All of the above.

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

jack white
Known user

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by jack white »

i really hope andrea dies.
she is relentlessly annoying.

kinda half expect the guv'nor to make it out. i hope he doesn't die. that he either gets turned or survives. he'd be a badass zombie.

he'll probably die & andrea & the annoying pipsqueak doctor from woodbury will live to piss me off for another season.

let the heads roll!
gonna burn brightly
for a while
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

[quote="jack white"]think herschel is defo gonna die & maybe his younger daughter or maggie.

That's a good shout :!:
'Remember, change is not good'
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

jack white wrote:i really hope andrea dies.
she is relentlessly annoying.

kinda half expect the guv'nor to make it out. i hope he doesn't die. that he either gets turned or survives. he'd be a badass zombie.

he'll probably die & andrea & the annoying pipsqueak doctor from woodbury will live to piss me off for another season.

let the heads roll!
haha, yes. 'milton' needs to die!
i'm not sure i can see them killing off andrea, but it would be good if that finally happened.
hershel and the younger daughter add nothing to the show so they should be axed too. too many characters = less tension.
same goes for rick's boy and the forgettable woman who daryl likes. it's just occurred to me how many characters i really don't like/care about.

perhaps milton could remain if he turned mad scientist and killed the govenor only to take over woodberry for his own (evil) experiments. he would keep the gov's head in a jar, of course. :D
Laz69 wrote:£5 says either Glen or Maggie die... or maybe both! :D
ok, you're on!
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I win some kind of mega-prize for picking Andrea to go, right? I was surprised that the Governor didn't get what was coming to him, but it's kind of cool knowing that he's still out there somewhere being batshit crazy.

Now, how in the hell are they going to scrounge enough food to feed all of the people that they took in at the prison!?!
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Not much of a cliffhanger..

Really disappointed in this season. Got no excitement for nxt yr. the videogame was much better. Prob gonna check out the comics. Tv show has turned p crap..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

i was really pleased they killed off Milton/Andrea... but yeah, how was there no actual fight? aside from the one part with the governor being badass the whole episode was pretty lame. Thank god Game of Thrones is finally back to replace it.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Saw the finale last night... more than a little disappointed in it. Can understand the approach taken, but can't help but feel a little short changed.
Glad Milton and Andrea are gone as they were really buggin me but why not let them go out in a sea of zombie rage??? Seems a bit of a timid end to these "main" character roles...

Hope this isn't a sign of things running out of steam...
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Don't think Andrea has gone :wink: Filming season 4 now :D
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

am still laughing about that scene in the shop when the roof started caving in.

if only it would keep up this tempo, but prob all those clips in the "on the upcoming season" trailer will be the entire season like the last 2 have been..

anyway off to a good start. rick's plot was kinda ugh this again?! the flip side was really where all of twd's focus should be on: cheap zombie thrills.

for a season opener tho it could've been a little bigger, better. was kinda indicative of the malaise which has, pardon the pun, plagued the show so far.

the cool ending tho, & the focus on the zombie enemy (w/some of the funnest deaths in a while), do suggest reasons for optimism for the season ahead.

they need to start pruning the cast again. it should near enough be a week-to-week thing. but it defo needs to occur more regularly than has happened since s01.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Starts on Friday night in UK will deffo be tuning in although I have just overdosed (no pun intended) on Breaking Bad which was a stunning series which has taken TV drama to another level :shock: Just hope WD S4 can get somewhere near it!
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Its a good start to the new series... after some initial feet dragging (no pun intended), it picked up pace and had some tension and excitement. I fear, however, things are not going to remain calm for long... :twisted: :twisted:
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Two shows in and I'm loving it again, hope it keeps up :!:
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Nice whodunnit going on... And I think Rick has his mojo back!
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Just starting eps 2 & 3 now
Think tyreese's lady friend is going to die soon..

Edit ha someone coughed & got it in the neck instead. Ha some sweet zombie eating there.
She's still ripe for dying tho..

Laughed when the fence started giving in & one guys head got squashed & split open.
This 2nd ep has been good. Lots of character development & fun zombie stuff. Too early yet to say it's back on form but season off to good start..

Could do w/o carol & these two girls tho. Meh.

Ep3 hasn't been too hot so far.. Still got 10minsleft but I don't think we're going to get it wrapped up til nxt week. Don't think they'll get to vet clinic & back in 10mins unfortunately.. Boring ep don't really care if carol killed those other two randoms..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Building up nicely to the mid-season finale! And to think I thought The Governor had gone soft :!:
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Doing mid-season finale right now..

Not really expecting much but intro was fun..

Ha Megan!
Won't someone think of the children?!

I fucking love kirk Acevedo: time for you to leave, asshole!

Kill em all

That scene w/ the head removal was an suitably epic sendoff
& it looks like maggie(?) is done for too..

Ha this is brilliant finally some payoff for last season!

Ah for fuck sake dont shoot him in the head let him come back as a zombie! That was the only minor flaw in an AWESOME episode.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

moop wrote:but yeah, how was there no actual fight?
this is a quote from april.
they really dragged it out didn't they? they could've done all this as the finale of last yr. . oh well now it's been done & been done well i'm excited about the show again. just please don't let them slow it down again. them being homeless should help spice things up.

maybe they should try & find an aeroplane & try another continent.. why's nobody thunk of that yet? are all the pilots in the americas already zombified?
wouldn't be much of a show tho rick & his son walking round europe.. the walking bored.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Absolute belting mid-season finale, had everything don't want to go into detail for fear of spoiling but if you haven't seen yet you are in for a treat. February seems so far away :(
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Back on Monday night here on Fox :D
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

A good start, Michonne in particularly good sword wielding form :!: And for once a happy ending to an episode, can't see it lasting :lol:
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Carl ... what the fuck? Bad acting. Mega irritating character. I wasn't thrilled with this episode.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Snoozefest

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
gonna burn brightly
for a while
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

am done w/this p.o.s. show.

i vaguely remember when it used to be funny. am i wrong?!
now?? god almighty. a show for teenage girls is what it is.
44mins of my life down the toilet. thanks a lot. lesson fucking learnt. another show consigned to the rubbish heap, chronologically it'll fit in besides house of fucking cards & just-shit-the-bed justified. ho hum. fingers crossed true detective doesn't blow it in it's finale.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

After a superb mid-season finale I'm sorry to say this series is going downhill rapidly, too many episodes that don't go anywhere. Going to stick with it in the hope that the producers have something up their sleeves but not holding my breath :(

On a more postive note is anybody watching Line Of Duty on BBC2, brilliant second series about police corruption. Up to fourth episode out of six and still cant work out where it's going to go, twists a plenty, BBC drama at its best :D
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Well, the kidnapping sure was unexpected, but I'm still kinda bored. Too much aimless meandering through the woods.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

TheWarmth wrote:Well, the kidnapping sure was unexpected, but I'm still kinda bored. Too much aimless meandering through the woods.
Yes can only have so many zombies popping up from behind trees before it becomes a little tedious! Showing signs of improvement with the kidnapping though :)

I'm kinda getting a little distracted with Line Of Duty at the minute, just brilliant :D
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Christ, man! Last night's episode was HEAVY. I'm still kind of reeling from it. Anyone else catch it?
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

TheWarmth wrote:Christ, man! Last night's episode was HEAVY. I'm still kind of reeling from it. Anyone else catch it?
I have it recorded will watch tonight.

One observation, Rick hasn't been in many episodes of 2nd half of series :?
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

TheWarmth wrote:Christ, man! Last night's episode was HEAVY. I'm still kind of reeling from it. Anyone else catch it?
Wow back with a bang, didn't see that coming, powerful stuff :!:
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

throat biting = great tv

so, is everyone accounted for bar that beth girl?
she must of been being served as dinner..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I don't think Beth was captured by the Terminus folk. I got the impression that they have enough walk-in traffic to maintain their cannibal lifestyle. They probably don't need to be driving around kidnapping people.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Season 5 starts Oct 13th on Fox in UK :D
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

well..??

that was p decent opening.. :wink:
gonna burn brightly
for a while
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

WHAMMO!!!!! Its back!

Flaming Zombies!!!!

Perfect!

8)
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I liked it. The scene where three (or four?) prisoners at Terminus get their throats cut was pretty brutal. The one bit that I thought was completely unbelievable was Carol managing to fire a bottle rocket with expert accuracy to spark the Terminus explosion.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Talk about hit the ground running! Great start :D
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

ep 2 was crap.
40 mins of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
2mins of fun.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

maggie just dngaf about blondie.
she's like the world's worst sister.
you'd have thunk last week when they were slo-mo walking (dead) thru the forest or supping wine in the church daryl or her would have had a yarn about blondie? but no... she just hops on a bus & rides off into the sunset w/glen..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

I love Rick's cold-blooded side... my wife is a little concerned :lol: :lol: :lol:
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Laz69 wrote:I love Rick's cold-blooded side... my wife is a little concerned :lol: :lol: :lol:
Couldn't agree more great scene in the church :!: This series has started well and has got even darker. I like to try and predict which of the main characters will die next and pretty much a no-brainer (no pun intended!) for the first one to go!

Loving it :D
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

BVCP206 wrote: pretty much a no-brainer
Ha!
gonna burn brightly
for a while
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Loving the fact that although Rick is regarded as the 'good guy' this series really seems to have him 'on the edge' so to speak. Anybody know if it's going to be the usual mid-season break after ep 8?
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

From what i gathered from my wife, i do believe there is a break coming up as most of her shows are finishing up. One more episode then its off until 8th February 2015...
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Fuckin hell... what a way to leave things!

:o
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Laz69 wrote:Fuckin hell... what a way to leave things!

:o
Your are not kidding, stunning mid-season finale didn't see that coming :shock:

Roll on Feb :!:
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

The mid-season finale depressed me. What a downer. The actual events that happened (and which i will not spoil right now should anyone not have seen it- I'm not facebook or Twitter, after all :p) were really horrific, unexplainable and pretty much negates what we had been watching the last few episodes in the dull (and full of boring characters) hospital. Aside from the fact that it didn't make much sense thematically or physically either (how can anyone draw a gun and aim it that quickly?). Seems like a huge slap in the face to the viewer, I think. We are presented with a jumbled mess of a story that hasn't made much sense for weeks, but hey it doesnt matter because we will bump someone off and they'll all be tuning in come January. This show is becoming as lazy and insipid as Homeland did in its third season. And like that show, I don't think TWD writers have a clue what they're doing. I was properly geared up when Carol was taken to the hospital and Daryl and Everybody Hates Chris were going to get her and Beth back. It could have been epic. They pissed it up the wall. What a waste. But then again, they wasted the story of the characters being imprisoned in Terminus this season already. Maybe I should have known better.

Aside from the twist in the plot, I've found the writing especially poor so far this season. It's verging on tv-movie sentiment with Australian soap heart-to-heart mashed in with sporadic perilous situations. There seems to be very little in the way of actual plot development, more "who can we kill off and shock everyone into watching next year?" Focusing on a character who is pretty much ignored since their arrival, and giving them a few starring episodes is usually a dead giveaway. But the totally redundant feeling it leaves in the viewer is a bit cheap and tacky. The difference between the way this show handles killing off characters and the way Game of Thrones handles it is like night and day.

I'd say there's been several instances in this show's history where they built up an amazing situation or set-piece (and usually shamefully at the end of a mid-season or season), only for the heroes to miraculously be saved by intruding walkers or someone turning up just in the nick of time. Terminus? Escaped it in one episode. Daryl and Merle fight to the death? Interrupted before they could even begin. Also, the decisions made by some characters are absolutely inexplicable and plain stupid. Don't get me started on the annoying priest who's displayed zero bravery who suddenly decides to head out on his own unarmed. Or even better, Rick and Carol suddenly ok with one another despite the fact he abandoned her in the middle of nowhere because he can't trust her.

Mega rant over. I will probably watch it until Carl dies. But I bet he ends up bumping off Rick one day. Wait and see.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Each to their own but personally I think that the amount of stunning climatic scenes far outweigh the one's which didn't quite hit the mark!

I may be proved wrong but think Rick Grimes is the ONLY character they couldn't kill off whatever the circumstances.

I still maintain this is an amazing show and in my opinion second only to B Bad in its ability to throw in the unexpected and make your jaw drop.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Starts again on Fox 9th Feb in UK :D
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Yep... can't wait!
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Brilliant opener, did not see that coming :shock:
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Very good episode; deep and meaningful.

Lets hope they get their blood lust back soon though... :D
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Thought it was a bit lame & unnecessary myself.mgood send off but just seemed like when Noah & Carter from the wire joined they'd filled their quota of black actors & it was onl a matter of time til one of them got killed off.. I'm not really even joking.

Are there no zombie dogs?
Not being much of a dog lover myself I kinda enjoyed the latest ep.. Far too much mopey BS, mind. Mopey dicks. Dunno if I could be bothered to group together post-apocalypse if this is the irrational way people are going to carry on! Better to be a lone wolf than have to deal w/people n their issues is the one thing I think I can take from this show..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Slow burner this week again but less "deep" :lol:

I could shed 25% of the current group purely based on their fuckin moaning... doubt i'd be one for dealing with that shit come the zombie apocalypse. That's how my plan does not involve taking strangers along when it hits! :lol:

But somehow i sense things are about to take a turn...
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

Thankfully, no contagion filled Undead are a problem, but the show is interesting; ghastly special effects, but they are done well. I enjoy Science Fiction, and in THIS Program, the Props of all manner of Weaponry, both real and "created" are a major part of the show, and I thought some of you may enjoy seeing something a little "different".

Although free of Zombies where I live, There ARE venomous Snakes, the occasional Crazy-MEAN and often, Fairly Large Wild Boar, VERY CRANKY Wolverines that are most unforgiving, and the rare example of a rabid animal that attacks. So, while in the Country, and out in the deep brush and woodlands, I often carry this in a Bandolier Chest Holster that places the weapon in easy reach for rapid firing if needed; it is a tool that fits its purpose.

It fits perfectly in my briefcase.

Below: The Custom Serbu "Shorty" 6.5" Barrel 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun; (a stock photo); Legal nomenclature -
an "AOW" (Any Other Weapon); it is a special process weapon that requires special permits; The process required to obtain this weapon is very lengthy and very detailed, even where I live!
Attachments
Custom Serbu "Shorty" Pump-action 12 gauge Shotgun
Custom Serbu "Shorty" Pump-action 12 gauge Shotgun
serbu2A.png (279.27 KiB) Viewed 39387 times
Last edited by semisynthetic on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

i think i would enjoy blowing zombie's heads off with that.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

I have avoided this thread successfully as I'm now hooked but only on Season 2 episode 10 as of tonight. Bloody marvelous stuff though, frustratingly i can get past page 2 of this thread before spoilers !
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

my mate and I like to wait till a few episodes have been aired so we can blitz this... it gets really hard to avoid spoilers, especially when a show like this is not afraid to suddenly kill off main characters (definitely one of its strengths). the biggest moment for me so far has been when the governor beheaded Hershal.. shocking.

I am not sure how much longer they can maintain this show, though? there is only so many shock deaths they can do before we might get desensitized. and "oh look they have discovered another human community but it's not what it seems.." has also been done a few times.

it's a great, riproaring show with lots of cliffhangers and drama. but I don't think it's a classic. there's also not many extra layers or themes to it except the whole "the real enemy are other human beings" thing. it's a soap opera with extra decapitations :)
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Until they start decapitating the casts of Coronation St and Eastenders, I'll stick with this! ;)
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I have watched a few episodes; not enough to know the names of the characters nor their backgrounds and so on.

Special Effects are well done; and the Idea of Preparedness is a very useful one. When storms hit in my part of the woods, I sometimes need to use a generator to maintain the level of comfort I have spoiled myself with; and I keep sufficient foodstuffs and potable water in case of emergencies; something that seems so reasonable no matter where one lives. A favorite hunting rifle hangs over the back door in case I see "soup".

I watched what I believe is the newest episode, though I'm not certain. The roving gang ends up in a fortified "planned neighborhood" where the people who live there appear, well, weak. Hoping to Avoid "Spoilers", I'll say no more than to add this, in a time of crisis of such proportion as this program portrays, to gather up and store weapons for "safety" sounds way too Politically Correct for me, and logistically flawed, but again, this new Fortress has a great weakness, and it is the current occupants and the lack of proactive rules they choose to attempt to remain alive by.

I was pleased and interested to see the idea of desensitization mentioned, the mass extermination of these walking undead by destroying the remnants of the brain. These remarkably realistic, and therefore usually horrible effects are central to the show, along with the array of weaponry.

By the way, a suppressed weapon, using the correct ammunition will be essentially silent unless it is a remarkably powerful cartridge, like the .50 caliber BMG; the .223 caliber, when suppressed w/ subsonic speed ammo, the fired round will be essentially silent. If I fire this round, as I have observed on the show, suppressed; you can hear the hammer fall within the rifle, and if you are close enough, you can hear where the projectile hits the target (of paper on wood); but the sound effects guys on the Program insert a sound that is clearly heard; not incorrect - because in this Apocalyptic World, she may have fired conventional ammunition, and that would give a "quieted" but not silent firing.

It seems that the Zombies continue to deteroriate; so there must come a point when they are so decayed, despite any "primal desire" to feed, they will collapse under their own rotting structures; so what will keep the show going when all that is left are decayed bodies so thoroughly decayed, they can no longer advance and there is nothing left but the stench to attack and offend?
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

few things responding to semi's post, might contain spoilers/speculation & stuff from the comics:

- the new fortress & it's weakness
apparently in the comics there are other communities nearby & this fortress, alexandria, is under the protection/control of one of these communities. if this is the case it might help explain their actions in putting the weapons into storage..
their motivations haven't been revealed yet so it's still speculation, but from the history of the show you can bet they have some nefarious reason for putting the guns into storage rather than through lack of thought.

- the deterioration of the zombies
great point, & it has become something of a plot hole. the decay & speed of it/timeframe was touched upon once or twice (at least once i can remember, at the end of season 1). but now we're like 3 years or so after the infection & it's kinda been ignored in the storytelling as to how so many zombies are still functioning at such capacity. the show doesn't really deal (well) with the science behind it. it's not something the writers spend much time focusing on..

- in terms of how accurate/correct they are w/their gun sounds
well, i'd imagine it's similar to what producers of space films/shows do, add in sound for impact rather than accuracy.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

jack white wrote:few things responding to semi's post, might contain spoilers/speculation & stuff from the comics:

- the new fortress & it's weakness
apparently in the comics there are other communities nearby & this fortress, alexandria, is under the protection/control of one of these communities. if this is the case it might help explain their actions in putting the weapons into storage..
their motivations haven't been revealed yet so it's still speculation, but from the history of the show you can bet they have some nefarious reason for putting the guns into storage rather than through lack of thought.

- the deterioration of the zombies
great point, & it has become something of a plot hole. the decay & speed of it/timeframe was touched upon once or twice (at least once i can remember, at the end of season 1). but now we're like 3 years or so after the infection & it's kinda been ignored in the storytelling as to how so many zombies are still functioning at such capacity. the show doesn't really deal (well) with the science behind it. it's not something the writers spend much time focusing on..

- in terms of how accurate/correct they are w/their gun sounds
well, i'd imagine it's similar to what producers of space films/shows do, add in sound for impact rather than accuracy.
The Fortress:
(I did not know there were comic books); but I see these "Fortress" people appearing as "tamed Suburbanites" who may not have reason to Fear their "Fortress" could easily succumb to this invited roving band, who, although lacking in technology, have the Will, Skills and Ability to seize it; and since the dire situation makes quick acquisition of weaponry an immediate necessity, it still seems strange to me to keep weaponry for "safeties sake alone" unavailable to all, unless there are "unknown" to the roving band (and the audience) some specified group always with weapons and varied arms on their person; I found it strange that the bow (and arrows) were not "impounded for safety"; although I do not use a bow, I know several people who are very proficient with one. The surreal nature of this "Gated Community" reminded me immediately of the old idiom "If it is too good to be true it probably is"; I wondered if the writers made the Fortress Leader a "Congresswoman"; someone who may "read people" and a situation, but otherwise be absolutely inept in the fundamentals she finds herself in "control" of; and where was her husband, the "engineer" who constructed the first parts of the Wall?
(All of the Happy Happy Joy Joy of Suburban Gated Communities made ME want to get out of the one I lived in for 14 months in California as a kid, even without some Apocalyptic background; it was just too weird!)
I believe the "Fortress People" to either have GOOD REASON to appear overly sure of themselves, or to indeed be inept; one of the two; with the missing "husband-engineer" a member of an as yet unseen hierarchy at a different location, (or he is no longer extant for some as yet unknown reason).

Deterioration of the Zombies
This does seem to be the time limiting story unless the writers come up with something amazing; or it is yet another disassociation of belief and reality necessary for Fiction; perhaps I know too little of the early subtleties that might explain it; for even cartilage and the most wire-like of sinews would be goo in a single summer's heat; and surely continual bacterial decay is not prevented by this "plague"; I suppose the continuous infection of evermore isolated areas and cities keep a steady supply of Zombies for ever more complicated head shots for the special effects people to explore.

Accuracy of Weapon Discharge Sounds

A minor point certainly; but the arrows of Robin Hood, (with Errol Flynn), had a distinctive sound given by the method in which they were made; and since most people are likely not personally acquainted with suppressed or "silenced" weapons, I simply thought some may find the stagecraft used here interesting, being not quite right, as you alluded to space "sounds", where of course the emptiness of space would not allow.
Last edited by semisynthetic on Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paracelsus
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Ominous statement from Rick at end of last episode :!: Am loving this show :D
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I do not wish to turn this into a "Firearms Thread"; but after a little bit of thought, this Glock SBR (short-barrel-rifle) w/ C-Beta Drum, internal laser and folding fore-grip would be an excellent choice; the fore-grip makes this pistol a SBR (and yes, I have all the paperwork and permits); the fore-grip gives excellent control, but folds up and out of the way, and the easily obtained 9mm ammunition is considerably lighter than some of the rifles used on the show; "Over-kill", really. This example has a threaded barrel for a suppressor, (which I did not show), it is just a thick tube on the outside; the physics of how it works INSIDE is very interesting, however.
In a recent episode, "Rick" hid a similar Glock pistol outside the "Fortress" to find that........(I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, no matter how minor). :D

From my Collection: A Glock SBR w/ folding fore-grip, internal laser (suppressor not shown) and a 100 round 9x19mm drum; it is a light, accurate, and multitasking tool.

Two or three full drums could easily be carried in the world of "The Walking Dead", post-Apocalyptic scenario from the series. A very interesting series that I find I enjoy, surprisingly; it presents many perplexing and logistical possibilities; and human nature being what it is in a genuine Crisis- often very Darwinian!
Attachments
GLOCK SBR w/ an Internal Laser, Drum and folding Fore-grip in 9mm Parabellum
GLOCK SBR w/ an Internal Laser, Drum and folding Fore-grip in 9mm Parabellum
GLOCK SBR w Drum and folding Fore-grip75x3.jpg (204.46 KiB) Viewed 39526 times
Paracelsus
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Best face rip since 1985's Day Of The Dead... real return to gore-y form!
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I agree that the special effects are really well done - little by little the details create a very realistic, believable event.
Paracelsus
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

jack white wrote:Thought it was a bit lame & unnecessary myself.mgood send off but just seemed like when Noah & Carter from the wire joined they'd filled their quota of black actors & it was onl a matter of time til one of them got killed off.. I'm not really even joking.

Heh.

Am enjoying these insights into semisynthetic's armoury. & how effective they'd be in the eventual post apocalyptic world.. Be that zombies or otherwise. Ahem..
gonna burn brightly
for a while