Highway_Garage_05.30.1996

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

veiko
Known user

Highway_Garage_05.30.1996

Post by veiko »

Found a old tape - bootleg of Stereolab and Sonic Boom in London, Highway Garage 05.30.1996.

has anyone more info about that event?
was anyone writing here there too??

Stereolab did together with Sonic Boom atleast one Peel session, but have the done more concerts together?

and what was doing Boom together with Luna in 2002?
also some noises on stage?

well, the tape is rather foggy, but some serious experimentation is going on. it must make sense if indeed Sonic is making all those blip-blop-blups, some rather nice vjjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiuuuuuuuz, hrrrrrruuuuuungrääääää äää too.

a link too:
http://stereolab.koly.com/setlists/setlist.php?tid=366
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Yeah I was there. It was EAR with Stereolab playing as 'Soop'.

I actually went to 2 gigs that night. Watched Stereolab play electronic EAR type stuff with Krautrock stuff at the end. Then I went and saw an abominable Butthole Surfers set at the Forum later. Alongside Primal Scream (that George Clinton tour) and Smashing Pumpkins (when that arse Corgan dressed as a clown for the encore) that was the worst headline slot I have ever seen and I left after half an hour, cursing the fact I'd left an EAR gig to see it. Thing is I'd seen the Buttholes play some incredible gigs a few years before and HAD to see them again. Big mistake - destroyed the legend.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

runcible wrote:Yeah I was there. It was EAR with Stereolab playing as 'Soop'.
has anyone got any recordings of that thing?
maybe they did "Soop" more than once?

i really enjoy that very same kind of hypno-beat-abstractions. Stereolab under water.

and what did Sonic Boom with Luna in 2002?