about live album "performance"

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

veiko
Known user

about live album "performance"

Post by veiko »

thing is that today i had to do some "homework", that means moving and cleaning stuff and so on.
so, i thought i will put on some good-old tremolo-driven space-rock and so i put on something that firstly turned me on to spacemen 3, the straight-forward-raw stuff thats called "performance". i put on the TAANG records version. ohhh well, i had not listened to it for more than 10 years. even filling the dustbin made me shiver together with the vibes. as the disc was coming to an end, it even did not surprise me that i had forgotten about the original material been mixed with vinyl version, but what came as a surprise was about 3 minutes of crowd-noise looped in the end of the disc.
i'm talking about the TAANG records release of "performance". everything with it is "normal" (with that i mean that after the "repeater" it flows into "revolution" thats taken from vinyl. details from somebody else.). but in the end of the last track, "suicide", there is about 3 minutes of a loop of crowd noise. it's a short loop. goes on around 3 minutes and then hooks out and fades away. i mean come on???
i checked my disc of "threebie 3" released by spaceage recordings and that has the same thing/show/thing, but that goes out clearly and understanbly. just a clear fade-out.
i have not checked my vinyl version of "performance" that was released by fire records. but i doubt that i can find same sort of looping in the end of that release.

so, what "is" IT? is someone mocking around? a revenge?? or is it intentional? it's too long to be a mistake... that loop is around 3 minutes long. seems like from the same show, but it's too weird not to mention.

any ideas?
jadams501
Known user

Re: about live album "performance"

Post by jadams501 »

I've noticed that... always assumed it was some band joke about the repetition of the drones or somesuch. Evidently not the case?

Though the Taang releases are pretty awful. My copy of Perfect Prescription had a highly irritating skip in the middle of Ode To Street Hassle and it was years before I could finally find a clean version.