Limited edition Spiritualized shirt

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

What shirt would you like the most?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:09 pm

1. The Highest Show On Earth
52%
2. Radio City LAG show poster design.
11%
3. Radio City LAG show show info design. See below.
No votes
4. Myspace secret show
2%
5. One of the bottom two designs seen here
7%
http://alanhynes.com/blog/?p=943#more
28%

Total votes: 54

spzretent
Site Admin

Limited edition Spiritualized shirt

Post by spzretent »

Jason has given us, the moderators, permission to do a limited edition Spiritualized shirt. We have narrowed down the possible shirts to five.
Who better to ask than those who post here. This will be done in the form of a poll.
The shirts will be printed in the US. We will ship anywhere and if anyone is coming over to the US going to the UK and would like to be a mule for us that would help. Otherwise it will be around $15 to ship overseas(either way from US).
Here goes.
1. The Highest Show On Earth.
2. Radio City LAG show poster design.
3. Radio City LAG show info design. See below. Design stops at date of show.
4. Myspace secret show in either red or aqua. Same as posters.
5. One of the bottom two designs seen here
http://alanhynes.com/blog/?p=943#more
radio city 1.jpg
radio city 1.jpg (6.23 KiB) Viewed 11865 times
radio city.png
radio city.png (69.02 KiB) Viewed 11865 times
myspace.png
myspace.png (35.7 KiB) Viewed 11865 times
Attachments
Spz Highest t 2.jpg
Spz Highest t 2.jpg (94.99 KiB) Viewed 11865 times
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
sunray
Known user

Re: Limited edition Spiritualized shirt

Post by sunray »

Cool. Myspace or Alan Hynes designs would get my vote. Preferably on a white t-shirt.

Whatever it is please make it a full size print instead of the poxy small ones they've seemed so fond of since Pure Phase.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Without asking too much, can these be done on shirts other than black or white? Whatever happened to having a little colour in our lives... :D
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Yeah, I like the idea of doing a color other than white or black. Also, American Apparel would be nice. I'd be willing to pay a bit extra for a higher quality shirt that will last longer. The "Spaceman" shirt I bought ... maybe on the LICD tour ... disintegrated quickly and my "My Soul's Been Spiritualized" one is also of so-so quality.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Sounds good. But I would say no to the highest show on earth...while its a cool design, it has been printed before - it would be nice if this was something new and not just a reprint.

My vote for the Alan Haynes design or the myspace show.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Which of the Haynes designs is being considered?
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

I would buy (at least one of) the Highest Show shirts like a shot. I love the one I've got, but it's falling apart...
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

The highest show on earth one has the best design.
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

natty wrote:The highest show on earth one has the best design.
This.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I love the idea of those Haynes designs as they are new and no one has seen them on a shirt. The highest show on earth has been done a couple of times.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I voted for the Highest Show shirt, as I never got an opportunity to buy one. Were those available on any of the U.S. tours? Anyway, I do like the Haynes designs, too. I'd buy both. Is there a chance we could choose two designs and do two different shirts?
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

here's a better image of the myspace secret show

poster for sale here
http://www.bluecollardistro.com/myassoc ... 415&store=#
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

From a selfish point of view, I think it's a no to the Highest Show On Earth Design, but only because I've got that t-shirt already :wink: (am I right in thinking that was one of your hand-me-down Sighs?).

I really like the Haynes Designs, especially as they never really saw the light of day properly. The MySpace Secret Show designs are great/unusual too.
Last edited by Shinesalight on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

I would definitely go with either the highest show on earth (really cool, like the older feel of it...) or the alan hynes one (either), especially since I was at the Wiltern show :)
hazey
Known user

Post by hazey »

natty wrote:The highest show on earth one has the best design.
My vote for this as well.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Ian wrote:I would buy (at least one of) the Highest Show shirts like a shot. I love the one I've got, but it's falling apart...
Me too.
However I don't really have a strong opinion on the matter I think they're all p sweet. I have the New York skyline one in good condition so i dont really need it (finally started taking care of my tshirts after realising I couldn't really wear the highest show one anymore - one of my friends actually asked me what colour it was meant to be originally! It's so faded..)
gonna burn brightly
for a while
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

i already have a LAG skyline shirt. i'd be happy with the highest show on earth shirt or one of the haynes designs.

i agree it might be nice for it to not be on a black or white shirt. i think either one would look really nice on a blue shirt.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Sorry for the uber large files. Sometimes they work and sometimes not.
We want all the input possible from you guys. Shirt colors, designs etc
A lot of you probably know this but these Alan Haynes designs will be much more expensive. Each diff color is a new screen. That is why the others work better. Plus we have to get him to agree.
Regarding shirts: we will use the best and most cost effective ones we can. I have many American Apparel that have little holes everywhere too. They will definitely be either ringspun cotton or a tri blend. Possibly 50% 50%.
We may be able to do two designs. It has to be run by Jason. His words were "go ahead and do 100 shirts".
If I could stretch it to a gross(144) we get better pricing ordering by the dozen we may be able to do 72 of two designs.
Gotta speak to the man first. We have been trying to do this for years and I want it to work and put some money in Jasons pocket.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

call me crazy....

but wouldn't it be neat to use Jason's original rough sketch?
(the one on the left, on Alan Hayne's site)
it's rough and choppy, it doesn't say the band name on it, but it's totally unique.
I suppose Jason wouldn't approve that, though, would he..

well, just sayin'
that's what I'd vote for.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

We had to limit the choices for obvious reasons.
I like the full artwork. Both choices actually.
For instance my first choice was the Lazer Guided UK shirts with the psychedelic angel & devil. I own it and took to the screen printing shop by me. Way too costly.
We are going to need help to get whatever shirt or shirts are chosen screened or sent here so we can do them. I have the two NYC shirts.
I also have both Myspace posters.
Its the Highest Show shirt we probably will need.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I most definitely must go with "THE HIGHEST SHOW ON EARTH".
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

IF any OTHER design was possible, it would be the Alan Hynes "SYRINGE". Very Nice, that one. I would be pleased to have a nice heavy-paper POSTER!
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

on his page haynes says that the syringe one would be easier to print since the colours making up the rainbow could be done simultaneously in one screen so the whole image would require less screens than the other one. in light of keeping costs down (and since it is a really cool design) i'd vote for the syringe of those two designs.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Would the shirts have the venues and dates on them or just the main design itself? Not sure i'd want a shirt of a gig I was thousands of miles away from.

Like others have stated, no black tees please. Red, yellow, orange or white would be my preference. All depending on what design was used of course. I really think the Myspace ones would look nice in either colour as a large front print on a white shirt.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

spzretent wrote:
shalloboi wrote:on his page haynes says that the syringe one would be easier to print since the colours making up the rainbow could be done simultaneously in one screen so the whole image would require less screens than the other one. in light of keeping costs down (and since it is a really cool design) i'd vote for the syringe of those two designs.
Hopefully this will work for shirts as well as posters.

The shirts will have whatever info is in the image including dates/venues.
As this is a rare opportunity to get input into the decision before it's made, please can it be a NEW design?

Sorry to folks who want to retread old ground, but I already bought my "Highest Show..." t-shirt - if you missed out, hard fucking luck - it's probably my least favorite Spz shirt design anyways; in my opinion far to "busy" a design, very lacking in regular perspective in terms of mis en scene, to use a cinematographic analogy ... the Alan Hynes' designs are the freshest and best shirt design since the good but stupidly overpriced New York waveform/skyline/syringe t-shirt.

Furthermore I add my voice to the clamor for a coloured t-shirt. My preference is for a tasteful navy blue, since it sits nicely in the Spiritualized tradition, and I can imagine the Hynes designs looking great as either principally white on blue or blue on white (in the front "window"). In addition I'd prefer a back print if possible, but if the colour combo is complex I agree the front print takes priority.

Eitherways I want a new shirt (or two) with Alan Hynes a-work. If I'm forced to choose one I want the second syringe design please, on a nice dark blue shirt, thank you!

PS if Alan Hynes' design(s) is/are used, can we please do him the respectful courtesy of spelling his name correctly in the appropriate credits - it ain't that hard, IMHO.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Wow. One person. One vote. One surly message.
ALAN HYNES. Even in navy blue for you.
My mistake.
I apologize.
Since we are getting our facts and spelling straight the NYC waveform shirts were $20 at the show. On American Apparel shirts too.
The Helmut Lang shirts were $80.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

mojo filters wrote:Sorry to folks who want to retread old ground, but I already bought my "Highest Show..." t-shirt - if you missed out, hard fucking luck - it's probably my least favorite Spz shirt design anyways; in my opinion far to "busy" a design, very lacking in regular perspective in terms of mis en scene, to use a cinematographic analogy ... .
That shirt goes for silly prices on the rare occasion it's for sale. Personally, I love it - it makes a change from the uber-minimalist style running through the rest of the shirtography.

You're never gonna please everybody, but as someone who missed out, it was I that pushed to have that one included, hard fucking luck indeed... :wink:

Regarding colours - the best colour I've seen (and own) is this awesome dark purple for the 'Now My Soul's...' shirt. Beautiful!
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

spzretent wrote:Wow. One person. One vote. One surly message...
That's democracy for you. To paraphrase George W Bush - sometimes there is a thing as too much freedom...
O P 8
pale blue eyes
Known user

Post by pale blue eyes »

hmmmm. i have a Highest Show on Earth shirt if anybody is interested in a trade? it even glows in the dark! have to check the size but i believe it's a medium but they do run large hence why i have never worn it. :(

would be glad to trade for anything SP3 or SPZ related.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

"Shirtography" - I like it, though it's a new one on me!

Err...sorry Barry, no offence intended - honest guv ;-)

Apologies if my post was slightly OTT! I am of course indebted to our American brethren for getting this project started in the first place. I offer my profuse apologies if you folk interpreted what I posted above as some kind of criticism - without you initiating this project, there would be no possibility of a t-shirt - muchos apologias for any offence caused, thank you for the good work you are doing, getting this whole thing off the ground - a noble endeavour that is worthy of recognition!

PS where do I go to sell/cash in on my "Highest Show on Earth" t-shirt? It's barely been worn and is still glowing as well under blacklight as the day I bought it (having been stored safely in a drawer for circa 10 years).
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

does it have to have the tour dates on? i have a stones 'farewell tour' tshirt form 82 which is a bit too embarasing to wear. wouldn't it be better to make it timeless?

just me 2p :)
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Shinesalight wrote:From a selfish point of you I think it's a no to the Highest Show On Earth Design, but only because I've got that t-shirt already :wink: (am I right in thinking that was one of your hand-me-down Sighs?).
that would be correct Ads!

I voted for the Radio City poster design. very cool design

The Highest Show one is pretty damn cool too though, lets face it
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

BzaInSpace wrote: That shirt goes for silly prices on the rare occasion it's for sale. Personally, I love it - it makes a change from the uber-minimalist style running through the rest of the shirtography.
Really? How much? God, I don't take very good care of mine; I even wear it in bed and everything. It would definitely be described as "well worn" on ebay, but it still glows in the dark well enough. Incidentally, it's my shirt in the photo at the start of this thread - I took it as a favour for someone on the board ages ago :) Mine is one of the limited website reprints they did maybe eight years ago, rather than an original show t-shirt - I'm not that lucky! Happy to lend it out to help with the design, incidentally - just let me know if it's needed :)
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Isn't the Highest Show one taken from a comic?

God my memory is terrible i cant remember the author or the comic. im sure one of you will know, some British writer?? I'm p sure it's been discussed on here & the still/image put up too in one of the other forums.. I'll lookit tomorrow if nobody knows what I'm talking about..

http://forum.spiritualized.me/viewtopic ... mic#p92130
gonna burn brightly
for a while
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

I think it's Al Hartley?

he used to do Archie comics.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

davedecay wrote:this is the comic:
What follows are the scanned pages of the comic called "There's a New World Coming" by Fleming H. Revell Company, 1974, based on the book There's a New World Coming by Hal Lindsey, 1973. It was published by Vision House Publishers, Santa Ana, CA.
http://finkel.org/avi/revelation/index.html

The images are on pages 3, 4 and the last page.

davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

thanks for the link, ro
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

o Hal Lindsey :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: he makes fundemental right wing christans seem laissez faire. incidently dylan was into him during his 'conversion'. i've read one of his books. interesting in places, downright ignorent amd racist in others

heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

Not to be going disrespectful by going off-topic (especially seeing as Spaceman himself has endorsed this). But whilst we are all here-should a similar thing happen with posters, I've always really wanted the Jason and Kate Pure Phase poster. I'd really love to be able to get a hold of that. Thanks.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

ro wrote:
davedecay wrote:this is the comic:
no, thank you!
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

So, do i understand it right, that moderators asked and Jason gave his approval. That is cheerful.
It's an awesome opportunity - we have the green light from Jase himself, so why not think about something fresh and "contemporary". As the talk was in the beginning that it would be limited then it has anyway little chances to get outside of this board, so why not make out a new thing. Money? More about it later.
How many chances will there be to print exclusive t-shirts that Jase has approved? Next one coming in december? Doubtful. It might happen again, but lets do it cool already in the first time!

What is useless in here if can shout out - dates and actually everything that dates to a certain place and time.
I do like the "myspace" gig shirt, but even if the design is really nice i would still not buy it because Myspace written on the top of it annoies me.

i guess i can give out a little bit more money (thought not 80£) for a new and fresh designed limited edition t-shirt.
A slogan? well, lets not forget a little touch of humour and lets say "Ladies and gentlemen we will forever float in space".
Wasn't wicked that there were t-shirts with backside "Step eight - fuck being straight". Can we find more slogans from lyrics?
Maybe this is the idea how to run a competition to make new limited edition t-shirt?

i guess i will not buy this limited edition t-shirt if it will be again the re-run of "highest gig in the world".
i am more interested in new ideas and new perceptions.
thanks Barry for making up "shirtography", straight question from that appartment would be - what was that t-shirt around when SPZ had out "Smile/Sway" or "Run" singles. it was white in the middle, propably "smile/sway" laughing face in the middle and corners where your hands go through were blue - this totally stupid english, but i just do not know the right term for this kind of t-shirt.
if someone can clear it and fix it, then that would be nice.

anyway - navy blue in the middle and orange on the sides (same kind of orange as on "Guitar Loops" album").
something that makes us good to lay back in the sun.....
Last edited by veiko on Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Of the designs on offer I'd pick the Highest Show on Earth, though would really prefer a redesign of one of the LGM-Electric Mainline era shirts.

I second that it would be nice to be in a color that isn't black or white, and something high quality. Not American Apparel, though -- am uncomfortable with their corporate practices and felt ambivalent when I discovered one of my past Spz shirts was from them. And glow in the dark...?
pale blue eyes
Known user

Post by pale blue eyes »

alan, you can just have the shirt. it's been washed a few times over the years but never actually worn. it just sits in a drawer.

pm me if you need it and i can send it out.
pale blue eyes
Known user

Post by pale blue eyes »

veiko wrote:Wasn't wicked that there were t-shirts with backside "Step eight - fuck being straight".
YES! i miss mine dearly. it was hanging together by a few threads at the end!
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

If a new design was chosen some would say 'we want one of the old classic shirts', if a retro shirt was chosen some would say 'we need a new design'... Whatever happens someone will disagree.

The fact that Jason has blessed this idea through people on this message board is enough of a good thing for me. And the shirt I would most like isn't even one of the ones we're voting on, but I'm still smiling!
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

c'mon then Ruci, tell us which shirt you'd like?!

I think my favourite ever spz shirts were the pure phase glow in the dark sun, and before that a classic spz logo with lighting bolts.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

runcible wrote: And the shirt I would most like isn't even one of the ones we're voting on, but I'm still smiling!
clewsr wrote:...a classic spz logo with lighting bolts.
:wink:
O P 8
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

BzaInSpace wrote:
runcible wrote: And the shirt I would most like isn't even one of the ones we're voting on, but I'm still smiling!

ha ha, me and Runcible, great minds and all that ;)

I'll happily offer my very old tattered version of this for re-printing if you like!?
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

by the way, a few years back I bought a turquoise lightening bolt one from ebay. Unfortunately it was massive and I keep meaning to put it back on ebay but not got round to it.

If anyone is interested in a rather large size brand new t-shirt let me know!
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

Whatever design wins, one thing we all can agree on, is that it must be glow in the dark :lol:
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

clewsr wrote:
BzaInSpace wrote:

ha ha, me and Runcible, great minds and all that ;)

I'll happily offer my very old tattered version of this for re-printing if you like!?
Ha ha! I have a blue on blue one with a smallish Spz logo and the lightning bolts. It was also available in blue on white. My one is falling apart but I still wear it. It's my favourite Spz shirt.

There were others that were more popular back in the day, hence it not being in the selection available in this thread... I also believe it didn't sell well at the time so wasn't a great commercial success.
t0kdag0n
Known user

Post by t0kdag0n »

I'm in.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I'm willing to go along with the majority but I really can't believe that we've been given the chance to do a one-off design, backed by Jason himself, and the best we can come up with is a reprint of an old design....words fail me. :roll: I reckon Modlab could come up with something which would really add to the whole forum designed theme.

I still can't get to grips with putting photos/images on this forum but I think something like one of these would be more like it:-

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bLhcg7ix0M8/U ... ized_1.jpg

http://messmatch.com/wp-content/uploads ... h-wide.jpg

http://www.aquariumdrunkard.com/wp-cont ... alized.jpg

http://static.nme.com/images/gallery/08 ... 010408.jpg
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

hey spzretent. it's all good. everyone appreciates what you are doing.. this is just healthy debate and banter. the highest show is clearly the winner from the poll and I will surely buy one despite my earlier comment.

hope this makes sense. I've just consumed quote a lot of beer.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Going with that I've always wanted a shirt featuring a large full front print of this: http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http ... CDwQ9QEwBA

I'm inclined to agree with Shines too, would love to see a Modlab design. His poster design from a few years ago was way better than the official one doing the rounds at the time.

Whatever happens it's a great idea to be doing this. :)
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Looks like this is going to run and run and no matter what is proposed people will believe something else would have been better. The thing I would have liked isn't an option for instance but that's how it goes.

I've seen unofficial Spz stuff that is great, and many other bands too. There are a lot of creative people out there, and in this circle too, that goes without question.

The designs that have been listed are all approved by Jason which is why they were proposed in the first place. He likes them. Something tells me his opinion is possible more important than our own, no?
pale blue eyes
Known user

Post by pale blue eyes »

my girlfriend took a screening printing course for years and made me some of the most amazing band shirts. everything from the staple singers, skip james with john hurt, primal scream, spiritualized/sp3.

i love band shirts especially unique ones or one off's. i agree about tour dates, no need.

as much as i do like the highest show shirt, i too would rather see something original. if you have the chance go for it if it's all good with J. why not? maybe throw the idea out to anybody here to do a mock-up and see what you get. as someone stated there's a shitload of creative folk around here.

BUT!

with that said i've always wanted a shirt with J.s silver shoes and his scrawly signature below it. both in silver. but that's just me!
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Ever seen these?
Attachments
spz shoes.jpg
spz shoes.jpg (12.74 KiB) Viewed 11301 times
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

^^^
Nice shoes!

I'd like a monochrome or altered colors version of Fucked Up Inside on a shirt.

clewsr,

how big is the lightning bolt shirt?

trade you my old hand-made SP3 shirt, now a tank top? LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/d ... 0_0005.jpg
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I'm sorry if this has been brought up already (I haven't been here in a couple days and I'm about to go to bed)....

Why is a design that already exists as a shirt up for the design as the limited edition shirt? I noticed a few people already said they have it (I almost bought it a few years ago). I'm not bringing this up just to argue, but it seems like it shouldn't have been in the running in the first place - even if it has the most votes. We should have considered Mark's "lost poster" design of the circles.

That's my 2 cents. Despite the design there is a 98% chance of me buying it just out of love for the band and all yous. :D
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Toomilk - see my post above. The idea was put to Jason who blessed a limited print run from a selection of approved designs.

So many people are doing bootleg Spz shirts on Ebay and there are few officially sanctioned ones out there. This was a way of doing something official which will give Jason a little money by doing it right.

I agree that we have creative people on board who can produce cool designs - our own Modlab included - but if you tender this out for a new design it gets very complicated as everything obviously has to go back to Jason for his approval - which, as you might imagine, is not the quickest process.

This way an existing design is offered and voted on and the most votes wins and the shirts get printed very quickly. If I'm honest I'm not that keen on the Highest Show shirt but loads of people are and that's what is important. Looks like that is what will happen as it's the most popular.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

I now understand everything, cheers spzretent. even if you told almost all that already in the beginning, i now finally got the full picture when you told all the facts for the second time. keep the faith and lets hope it will turn out highly amazing. simple as that. it's easy - after the gig, when you approach the merchandise stand, seldom you already plan ahead to buy everything what there is, so it is same with this project - if you have something else on your mind, then skip it and enjoy something else!
10 years? vau, that is a long time.... i did not vote, because my ideal t-shirt is not among them, but i am very curious to see what comes out of it.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

I've voted for the highest show on earth t-shirt - while it's obviously in reference to a specific gig, I like the fact that it doesn't have the date/venue or anything on it.

Also, to go against the grain slightly in relation to some other comments on this thread, I actually would prefer the t-shirt to be mainly white in colour - I find that coloured shirts, and in particular dark-coloured shirts can be susceptible to fading over time, and that a white one would last longer.

Just my two cents though, I'm sure whatever is decided will look great, and I'd definitely be up for buying one.
pale blue eyes
Known user

Post by pale blue eyes »

spzretent wrote:Ever seen these?

ha! yep had seen those somewhere over the years, quite possible here. they're fantastic, especially as they were made by Keds!
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

spzretent wrote:Ever seen these?
and my sole's been spiritualized

The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

spzretent wrote:Last word on this.
I thought we were doing some thing cool here. I have been after Jason for years about doing something like this. I was given his blessing in Columbus. This was 10 years of planting seeds and finally getting an ok. I ran some ideas by Jason. He agreed.
What we thought was the best approach was doing shirts which were very limited, sold for ridiculous amounts on ebay, and otherwise unobtainable. Something simple, easy to do with as few colors as possible on a high quality shirt. Hence involving the message board. I am sure you have great ideas. The decision was narrowed down to the five shirts. One of which I am still waiting to hear back on whether we can use it or how much it will cost.

The poll closes this weekend.
I will handle the printing and all other info from there.
:D what will be your next project?