taking drugs to make music... bomp or spaceage?

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

taking drugs to make music... bomp or spaceage?

Post by Guest »

What exactly is the difference between the bomp version and the spaceage version of 'taking drugs'? I've been trying to hunt down a bomp version but its very hard to come by.
disorder
Known user

Post by disorder »

sorry about that "guest" thing guys, that was me who posted that... I'm still learning everything about this msg board. :lol:
LunarTunes
Known user

Post by LunarTunes »

I'll try to help here...

1.. Packaging: Bomp contains liner notes inc. track info and comes in a jewel case. Space Age has no notes and is in a gatefold cardboard jacket. The artwork of both is different although they have similar drug-related content...

2. Music: Both contain the same 13 tracks but the Space Age release adds "Transparent Radiation (organ version)" which is 4:14 in duration...

3. Sound: Haven't compared but I'm willing to bet they are the same...

Cheers.
Chris Barrus
Known user

Post by Chris Barrus »

LunarTunes wrote:
3. Sound: Haven't compared but I'm willing to bet they are the same...
Far as I can tell (after listening to both for forever) the tracks are the same.
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

Spaceage seems to have better quality to me. Go for that one cos of the Transparent Radiation (Organ Version) bonus track - even if you have to pay more. It's quite different to any other version of the song, and well worth having.