New JAMC reissues

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

James T
Known user

New JAMC reissues

Post by James T »

Seems like all the JAMC albums have been remastered AGAIN at half speed and pressed on heavyweight lp and are out next month. Same label as the last reissues. I never picked up any represses I only have them all original, wondering if I should invest, once i have some money to spare of course.... What do people think to these? Did anyone grab the last ones? £25 per album is a bit much.
sunray
Known user

Re: New JAMC reissues

Post by sunray »

Haven't heard them but they are the same versions that are in the vinyl boxset released last year. You could probably buy that and save a few quid plus get a couple of extra lps that come with it to boot : Peel Sessions and Live in Concert.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Nope, these are new superior 2014 remasters apparently?
PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

I'm sure these will be the same masters as the 2013 box set. They were mastered at half speed too. Anyone thinking of getting these - the quality is excellent. I got the box set for xmus and love it.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Whilst I'd love to collect the vinyl for posterity, unfortunately financial circumstances prevent me from indulging.

However I am interested in CDs, if there are new remasters - the online information is hard to navigate, to put it mildly.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

The remastered cd's (2cd 1dvd) are available.