Spectrum News

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

JPB
Known user

Spectrum News

Post by JPB »

Sonic Boom's band Spectrum for European tour Pete Kember and co set for March/April gig run – ticket details
February 11, 2010. Tthe band helmed by MGMT collaborator Pete 'Sonic Boom' Kember', have announced details of a UK and European tour for March and April.

Kember worked with MGMT on their forthcoming album 'Congratulations' after meeting Andrew VanWyngarden and Ben Goldwasser in London last year. Both were big fans of Kember's previous band, legendary '80s drone-rockers Spacemen 3.

Spectrum, who release new single 'Words May Shatter' in April and a new album later in the year, will kick off the gig run at the Moho Live in Manchester on March 14.

Spectrum will play:

Manchester, Moho Live (March 14)
Sheffield, Harley (15)
Brighton, Freebutt (16)
London, Sonic Cathedral @ The Luminaire (17)
Utrecht, DB's Studio (19)
Diksmuide, 4AD Muzikeclub (20)
Rouen, Emporium Galorium (23)
Lyon, Le Sonic's (25)
Paris, Le Point Ephemere (26)
Lausanne, Theatre 2.21 (27)
Frankfurt, Nachtleben (29)
Koln, Sonic Ballroom (30)
Brussels, VK Club (31)
Turin, Spazio 211 (April 2)
Marseille, L'Embobineuse (3)
laid back in the sun
Known user

Re: Spectrum News

Post by laid back in the sun »

no irish dates then :( starting to think im never going to get the chance to see spectrum, hope theres some festival dates lined up
hey man theres a hole in my nose where all the money goes
davew
Known user

Post by davew »

Would love to see a Scottish date too, but i guess he goes where the demand is and can find promoters willing to put him on....
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

Shame there's no Irish date but not surpried after the turn out last time he played Dublin. Thrilled with the news of a new Spectrum single though. Hopefully the new LP will finally get released this year.

A coloured vinyl pressing of Indian Giver will keep me going until then though...

http://www.mindexpansionrecords.com/
davew
Known user

Post by davew »

Broc wrote: A coloured vinyl pressing of Indian Giver will keep me going until then though...

http://www.mindexpansionrecords.com/
I've looked all over the mindexpansions website for news of that but i can't see it....can you show me where you got that info...would love indian giver on vinyl...
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

It's on their "News" page, but isn't available yet.
davew
Known user

Post by davew »

I found it in the end. Hope it comes to fruition, i've grown to really love that album, having it on vinyl would be a treat.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Latest from Sonic:

Sooo…Happy New year ! Belatedly I know …….. It’s been a mixture of chaos & sweet F.A. I’ve been doing work moving New Atlantis ready for the recording needed to finish up a new Spectrum LP to come out this year . We’ll be doing a bit less touring until the records done , but we have do have short tours in both UK/Europe in March & the USA in May & maybe the odd other place –Jakarta is looking possible ! ?!....

Work on the MGMT l.p. ‘congratulations’ is pretty much tied up now . co-produced with Ben Goldwasser & Andrew VanWyngarden , recorded in Los Angeles & Brooklyn , and mixed in Cassadega ,NY its full release is in April .....

Any fans of Ausgang’s artwork (seen on various EAR Sympathy F.T.R.I sleeves including Phenomena 256 ) can pre-order online a ltd edition deluxe package (for a modest $2-3 extra) of the MGMT Congratulations l.p. - again featuring Ausgang’s beautiful custom Artwork , but with an extensive booklet by the band & Josh Cheuse and a scratch-off element revealing a separate ‘hidden’ element . Oh yeah , it also comes with an MGMT coin ready for you to get all scratchy with . you can probably buy fantastic & amazing things with ithe coins too too , but I might have just made that bit up…. Pretty sure the vinyl is the same too .....

whoismgmt.com has all the real info .ditto on Ausgang at exitstudios.com....

Spectrum wise on the record front , a 7” with Great Pop Supplement is due out in the next month or so pairing ‘Words may Shater’ (with Tim ‘Love’ Lee) & an alternate mix of Johnny Ace (with the late Jim Dickinson).....

As a stop press , I’ll be appearing this Sunday at 4.30 on Jarvis’ Radio 6 show yacking about Delia Derbyshire , mgmt & other stuff….....

See some of you at the upcoming shows . they’re likely to be the last for a little while . In the UK , the London show looks like it’ll be particularly fun….....
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Already There
Known user

Post by Already There »

Thanks for the news. :)
W: What are we supposed to do with that?
M: Eat it.
W: Eat it? Fucker’s alive.
M: Yeah, you’ve got to kill it.
W: Me? I’m the firelighter and fuel collector.

Gigs 2010: http://www.last.fm/user/Colin_in_Mexico/events/2010
Ghost_World
Known user

Post by Ghost_World »

Hmm, I think I'm free next Sunday, might wander down to Moho Live.
PapaLazarou
Known user

Post by PapaLazarou »

see you on the 20th :)
Ghost_World
Known user

Post by Ghost_World »

So me and several others rocked up to Moho Live earlier. The doors were shut and there was no sign of activity, no equipment van, we couldn't hear a soundcheck, and so on. "Maybe doors are opening later than expected", we figured. There'd been no mention of a cancellation anywhere, after all. Eventually, a staff member turns up and informs us they pulled out mid-afternoon, and it was mentioned online (even though none of us could find any mention on Spectrum's Myspace, Facebook, Sonic's official site, the venue website, any ticket websites, or through the management/booking agent). Apparently, their bass player fell into a coma. :? Obviously I hope this isn't true, but I still can't find ANY information in regards to tonight, and whether it was just a one-off or not. Thought I'd warn you all, in case the whole tour has been called off.
Jaybee
New user

Post by Jaybee »

Yeah, I wish I knew what was going on too. I was at Moho Live last night, and now I don't know whether it's worth heading down to Sheffield this evening. At least The Harley, as a hotel and bar, are more likely to pick up the phone than a shuttered-up gig venue I suppose.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Just edited this...

There is indeed a problem - I know the bass player was ill but tonight's gig is ON in Sheffield.

I got this email just now. London MGMT fans take note too:
still waiting to hear from our bass player , but the shows are going to remain on . At this point we dont know who'll be playing bass , but the shows are on .
btw MGMT are not supporting in London . though its not impossible that we'll do something together....
see you later - please pass on the news that the shows are on .
best

pk
Another edit with more info.
due to longterm illness of our former bass player , we've made the decision that the shows must go on and we're immensely pleased to announce that Guto Pryce will be doing all tour dates from tomorrow night .Tonight in Sheffield we'll be playing with a mystery bassist yet to be finalised !!!!

I think our guitarist might know someone . i'm exploring avenues still - but the show IS on .
regards
Pete Kember
If you are a decent bass player and are planning to go to the gig tonight drop me a line as this could be your moment!
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Hope it works out! I'll be going to the gig in Koln.

Mark
Design.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Crisis averted. A replacement bass player has been found. Christ - what a blur today has been...
Ghost_World
Known user

Post by Ghost_World »

Ah, why did Manchester have to be the cancelled one!? Never mind though, at least they're soldiering on. See you unfortunate Mancs at the rescheduled date. :D
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Should've asked me to do bass duties last night, then the show would've gone on!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Ah, so the Brighton gig IS still on. Should have checked this thread first before replying on the one in the gigs section. Well that is good news, although not for the old bassist obviously. I know the guys that work in my local record store were worried if it was on or not as they had sold quite a few tickets in the last week or so (publicity from the MGMT album Sonic's producing or his appearance on Jarvis's radio programme perhaps?).
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Whoa!!! Guto from SFA. That's awesome.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I thought the name sounded familiar. That is quite a turn up for the books. Are they mates then? He couldn't have had much time to rehearse the songs. Tomorrow night's gig is getting more and more interesting. Wonder if they'll be much there in the way of merch....I quite fancy a Spectrum t-shirt.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Chemmy
New user

Post by Chemmy »

sadly no t-shirts available... quite fancied once myself. to say the bassist was a stand-in probably found on the day the gig was pretty fucking good! i'm not sure of the first two songs they did, they were instrumental but the setlist was:

instrumental (synth)
instrumental (guitar)
set me free (i think)
che
when tomorrow hits
revolution
suicide

might have missed a tune out, not sure... the first two tracks have synth and guitar in brackets indicating what pete played. not much else to say except the support act was absolute wank...
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

First track was the sublime Mary from Indian Giver. He did some feedback manipulation at some point and also played war Sucks before Suicide. Stand in bass player Neil dashed up from Nottingham that afternoon...

It was an excellent evening - see my review here:
http://ideensynthese.de/spiritualized/v ... 270#p78270
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Is there any update on a potential rescheduled Manchester date?

I rocked up to Moho on Sunday (on my own!) and mingled around with some like minded souls. Utter dissapointment.
Would have driven across to Sheffield but clashed with the match.

Not encouraged by PK's statement that these could be the last shows 'for a while'. Presumably he'll be touring again around new LP launch (whenever that will be ...)
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

There was no mention of re-scheduling the Manchester date on Tuesday sadly. I wouldn't discount it but don't bank on it either. I know the cancelled gig cost them a load of money in lost receipts plus they'd hired transport and everyone was ready to go apart from bass player Nolan who's ill. They also have European dates coming up so fitting another in might not work. I hope they do for everyone's sake.

If anyone goes to any of the remaining dates I'd suggest asking Pete or Sam - you'll find one of them at the merch stall - and reporting it here.
Ghost_World
Known user

Post by Ghost_World »

KingHarry wrote: I rocked up to Moho on Sunday (on my own!) and mingled around with some like minded souls. Utter dissapointment.
Would have driven across to Sheffield but clashed with the match.
Chances are I was one of those like minded souls. I couldn't make any other dates as my ticket money was the only money I had at the time, couldn't afford to get to Sheffield. Here's hoping something crops up this way, if not, see you all next tour!
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Anyone go to any of the other shows?

Who were the support in London? Some anticipation following pk's comments re very special guests.

Did they play any more Spectrum material in later shows, or even anything, like, new?
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

No way to make it. None of my clients have paid me. I'm really saddened by this.

Sigh.

Mark
Design.
Alex English
Known user

Post by Alex English »

I see there are more U.S. dates in May in Boston, Philly, D.C., and NYC. I will not keep my hopes up for Denver show.
marcvolta
Known user

Post by marcvolta »

where did you find those us dates???
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Review of last week's show in Paris:

http://www.urbanlandfill.co.uk/2010/03/ ... -2010.html
Wah - Wah
Known user

Post by Wah - Wah »

here are some pictures from last week`s gig in Cologne :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcraude2

I guess it was pretty much the same setlist from what I had read before the gig. Audience about 75 - 100 people.
SonicGoonDrugby
New user

Post by SonicGoonDrugby »

LOL

is this a joke???

Kember posting on Jasons site? WTF............. Get your own and move on ffs.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

SonicGoonDrugby wrote:LOL

is this a joke???

Thanks for that stimulating and thought-provoking comment.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Is there any news on the single that is supposed to be coming out soon?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

It's on Dominic's Great Pop Supplement label. I spoke to him at Bush Hall for the Shjips/Heads bash and it's happening but I didn't get a firm date. Either he'll announce it here or someone will for sure when the time is close.
smellynobcheese
Known user

Post by smellynobcheese »

SonicGoonDrugby wrote:LOL

is this a joke???

Interesting to get messages like this - adds a new dynamic to the forum :-)
Fede77
Known user

Post by Fede77 »

Dear all,

do you think that Sonic wrote new songs for the next too waited lp? I don’t know because in all the live shows of the last 2 years he played the same songs like Mary, Set me free, War sucks, ecc…. Is it possible that he never played one new song??

What do you think?

Have you got some news?
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Well, if Mark says that the new single is definitely coming out on Dominic's Great Pop Supplement label, then it's happening. Obviously, Sonic hasn't been sitting around twiddling his thumbs. Perhaps he simply doesn't want to give away the goods live before the album is released.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

He played a small amount of new stuff on the last tour. Some track with the lyric 'you do right' although they didn't play it when I saw them.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

runcible

Is there a new spectrum lp on the horizon?

As I understood it, It was meant to be on the heels of Indian Giver, and has so far not materialised. As above, there seems to have been little to no new output at shows over past 2 years.

I'm desperate for this release following sublime stuff on Indian Giver and War Sucks - is it going to happen?
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

TheWarmth wrote:Well, if Mark says that the new single is definitely coming out on Dominic's Great Pop Supplement label, then it's happening. Obviously, Sonic hasn't been sitting around twiddling his thumbs. Perhaps he simply doesn't want to give away the goods live before the album is released.

Unless its a rerecording the track Sonic did with Tim "Love" Lee, Words May Shatter ,was on the Mindexpansion Vol. 2 ,released almost 18 months ago ,its in a more experimental vein and probably woudn`t be played live .... probably.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

niamhm wrote:
TheWarmth wrote:Well, if Mark says that the new single is definitely coming out on Dominic's Great Pop Supplement label, then it's happening. Obviously, Sonic hasn't been sitting around twiddling his thumbs. Perhaps he simply doesn't want to give away the goods live before the album is released.

Unless its a rerecording the track Sonic did with Tim "Love" Lee, Words May Shatter ,was on the Mindexpansion Vol. 2 ,released almost 18 months ago ,its in a more experimental vein and probably woudn`t be played live .... probably.
Yeah, wasn't the new single going to be Words May Shatter and a re-working of one of the Indian Giver tunes? So no new material really.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

KingHarry wrote:runcible

The short answer is 'yes'. The longer answer is 'at some point'. I'm sure it'll happen it's just taking an age...
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

runcible wrote:
KingHarry wrote:runcible

The short answer is 'yes'. The longer answer is 'at some point'. I'm sure it'll happen it's just taking an age...
.... a spaceage even.
sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »

Just seen this on the hey day website

)
SPECTRUM & TIM 'LOVE' LEE b/w SPECTRUM & CAPTAIN MEMPHIS (GREAT POP SUPPLEMENT) (7" PICTURE DISC)

Information:

Due soon...Next up on The Great Pop Supplement is both a musical and visual mindbender of a 45!

A total killer 7” pic disc featuring two collaborations between Sonic Boom / Spectrum and Tim ‘Love’ Lee and Captain Memphis aka legendary musician (Stones / Aretha Franklin / Alex Chilton) and Producer (Big Star etc…), Jim Dickinson.

Both pieces are among the very best things recorded since Sonic Boom’s days with Spacemen 3.

Total whacked out Silver Apples mash up one side and a wonderful smoked out, moog fuelled blues on the reverse.

Hugely acclaimed DJ and Producer Tim ‘Love’ Lee and Spectrum offer up “Words May Shatter”, a stunning The Silver Apples / Suicide freakout on Side A, while the reverse features an unreleased out-take of the mighty “The Lonely Death of Johnny Ace” from a collaborative project between Sonic Boom / Spectrum and Captain Memphis.

Recalling the tragic, true story of master bluesman Johnny Ace who shot himself dead on Christmas Day 1954 and featuring an incredible vocal from the late, great Jim Dickinson, this take debuts here.

Beautiful, op-art effect picture disc and acetate sleeving, this is a one off pressing of 1000 which is sure to sell fast…

Price: £4.49

Product Code: (GPS54)
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Love the Johnny Ace track can't wait to hear different version :D
'Remember, change is not good'
sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »

pre order here + glimpse of the sleeve!!

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/shop/p ... ?pid=69582
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I'm sure this will be cool, but I have to admit that I was disappointed when I found out that it wasn't a lead-off single for the forthcoming Spectrum full-length.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

My new shop will be selling this 7" to US/North American fans. Save on shipping!
I'll let you know the details once its gets sorted.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
porkchop
Known user

Post by porkchop »

Would love a copy! I found this today....shame shame Johnny Ace..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMONyAmDD7M
Fede77
Known user

Post by Fede77 »

Dear all,

I can’t understand…how many months are we waiting for the next Spectrum album? My question is: THERE WILL BE A NEW SPECTRUM’S ALBUM?
In the last years we had:
- Indian giver: ok, something good but definitely nothing new…songs that we already knew
- War sucks: ok, a very good EP, but, let me say another time…nothing new
- The new 7’’ with Tim “Love” Lee: already listen it 2 years ago...but the choose for B-side is for me unsatisfying…because it was the lead song of Indian giver, because he could change another songs or cover to put in, because we need new songs from Sonic!
I thing that the very last work of Sonic was the beautiful LP with Cheval Sombre…
In the last two years he played with the full band the same songs (Mary, Transparent radiation, Set me free, War sucks, Suicide, When tomorrow hits, How You Satisfy Me and Revoultion) :shock: …I’m very tired to listen then….I can’t hear then again….Is there a new song ready that we can hear as anticipation of the new LP?

I WANT A NEW ALBUM!!! :twisted:

I hope that this wait will be reward with a very good LP for which we will fall in love…….
I’m very pessimistic. I’m waiting for the new My Bloody Valentine LP for many years and I was sure that 2 years ago during the last tour it could arrive…but now silence again. Hope that Sonic won’t follow Kevin :cry:

Anybody asks to Sonic how much we have to wait??

Fede77
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I spoke to Pete at the Chicago Spectrum show last Thursday evening. He said that he hopes to have the album out sometime at the end of this year. Unfortunately, it seems as though there are no firm plans yet.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

did somebody ask Sonic in Dublin, whats the score with the new album?

anyway, i found a good replacement until it comes out.

nice soundscape by Hank Williams III "straigh to hell" second disc! thats one track that lasts for 42 minutes. sonicly speaking, thats a nice "boom".

some weird cut up's that vibe along with full moon and being lost on a highway of love. courage it needs, but also good ideas and this one has some and has some decent execution of ideas also.

http://www.amazon.com/Straight-Hell-Han ... 957&sr=8-1
http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ ... t_to_hell/
Guessed
Known user

Post by Guessed »

veiko wrote:did somebody ask Sonic in Dublin, whats the score with the new album?

nice soundscape by Hank Williams III "straigh to hell" second disc! thats one track that lasts for 42 minutes. sonicly speaking, thats a nice "boom".

some weird cut up's that vibe along with full moon and being lost on a highway of love. courage it needs, but also good ideas and this one has some and has some decent execution of ideas also.

Sorry, Veiko was going to reply with something about Hype Williams...until the penny dropped!
Hope you're well

Best,

Stuart/drones/eleKtroniK:musiK/Stuart_X_Hunter/Guessed/TheDarkEndController
Already There
Known user

Post by Already There »

veiko wrote:did somebody ask Sonic in Dublin, whats the score with the new album?

How was the Dublin gig? Or have you been to all three of them?

Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

Sonic's latest myspace blog, wonder if a new record means re-issues or 'On The Wings Of Mercury' (don't like that title if thie album ever comes to fruition);

Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Upcoming Shows and News
Morning !
It's been a while , I know . Things are crazy in general & generally crazy . We've made a mad pledge to try & cover the spaces and reach out to the places . There's a bunch of stuff going on - Cheval Sombre's new lp is in the finishing by spring - intime for the swallows return , at the least .
From Spectrum - some new records , some great shows (ATP in April with Animal Collective , Austin Psyche fest a-beckoning....) , re-issues of the 1st 3 Sonic Boom/Spectrum discs.......starting with 'Sonic Boom spectrum' on SpaceAge recds in March .

But .... Right now , just to remind you of these shows coming up in the next couple of weeks , here's our last shows of the year . If you want to be sure of tickets in Paris ,Zurich or Basel and the two festivals , now's the time i guess .
see you on someday
pete x

Sunday 31st October – Soy Festival, Nantes, Fr

Wednesday 3rd November – Kaserne, Basel, Switzerland

Thursday 4th November – Exil. Zurich, Switzerland

Monday 8th November - Rockstore, Montpelier, Fr

Wednesday 10th November – Noveau Casino, Paris, Fr

Thursday 11th November – Centre Pompidou, Metz, Fr

Friday 12th November – Festival Tour de Chauffe, Comines, Fr

-------

Friday 17th December - Geneva,Switzerland

Read more: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... z13jQwlXJ9
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

[quote="Broc"]Sonic's latest myspace blog, wonder if a new record means re-issues or 'On The Wings Of Mercury' (don't like that title if thie album ever comes to fruition);

From Spectrum - some new records , some great shows (ATP in April with Animal Collective , Austin Psyche fest a-beckoning....) , re-issues of the 1st 3 Sonic Boom/Spectrum discs.......starting with 'Sonic Boom spectrum' on SpaceAge recds in March .

Would be nice, although probably unlikely, if there was some extra material on these releases :?:
'Remember, change is not good'
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

this is great news!! i'll be happy just having a proper copy of Soul Kiss.
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Remasters would be great! I've got a CD of Soul Kiss, but it would be nice to have the others on disc!
LunarTunes
Known user

Post by LunarTunes »

Typical! I finally got Sonic Boom "Spectrum" from eBay. I have two copies on vinyl but had never picked up the CD. Oh well. Good news for those who don't already have it...

Peace.
Already There
Known user

Post by Already There »

LunarTunes wrote:Typical! I finally got Sonic Boom "Spectrum" from eBay. I have two copies on vinyl but had never picked up the CD. Oh well. Good news for those who don't already have it...

Peace.
Amazing album. I should get a copy on CD, too.

KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Would be great to have some expanded versions of the cds. Not sure what other material is out there to pad them out to. Unless there are some gems from the vaults?

Sonic / SPectrum - b sides of angel aside?
Soul Kiss - that version of Dont Go (Please Stay) off the Sympathy TLWFYITE double 7' is a great track, not sure what else there is out there?
High Lows - Go to Sleep and the minor b-sides off Undo the Taboo, anything else?
scratch
Known user

Post by scratch »

KingHarry wrote:Would be great to have some expanded versions of the cds. Not sure what other material is out there to pad them out to. Unless there are some gems from the vaults?

Sonic / SPectrum - b sides of angel aside?
Soul Kiss - that version of Dont Go (Please Stay) off the Sympathy TLWFYITE double 7' is a great track, not sure what else there is out there?
High Lows - Go to Sleep and the minor b-sides off Undo the Taboo, anything else?
Indian summer?
"the greatest example of self-violation in the history of art"
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

KingHarry wrote:Would be great to have some expanded versions of the cds. Not sure what other material is out there to pad them out to. Unless there are some gems from the vaults?

Sonic / SPectrum - b sides of angel aside - Octaves/Tremeloes
Soul Kiss - that version of Dont Go (Please Stay) off the Sympathy TLWFYITE double 7' is a great track, not sure what else there is out there? "2 Chord 12 Bar/Taste The Ozone"
Go To Sleep is a lovely track. Don't think it's been released on anything else.

The "Don't Go" and "2 Chord 12 Bar/Taste The Ozone" from the 2x7" True Love EP were on "What Came Before After", as were Octaves and Tremeloes, which were also on the "Drone Dream EP". I love "Taste The Ozone", it's one of my favourite comedown tunes. Can't remember which version of "Help Me Please" was on it. Might have been the one from the Angel b-side.

Can't think of anything else.
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Go To Sleep is an amazing track, it deserves to be a bonus. Should really have made the LP imho.

I think it's safe to assume that, as with the Sp3 stuff, Sonic did loads of alternate takes. Everything should be a double LP set!