Kurt Vile kills Hey Man

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

vejtables
Known user

Kurt Vile kills Hey Man

Post by vejtables »

best cover of this song (in my humble opinion.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9MVUn1wQS8
grisisiknis
Known user

Re: Kurt Vile kills Hey Man

Post by grisisiknis »

vejtables wrote:best cover of this song (in my humble opinion.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9MVUn1wQS8

I deeply agree
no art no pain | no pain no art
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

for crying out loud, look @ that dork in the front row. good grief.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
JL
Known user

Post by JL »

apparently SB played it onstage w kurt vile and band tonight.
Pat Garrett
Known user

Post by Pat Garrett »

JL wrote:apparently SB played it onstage w kurt vile and band tonight.
A friend mentioned that Sonic was booed off tonight - anyone know the story?
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

it goes without saying this is disgusting behaviour..

from that guardian article...

during the encore they joined each other on stage to perform the Spacemen 3 songs Hey Man and Amen.

eh? did they also perform the Spacemen 3 songs The Sound of Confusion and Walking With Jesus??
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

I know nothing of this Kurt Vile fella, but if he's such a fan of Sonic's work, then i'm very suprised he hasn't spoken out to defend Sonic or told the audience to shut the fuck up on the night... if i had someone who i held in such high regard supporting me, i'd be there watching his set and would be well aware of any animosity from the crowd... to stand back and say nothing is almost as bad... scared he might lose some money-spending kids from his fanbase???
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

The booing must have been pretty vitriolic for it to have got a page to itself on a national paper’s website. The reviewer mentions Suicide getting booed but unlike Suicide, Pete’s not exactly the most confrontational performer is he?

Ill mannered c**ts, I bet Kurt Vile must be wondering what sort of fan base he has picked up.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

I'd say Sonic couldn't give a fuck and got a good laugh out of it. Maybe when he saw the adverse reaction he pushed the boat out and went a bit EAR on them.

I was reading an interview with him last night in which he said..

"In the 80s, we used to absolutely loathe going to Switzerland because we couldn't afford to do anything. The audiences were really bourgeois and hated us, which actually meant that they often got really good sets".

http://www.rockedition.com/interviews/a ... -spectrum/

Yeah a little odd this guy didn't say anything to the crowd, maybe he's a little concerned what it might do to his standing, I dunno...
Kurious Oranj
Known user

Post by Kurious Oranj »

nickh wrote: I bet Kurt Vile must be wondering what sort of fan base he has picked up.
pitchfork worshipping retards
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

MattBenn wrote:I read that article and was pretty disgusted, but then I spoke to a few friends that went, and apparently the booing has been extremely over-exaggerated by the journalist. Apparently he wasn't "booed off stage", but a very small group of idiots booed for 10 seconds after he'd finished his last song (which ended with a very, very drawn out ending, which I guess might explain indie kid aggravation) and left the stage, and it was barely audible over applause.
I saw an early EAR show supporting Pavement a long time ago - a full band featured and it was fucking amazing. That intense wall of sound was mind-blowing and Scott Reilley's guitar sounded magnificent. But all these kids around me were going 'what the fuck is going on?' and 'who on earth are these people?' They didn't get it at all.
jesus son
Known user

Post by jesus son »

runcible wrote:
MattBenn wrote:I read that article and was pretty disgusted, but then I spoke to a few friends that went, and apparently the booing has been extremely over-exaggerated by the journalist. Apparently he wasn't "booed off stage", but a very small group of idiots booed for 10 seconds after he'd finished his last song (which ended with a very, very drawn out ending, which I guess might explain indie kid aggravation) and left the stage, and it was barely audible over applause.
I saw an early EAR show supporting Pavement a long time ago - a full band featured and it was fucking amazing. That intense wall of sound was mind-blowing and Scott Reilley's guitar sounded magnificent. But all these kids around me were going 'what the fuck is going on?' and 'who on earth are these people?' They didn't get it at all.
I saw that tour at the Wulfrun in Wolverhampton. The bar staff stopped serving and were holding their hands over their ears for the duration of the EAR performance.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

jesus son wrote:
runcible wrote:
I saw that tour at the Wulfrun in Wolverhampton. The bar staff stopped serving and were holding their hands over their ears for the duration of the EAR performance.
That made me laugh! Thanks!