Primavera Sound 2013

For setlists, memories and bootlegs etc...

Moderators: BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent, MODLAB

angelsighs
Known user

Primavera Sound 2013

Post by angelsighs »

http://pitchfork.com/news/49263-primave ... the-knife/

full lineup was annouced last night. not bad eh?
mkb
Known user

Re: Primavera Sound 2013

Post by mkb »

I think it might be as good a lineup as I've ever seen for a festival.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Yet again, Primevera show how a great festival line-up should look like. I still find it amazing that Portugal and Spain get the best festival line-up year in year out. Would have loved to have gone to this but for the birth of my son this year.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

it's nice that they also stream a lot of the performances- i really enjoyed watching mazzy star, sharon van etten and veronica falls last year.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

yeah isn't it strange that this lineup is often the best of the year? it's usually the cream of all the lineups for UK festivals, all in one place!

I will say that for me, it's lacking 1 or 2 really big hitters (Spz spring to mind), but on reflection maybe it's better to have a solid lineup across the board, rather than pinning your hopes on just a few bands (if those bands clash, or turn out to be below par, can ruin it a bit..)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

I can't imagine Dead Can Dance at a festival. :?
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Judging from the last few times Spz have played Primavera they've had a tough gig. J has smashed his guitar twice I think after being plaqued with bad sound. I think these dream line ups need to sometimes be taken with a pinch of salt. You favorite bands may be there but they'll be playing in less than favorable conditions.
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

simonkeeping wrote:You favorite bands may be there but they'll be playing in less than favorable conditions.
Not to mention that you're seeing them in less than favorable conditions too.

I'm not a fan of festivals.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

sunray wrote:I can't imagine Dead Can Dance at a festival. :?
I saw them in Dublin last year. They were pretty poor, which was a shame as previously they could be immense live. I expect they will show up and collect to collect their fee. Seems like a strange setting for such atmospheric music though. I hope they get a late night slot
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I agree that festivals are often not the best situation to see a band- and you are not often at your best yourself either, often tired and drained. and the sound quality is never the best. and the sets are quite short...

but having said that, just have to take them for what they are.
I will say I've seen some phenomenal festival shows.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

olan wrote:
sunray wrote:I can't imagine Dead Can Dance at a festival. :?
I saw them in Dublin last year. They were pretty poor, which was a shame as previously they could be immense live.
I was at that gig and really enjoyed it. Admittedly, not as good as the one previous occasion I saw them (1996) but I thought it was decent. Then again you're probably a much bigger fan than I am and have a bit more of an emotional investment with them.

As for festivals? I fucking love them ! I've being attending festies for 23 years now and I honestly can't imagine going through a summer without fitting in at least a couple.
Would agree with angelsighs, I've seen some mindblowing festival sets over the years.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five