Why jason is allways sited on a chair during the concerts?

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

makinavaja

Why jason is allways sited on a chair during the concerts?

Post by makinavaja »

Hi to everybody

Im maki, from spain. I 've seen 3 live sessions of spiritualized, 2 on benicassim, and one in barcelona (wintercase festival)

On lasts concerts, Jason is allwais on his chair. I've have no problem with this, but its curious, and I want to know why, if its possible, of course :)

Well, thank you to everybody!

bye
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

ahhh, he's fucking lazy!

xxxshonnxxx
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

And he's had a dodgy knee, for the last few years?
makinavaja

Maybe

Post by makinavaja »

Both answers seems to be reasonable ^_^

Well, but it doesn't matter to me... I mean, live sessions of spiritualized are still cool, with lot of energy, and thats important :)

Also, I'm quite happy from the last concert, it was really cool, and also I adquired a track list used by any of the components of the group during the concert. I was asking for it screaming as hard as my voice can... and a woman that was on the scenario at the end of the concert gave it to me :)
appledelphy
Known user

Post by appledelphy »

blablabla jazzbutcher says you are some of the laziest people in the world..
blabla some of those songs are quite long.. blabla to really concentrate and put everything into that you have to sit down really..
some of the best musicians sit down.. like john lee hooker - it´s just..it´s right for the music.. - interview early 1989
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

Lars Ulrich bangs drums standing up.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

I heard thru the rumour mill that the reason why Jason was sitting during the AG tour was because he had a mild case of the hemorroids ? Can anyone confirm ? Maybe his proctologist ?

Speaking of John Lee Hooker, he is buried on the same floor and masoleum as my grandparents in Oakland ! In fact, his resting place is about a stone's throw from where my grandparents are (it's the truth) !! His inscription on his plaque says, " the king of boogie ".

The second paragraph is really true, but the the first one is up for speculation ...
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

spacemanrich wrote:I heard thru the rumour mill that the reason why Jason was sitting during the AG tour was because he had a mild case of the hemorroids ? Can anyone confirm ? Maybe his proctologist ?
But then, how could he sit down?
-Dr Ersman
jb
Known user

Post by jb »

jason's posture on his stool is not great so he is putting a lot of strain on his lower back. He prob needs to sit upright and do some work strengthing his abs if he to avoid possible problems.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

I can confirm that Jason, in fact, has no ass to sit on. He really needs to do some good ol' squats or leg curls or something the way his backside was looking in those 7 day trousers he had on the last time I spoke with him in Detroit. He was also feeling "very good, very out of it" at the time. I saw him later outside the evenings venue and he was, in fact, looking for his man. Really. Hence, the need to sit as the man can make you feel sorta dizzy at times.

Post by Guest »

I saw them in leeds on the ladies and gents tour, I'm sure he was standing, but every other time he's been sitting, maybe he was just giving it a try.

Post by Guest »

He always sat down during gigs
same with sonic

its easier to play sat down too!

£3

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:He always sat down during gigs
same with sonic

its easier to play sat down too!
That's BULLSHIT. Early SPZ he broke away from the sitting and stood up, that's infact the real reason for the split - Fat Ass 3 differences.

Jason returned to sitting cos leaning on the Mic stand broke all Health and Safety Procedures and would invalidate his Medical Insurance.

I suppose you could say he's covering his Ass.

Sonic sits cos the dribble has less far to drip.