I've got the Spacemen book!!!

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

Ruddster

I've got the Spacemen book!!!

Post by Ruddster »

Well folks it's finally turned up from HMV.co.uk, and it is really quite a pleasant surprise. For a start it is a lot thicker than I thought it was gonna be, I thought it was gonna be more like those magazine style books you see on bands. But no it is a "proper" book. The photographs are also really good with loads from Sonics collection that have never seen the light of day showing Jason and Sonic looking very young and fresh faced.
Anyway can't wait to get it home and get started on it.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

hey good stuff :D Hope Amazon get their copies soon...
AcepHale, Inc.
Known user

Post by AcepHale, Inc. »

hi,
I'm so glad to hear the book is officially off and running--unfortunately I still have not seen a finished copy and I wrote the damn book...might someone tell me about its appearance? I was told it was over 300 pages (which I had expected) and that my picture was on the back--is it? and the photos inside: do they look good?

anyway, to everyone who waited on tenterhooks for a book that I even doubted might see the light of day, I hope you enjoy it--No it was certainly not a magazine book...I promise you I wouldn't have spent 2 1/2 years on something if it were not comprehensive and a bit 'philosophical'...

as for me, no more rock books in my future although I have recently fallen madly for Fennesz...

take care,
eric
Jebus Sabes
Known user

Post by Jebus Sabes »

will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

Shit...you HAD to post that...? I'd just got back to being able to sleep with the lights out after the liner of Amazing Grace. Damn.

The eyes...you can still see them even with yours shut.
Ruddster

Spacemen 3 book rocks!!

Post by Ruddster »

Well I started the book last night after dinner at about 18.00 and I was still reading it at 2 am! It is turning out to be quite an interesting read, and offers a very detailed history of the concept of the DREAMWEAPON as it features in modern music at the begining, then launches into the story of the Spacemen proper. It's 303 pages long, and so far a lot of names from their history ahve cropped up to offer there in-sights into the legacy of the Spacemen, Gerald Palmer, Bassman (who so far appears to be the most bitter about it all!) Willy B etc. If it's all to be believed I didn't realise who fucked up a place Rugby is with regards to drug consumption of the dodgey Class A's, and Spacemen's usage of such stuff. Willy b's tales of living in some Speed squat being the most eye opening so far.
Anyway must get back to work...
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Rugby was affectionally known as Drugby when I used to live there. It definitely had its fair share. Not sure if it still has the same reputation, but I think its unlikely.
_

Post by _ »

it looks like they spelt your name wrong on the cover eric. :?

Post by Guest »

no...no...no...

The 'k' was my rather lame/tongue-in-cheek attempt at a nom de guerre, pseudonym--

I mean doesn't the 'k' always lend a mysterioso aura to any name or any thing?
Example: Erik Satie, Erik Lonnorot in 'death and the compass'...The only cool Eric with a 'c' I can think of is Eric Purkhiser and he changed his name to Lux Interior...
or whatabout Josef K. or Amerika????
K's invariably have a Teutonic or dark ambience connected to it - the stimmung is what they call it in schizoanalysis--like the chilling atmosphere of Nico's Marble Index or the descriptions of dark alleys in the Fantomas serials--

you know what I mean...
u_nderscore
Known user

Post by u_nderscore »

:D

8)
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

eric clapton was cool, no?
kill this do?

Post by kill this do? »

so imagine how kool "Erik Klapton" woulda been (Kream).

or http://www.hrdeluxe.com/ 8)
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

clewsr wrote:Rugby was affectionally known as Drugby when I used to live there. It definitely had its fair share. Not sure if it still has the same reputation, but I think its unlikely.
it still is

see here

http://www.drugby.co.uk/
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Thanks Andy, looks like an entertaining site, I'll have to browse it when I'm not at work.

On the subject of the book, still no joy, if like me you've got it on pre-order from amazon:
#############################
Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

We checked your order #026-3494270-5625210 and confirm that we have
not yet received "Dreamweapon: the Spacemen 3 & Spiritualized
Story"
in our Fulfilment Centre.

Please accept our apologies that we have not been able to dispatch
your order within the estimated dispatch date. We may need some
additional time to obtain this item.

We have passed your enquiry to our ordering department who will chase
up your order. It is very important to us that you receive your
order, and we will try to dispatch it to you as soon as possible. We
will contact you by e-mail if this item should prove to be
unavailable.

Otherwise, we will dispatch it to you without further delay as soon
as we receive the item from the supplier. We'll send you an e-mail
when your order is dispatched from our Fulfilment Centre, confirming
the date, contents and method of delivery.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused to you by this delay.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

Please let us know if this e-mail answered your question:

If yes, click here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/rsvp-y?c=qeafeqaw1245913550
If not, click here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/rsvp-n?c=qeafeq ... 550&q=ukff

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept
incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help
section of our website.

Warmest regards

Alka Rudki
Customer Service
Amazon.co.uk
=====================================================================
Free UK delivery. Now on orders over GBP 19 (See details &
conditions) http://www.amazon.co.uk/supersaverdelivery

ref_id:=qeafeqaw1245913550

>Date: Thu Nov 11 13:15:05 GMT 2004
>Subject: Where's my stuff?
>From: richardclews@operamail.com

>---------------
11/11/04 13:14:49
NAME: Richard Clews
ORDER NUMBER: 026-3494270-5625210
COMMENTS: Hi there,

I understand that this title has finally been sent out by the
publishers. Can you tell me if you have received copies yet, and when
you expect to be able to send them out?

Thanks very much, Richard Clews.

Re: Spacemen 3 book rocks!!

Post by Guest »

Ruddster wrote:Well I started the book last night after dinner at about 18.00 and I was still reading it at 2 am! It is turning out to be quite an interesting read, and offers a very detailed history of the concept of the DREAMWEAPON as it features in modern music at the begining, then launches into the story of the Spacemen proper. It's 303 pages long, and so far a lot of names from their history ahve cropped up to offer there in-sights into the legacy of the Spacemen, Gerald Palmer, Bassman (who so far appears to be the most bitter about it all!) Willy B etc. If it's all to be believed I didn't realise who fucked up a place Rugby is with regards to drug consumption of the dodgey Class A's, and Spacemen's usage of such stuff. Willy b's tales of living in some Speed squat being the most eye opening so far.
Anyway must get back to work...
So, you finished it yet? Is it any good? Can I buy it off you when you're finished?
andrew
Known user

Post by andrew »

My copy of the book finally arrived yesterday.

Some reading in there mind. Value for money indeed. Will post some thoughts when I`ve finished it. Probably in 2007.