the ultimate rarity???

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

laid back in the sun
Known user

the ultimate rarity???

Post by laid back in the sun »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT
anyone know what colour the other tests were or how many of these exist?? i think i actually prefer this version of the sleeve to the one that was released. i predict deep pockets will be needed for this one... makes me glad i dont obsessively collect s3 when i see things like this!
hey man theres a hole in my nose where all the money goes
Shinesalight
Known user

Re: the ultimate rarity???

Post by Shinesalight »

That chap is certainly selling a lot of stuff people on here are going to be interested in. He/she has been selling stuff I never even knew existed. Are they anyone we know?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Yes. A few of us know him. Totally trustworthy and a big time collector. Just thinning the herd so to speak.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Wasn't doubting their credentials.....didn't know if it was a forum user that wanted to reveal themselves.

Anyway, I think, if anything, discovering all these new rareties has probably put me off more than motivated me into collecting more Spiritualized/Spaceman stuff. I guess Im just toucing the tip of the iceberg by going for the "official" vinyl releases but didn't realise the amount and, particularly, the cost of trying to go for the completist mentality. I'm currently on a mission to save up for a trip to Oz at the end of the year and I'm starting to worry that I'm going to get all obsessed about getting L&GWAFIS on vinyl and then I'm sure I'll get enticed into other things (I bought the CD promo of Sweet Talk/You Lie You Cheat yesterday on E-Bay because I was bored.....I just couldn't help myself!) and end up blowing my holiday fund. Its a fucking nightmare! :roll:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Ads wrote:Wasn't doubting their credentials.....didn't know if it was a forum user that wanted to reveal themselves.

Anyway, I think, if anything, discovering all these new rareties has probably put me off more than motivated me into collecting more Spiritualized/Spaceman stuff. I guess Im just toucing the tip of the iceberg by going for the "official" vinyl releases but didn't realise the amount and, particularly, the cost of trying to go for the completist mentality. I'm currently on a mission to save up for a trip to Oz at the end of the year and I'm starting to worry that I'm going to get all obsessed about getting L&GWAFIS on vinyl and then I'm sure I'll get enticed into other things (I bought the CD promo of Sweet Talk/You Lie You Cheat yesterday on E-Bay because I was bored.....I just couldn't help myself!) and end up blowing my holiday fund. Its a fucking nightmare! :roll:
I wouldn't bother going the completist route Ads. I collect, but up to a point. I'll only buy different formats of the same single if they have differing songs/versions or are limited editions. Promos i think are a waste of time, i have some but only because i got them cheap and, again, they had different versions.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Ads wrote:Wasn't doubting their credentials.....didn't know if it was a forum user that wanted to reveal themselves.
He never comes on here at all. His name has been dropped a few times. Thats about it. Those Japanese Cds are nice. The first Sonic Boom CD in particular is very rare.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

What's the deal with Japanese versions of albums? Why are they so special? If the music or artwork was different i could understand it but.... :?
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Just a collectors thing I guess. Japanese lyric inserts. Some have extra track(s).
laid back in the sun
Known user

Post by laid back in the sun »

sunray wrote:What's the deal with Japanese versions of albums? Why are they so special? If the music or artwork was different i could understand it but.... :?
its all about the obi strip (although lagwafis had a bonus instrumental version of broken heart) theres just something about them, the japanese section is probably the favourite section out of all my collection tbh... if i could only just track down that last version of lagwafis but the japanese sites are a nightmare to navigate... unless you know japanese obviously !
hey man theres a hole in my nose where all the money goes