dark knight rises

All of the above.

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

The Dr
Known user

dark knight rises

Post by The Dr »

wonderful wonderful wonderful film! some nice twists and a smoking hot cat woman. better than expected and the story entails many parts of batman lore and also removes some of the stupid stuff- ie bane having all that stuff put in him to make him 'superstrong'
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
runcible
Site Admin

Re: dark knight rises

Post by runcible »

Does Christian Bale still have that ludicrous growling voice? That ruined the last Batman and rather put me off seeing this one.
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

Agree with The Dr - this film is absolutely amazing. I was speechless at the end. Definitely the best film of the bunch, and maybe one of my favourites of all-time. To me, it was that good.

And the Bale voice is toned down considerably from The Dark Knight. Think more of the Batman Begins sound, which was not plain sailing but not as bad as TDK.

As an aside, what made me giggle is that all the trailers before the film were all for films that were remakes or 'reboots' - Total Recall, Superman, Judge Dredd and a new Bournes minus Matt Damon.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Was hoping to see it this weekend but got friends and their baby staying with us so now got to wait till next week before I get to see it. The events in Denver have kinda put my enforced wait into perspective though.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone