What Are You Watching Now?

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

niamhm
Known user

Re: What Are You Watching Now?

Post by niamhm »

jack white wrote:watched the House of Cards on Netflix during the week.

afterwards i dreamt of iphones & blackberrys. when i closed my eyes it was like the apple icon was burned into the back of my eyelids.
just finished watching this at the weekend , enjoyed it a lot ,except the ending , 2nd series coming? seem to remember watching the BBC version years ago and being glued to it as well , need to try and see it again ,although the Netflicks series would stand up to a repeat viewing as well I feel ,best thing I`ve saw Spacey do in quite a while,
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Hofstadter wrote:Louie's the best.

This. New season has been very good so far. I think it prob is the best tv show I watch these days.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

The Trip To Italy. Hilarious, as was the first series.

Season two of Hannibal. Man, I love this programme. Visually stunning and nicely fucked up.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

love hannibal.. 2nd season has been brilliant.
the only problem is i get so damn hungry watching it. it's worse than bloody masterchef. (here's a blog from the food stylist - tho there are spoilers here if you haven't seen it as it airs in america: http://janicepoonart.blogspot.co.uk/ )
the gore quota surpasses the walking dead w/ease & it's far funnier than p much anything else out there as well as being a fun & tense drama. great show.

love the trip also. the decision to take it to italy was obv but still inspired. both seasons were great. prob the best show either of them has done since coogan was at his partridge best. a bit too much w/the impersonation contests tho.. they can't have a meal w/o busting out some michael caine or whoever. they just cant have a normal meal! neither can hannibal tho so..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

The BBC iplayer has some pretty good Glastonbury set`s up for the next month watched BJM, Mogwai and Temples this morning as I pluttered about the house, also the Jack White set is shit hot, saw that earlier in the week, got me thinking about getting a ticket to see him in Nov. :)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Was anyone following Gomorrah on Sky Atlantic? It was all about crime families in Naples. Really good, I certainly didn't expect the ending of series 1 to turn out like that. Looking forward to a second series.

Apparently there is also a book and film telling the same story.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

the film is fantastic. haven't had the chance to do the tv show as yet.
did you ever do romanzo criminale? i haven't done it either but really want to. just finding the time & energy - shamefully these days when i try to do subtitled stuff i more often than not fall asleep.. need to get a day or two & start in the mornings. that's like a dream.. it'll never be a reality until i'm too old & living in a nursing home.. and my eyesight will be too bad to even see the subtitles.. & the little old ladies wouldn't want me watching that stuff anyway..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

jack white wrote:the film is fantastic. haven't had the chance to do the tv show as yet.
did you ever do romanzo criminale? i haven't done it either but really want to.
I've heard nothing but good things about the film, must seek it out. Never got round to Romanzo Criminale, thought about it then decided i was watching too much telly already and didn't want to get stuck into another series. Sometimes it's good to call a halt...
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

The Killing
Shoulders back, smash it
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

(I've been flat on my back for what seems like an eternity, recovering from a bad break); so I have watched A Great MANY films lately; one that I found amusing and filled with many of my favorite British Actors is Peter O'Toole et al in "The Ruling Class". It was a gift and had been unknown to me; it turned out to be VERY different than I imagined, and must have been a lot of fun for those involved to make. A DVD Released On the Criterion Label, 1974.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

jack white wrote:
Hofstadter wrote:Louie's the best.

This. New season has been very good so far. I think it prob is the best tv show I watch these days.

Best show on TV. Oh god I near died at the start of the most recent episode.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Inside no. 9, wonderful little gem of a programme on BBC 2 which I think is better than the first series. Shearsmith & Pemberton combine comedy & horror with brilliant twists and turns perfectly. :D
'Remember, change is not good'
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

BVCP206 wrote:Inside no. 9, wonderful little gem of a programme on BBC 2 which I think is better than the first series. Shearsmith & Pemberton combine comedy & horror with brilliant twists and turns perfectly. :D
Seconded. The last series was sensational too.
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Thirded
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Can't decide which fave episode so far, Witch trials or Call centre :?:
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Silent burglars from series 1 still the best so far..
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

sm-iom wrote:Silent burglars from series 1 still the best so far..
^^ What he said. That was a beauty...

But the dead pop star's balloon was close...
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

BVCP206 wrote:Can't decide which fave episode so far, Witch trials or Call centre :?:
I think every episode this series has been better than the last, so far. I wasn't especially impressed with the first one - Jack Whitehall's acting was really poor, plus I thought Reece Shearsmith's character was a bit hammy. But after that it's been great - love some of the well known faces in guest roles (except Jack Whitehall). Somehow I managed to miss the first series, once this ones finished I'm gonna look online for it.

For fans of iPlayer binge viewing - the new Peter Kay Car Share show has all 6 episodes available until 11.59pm tonight. Then it'll be on as normal when each episode's broadcast. It's very funny - same kind of humour as That Peter Kay Thing and Phoenix Nights (as opposed to his broad stand-up with stupid catchphrases like "garlic bread"). Best car-based show since Marion & Geoff. Don't recognize his co-star, but she's really funny too!

Very well written, with their local radio station Forever FM in a role almost like another cast member - the fictional ads are hilarious, whilst the choice of music is inspired. I thought Peter Kay had lost his touch with all that stand-up rubbish (especially the last one - The Tour That Didn't Tour ... or make me laugh) but this is right on the money - episode 2 is my favourite, will never be able to take dog walking seriously again ;)

Loved the hour long episode starting season two of W1A, as good as the brilliant first series. Hope this one's longer than 4 episodes. John Morton is a genius writer and director. If folks haven't watched W1A - it's as nearly as funny as his 90s Radio 4 and BBC comedy People Like Us. Am pleased he's got so many cast members from that in the current show, obviously not Chris Langham for obvious reasons.

Formula 1 fans note that the Malaysia Grand Prix runs out at 4pm today on iPlayer. If you wanted to rewatch quali it's too late! It wasn't a classic race, but worth watching for Rosberg's whinging and ever-shrinking balls. On current form I can see him finishing 4th in the WDC this year, behind both Vettel and Kimi - assuming Ferrari have aero and engine upgrades coming that'll better match Mercedes's development.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

W1A and Car Share both excellent.

One scene of Dog Walking episode of Car Share reduced me and my good lady to tears :lol:
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

just started season 2 of silicon valley- brilliant comedy show!
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Yea such a funny show ^
Laughing about it now, just thinking about it.

& goodbye to mad men. bringing the curtain down on the golden generation of TV. It was a great show & thought both parts of final season were tremendous. Going to miss it. Was depressing as hell shot thru with hilarity. Offered some glimpse at serenity in its finale w/o being saccharine, they pulled it off really well.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

silcon valley- opening of season 2 (contains spoliers from series one)

The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

BVCP206 wrote:Inside no. 9, wonderful little gem of a programme on BBC 2 which I think is better than the first series. Shearsmith & Pemberton combine comedy & horror with brilliant twists and turns perfectly. :D
can you tell me more about this? i believe those names ring a bell with the league of gentlemen

sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

The return of Hannibal :D

Unfortunately, the first episode was a triumph of style over substance.
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Humans on C4. Good start.

Reminded me of the great film Westworld, which I see HBO are remaking and showing in the Autumn. Hopeful it'll be ok, unlike the reimagining of The Prisoner a few years ago.
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

Mr Robot

a very promising start
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Psychedelic Britannia shown on BBC4 Friday night. 11 minutes in there's a guy who's the spit of Shaun Ryder!

Programme itself was ok, focused on 1965-70. Was hoping for a bit more from it. Probably needed more than an hour to do it justice.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

sunray wrote:Psychedelic Britannia shown on BBC4 Friday night. 11 minutes in there's a guy who's the spit of Shaun Ryder!

Programme itself was ok, focused on 1965-70. Was hoping for a bit more from it. Probably needed more than an hour to do it justice.
I caught this programme too and really liked it. great to see psych music covered on telly like this. I guess it didn't teach me anything new but still great.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Two of my men, assaulted just this morning in the appropriation of donuts..

Fargo.
Shaping up to be one of the best tv shows/series ever. Season 1 was brilliant, alone it would stand as one of the all time great shows. Season 2 taken a little while longer to warm up & not as perfect as season 1 was but it's hitting its stride now.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Hedspace wrote:Mr Robot

a very promising start
A week ago I had never heard of Mr. Robot, then a mate recommended it and gave me all of the first series. Just finished it and found it very enjoyable. I detect a big Fight Club influence as well as American Psycho plus a hint of Breaking Bad. Although it's not in the same league as Walter White's tale.

Conicidentally, just two days later it premiered on Universal and Syfy, so i'm going to watch it again weekly!
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »