as a freebie because you weren't sure what it was! :D
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

runcible wrote:
BVCP206 wrote:Not forgetting the single copy pressed on red vinyl, Runcible how forgetful of you :!:
That's right. Really kind of you to give me that as a freebie because you weren't sure what it was! :D
You had me worried for a second so had to check and there it is nestled between the standard and clear vinyl issues :D
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I think you'll find that all of those 10"s are in fact by Phil Collins - your section of his stuff is so large I know you occasionally mislay bits!
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

runcible wrote:I think you'll find that all of those 10"s are in fact by Phil Collins - your section of his stuff is so large I know you occasionally mislay bits!
Have to say I'm a little upset by these comments but I guess it's what I've come to expect from a Manics obsessive :lol: