The Following

All of the above.

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Laz69
Known user

The Following

Post by Laz69 »

Another great TV show that Mrs Laz and I have been watching. Kevin Bacon has found a real vein of form in this thriller. And Joe, the bad guy, is played brilliantly too.
Some nice tunes played dropped into the episodes too... this week, Mazzy Star's "Fade Into You" was playing in the background towards the end of the show and i've heard Massive Attack's "Angel" too
redcloud
Known user

Re: The Following

Post by redcloud »

My wife and I watched the first two episodes but it didn't work for either of us. We missed the most recent airing (3rd episode, I think?). I don't believe in the killer (actor is poorly cast and not sinister enough in my opinion) and I also don't buy into the cult of the well read, fans of Poe & university lecturer who decide to poke victims eyes out. The premise seems a bit too far fetched and formulaic. After two episodes I know Bacon is going to search out info from the killer ('Silence of the Lambs') and I know he and the lady will get it on. All the while people in weird Poe masks or college kids reciting Poe scripture will write on walls and poke people's eyes out.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

I've been pleasantly suprised by it. I think Kevin Bacon has been cast well. The bad guy, who reminds me terribly of someone else but i can't place who it is, intruiges me. Whether it could go further than a single series is debateable, yet i still think the intellectual approach to it all and the unravelling of the planning thats gone into his "novel" leaves the show wide open for development. After this week's episode, i think i could possibly predict whats going to happen next week, so that will be a test of its predictability.

Not groundbreaking by any means, but enjoyable nonetheless.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Yes, I agree on not knowing how they can get more than one season out of it. Even its title is wrapped up into the cult. Not sure how far behind you are from us but I think only three episodes have aired so far over here.

Does it ever bother you that EVERYBODY is beautiful on these big American shows? Ok, so maybe the cop who became a follower was the one exception but the University kids are all good looking, the killer is good looking, the wife is gorgeous etc. I know, I know....that is American tv. But, I sometimes (often) think it would be so much more realistic if they had diversity in looks!
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Oh god yes... my eldest daughter is a fan of The Vampire Diaries ( :roll: ) and it gives the impression that the entire Vampire community is just gorgeous!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

I'm quite enamoured by the psycho-bitch with the short hair. :lol:

I'm enjoying the show so far but haven't fully committed to it yet. Don't think i'd continue watching if it went beyond one series.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five