Drone Rock Records

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Shinesalight
Known user

Drone Rock Records

Post by Shinesalight »

I know a lot of you already know that I've been toying with the idea of setting up my own record label. Well, thats finally come to fruition and I've set up Drone Rock Records. I've got a swanky website (http://dronerockrecords.com) as well as a Twitter (https://twitter.com/dronerocks) and FB page (https://www.facebook.com/Psychdronerock).

The debut release on the label is by an Argentinian psych/fuzz/garage/drone band called Kill West and is very, very good.

Feel free to take a look and let me know what you think. There are still a few tweaks to be made so please let me know if you encounter any issues/probs with the sites or if you have any suggestions.

Stay Droned.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
sunray
Known user

Re: Drone Rock Records

Post by sunray »

Nice one Shines :D

One problem when ordering....most places in Ireland don't have postcodes but the site won't let me order without one. I've tried variations such as n/a, IE, IRE...but they haven't worked out for me.

Looking forward to the record if I can get my hands on a copy :lol:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

sunray wrote:Nice one Shines :D

One problem when ordering....most places in Ireland don't have postcodes but the site won't let me order without one. I've tried variations such as n/a, IE, IRE...but they haven't worked out for me.

Looking forward to the record if I can get my hands on a copy :lol:
Cheers for trying to order Sunray. Will have a word with the chap that designed the site and come back to you.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Well done Shines. Ordered.
I think I feel it coming on
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

I shall be ordering when I'm back from work later. Good stuff Ads, all the best with it
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Aquarian-Time wrote:I shall be ordering when I'm back from work later. Good stuff Ads, all the best with it
purespace wrote:Well done Shines. Ordered.
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the support. Will let you know as soon at the records arrive me. I've been given an ETA of March 18th but sure that could be pushed back due to RSD.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

best of luck with this Ads- fair play to you for going ahead with it and putting something creative into the world!
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Kill West sound right up my street. Just ordered. All the very best with the Label. Great respect for going for it.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

angelsighs wrote:best of luck with this Ads- fair play to you for going ahead with it and putting something creative into the world!
BROKENHEART wrote:Kill West sound right up my street. Just ordered. All the very best with the Label. Great respect for going for it.
Thanks again for the kind words. Our home office is now full with record mailers ready for when these beauties arrive with me in a couple of weeks time:-
IMG_0581.JPG
IMG_0581.JPG (303.05 KiB) Viewed 14101 times
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Nice 8)

Please tell me there will be download codes with this and all future releases. Pretty annoyed there wasn't one with the Carlton Melton / Kandodo 3 split 12".
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

sunray wrote:Nice 8)

Please tell me there will be download codes with this and all future releases. Pretty annoyed there wasn't one with the Carlton Melton / Kandodo 3 split 12".
Yeah, its one of my bugbears too so will always offer download codes. I'll send you a PM regarding this.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
tav falco
Known user

Post by tav falco »

Shinesalight wrote:

Yeah, its one of my bugbears too so will always offer download codes. I'll send you a PM regarding this.

Me too, just ordered one, download would be great
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Really impressed with the Kill West ep. Lots of Surf rock,doom,drone,reverb and much more. A cross between Psychic ills and the Cramps, What more could you want. Drone on !
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

BROKENHEART wrote:Really impressed with the Kill West ep. Lots of Surf rock,doom,drone,reverb and much more. A cross between Psychic ills and the Cramps, What more could you want. Drone on !
Glad you're enjoying it Broken Heart. I'm really pleased with how its come out and how well its been received.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Sometimes small labels only get vinyl rights. Dom's GPS releases never come with downloads. The bands he deals with want the D/L money themselves. I cant blame them.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Just a quick heads up to let you know that the next release on my label, Drone Rock Records, is imminent. The next band up are German psych/drone/krautrock outfit The Space Spectrum with "Drone Jams Vol I". The full lowdown on the band and the record can be found over at my website here:-

http://dronerockrecords.com/shop/drone-jams-vol-i/

I've been told to expect the records back from the pressing plant at the beginning of December and there is a pre-order facility on my site ready now. There is also a limited edition splatter version of the record for the early birds/mailing list subscribers/previous customers.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

PS: A big thank you to Olan who brought The Space Spectrum to my attention in the first place :D
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Ordered my good man. not heard a note by this lot, but it sounds like my cup of tea so look forward to wrapping my ears round it.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Aquarian-Time wrote:Ordered my good man. not heard a note by this lot, but it sounds like my cup of tea so look forward to wrapping my ears round it.
Cheers Dave. You won't be disappointed....its right up your street. You can actually here the record in full via the player on the website.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

I'm having to hang off until payday... hope there is one left!
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Ordered, and looking forward to this one .
Any signs of Kill West coming to the UK ?
Would be great to see them live .
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Laz69 wrote:I'm having to hang off until payday... hope there is one left!
I'll make sure there's one put by for you Laz when they come in (hopefully around the 15th December)
BROKENHEART wrote:Ordered, and looking forward to this one .
Thanks for the support Broken Heart. Haven't heard of any plans for Kill West coming to the UK yet. Would be great though wouldn't it. They've got an album out on new US label Echo Drug called Smoke Beach. I had the chance to release it myself but didn't want my first two releases to be by the same band. Its pretty bloody great though.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Shinesalight wrote:
Laz69 wrote:I'm having to hang off until payday... hope there is one left!
I'll make sure there's one put by for you Laz when they come in (hopefully around the 15th December)
BROKENHEART wrote:Ordered, and looking forward to this one .
Thanks for the support Broken Heart. Haven't heard of any plans for Kill West coming to the UK yet. Would be great though wouldn't it. They've got an album out on new US label Echo Drug called Smoke Beach. I had the chance to release it myself but didn't want my first two releases to be by the same band. Its pretty bloody great though.
Yes Shinesalight, Kill West's latest venture Smoke Beach is full of great deep,fuzz and surf rock sounds as per the first ep.
I managed to get the casette early on, but the vinyl looks shit hot in both colours. Very tempting even though i'm not a great collector of vinyl . Cheers for the introduction. Drone on !
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I am very Happy for you!
Congratulations, and I hope that all goes well, and this is a real success for you.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Just a quick heads up to let you guys know that the pre-order for the next Drone Rock Records release, "Live 2010 Dominion Tavern" by Canadian psych-rock legends The Band Whose Name Is A Symbol, has just opened. Splatter versions initially exclusively available to previous customers, mailing list subscribers and friends. You need to use the password "Canada" on my website's shop in order to access the splatter version.

http://dronerockrecords.com/shop/

Can't quite believe this is the third record I've done and already starting work on the fourth :D
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Waiting with great anticipation for the release of the latest ep from Kill West. Thumbs up to all their stuff so far . About time they made a trip to the UK, would love to see them Live.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

BROKENHEART wrote:Waiting with great anticipation for the release of the latest ep from Kill West. Thumbs up to all their stuff so far . About time they made a trip to the UK, would love to see them Live.
Kill West are great aren't they. The Raw Desire EP by Kill West should be with me around the first two weeks of Novembe and was meant to coincide with a UK/Euro tour though that doesn't look like it's happening now till next year. In the meantime The Magnectic North compilation album featuring Dead Sea Apes, Vert:X, Blown Out and Earthling Society is meant to be back from the pressing plant next Wednesday :D
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

After giving Yetti's album (the latest DRR release) a few listens i'd just like to doff the cap to Adam for his output this year. I've bought everything he's put out but I think 2019 has been an especially good year for the label.
Hats off to you sir and I hope you'll be maintaining the standard for the forseeable future :D
BROKENHEART
Known user

Post by BROKENHEART »

Ditto on the post from sunray. Especially enjoying the debut from Brightons Yetti, some great Stoner rock. Good luck to the future of DRR. Drone on !
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

sunray wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:35 pm After giving Yetti's album (the latest DRR release) a few listens i'd just like to doff the cap to Adam for his output this year. I've bought everything he's put out but I think 2019 has been an especially good year for the label.
Hats off to you sir and I hope you'll be maintaining the standard for the forseeable future :D
Thanks Joycey. Means a lot man. As the label has become more established and I am releasing more records each year, it is getting harder to juggle the label, my day job and family life. 4 years and 28 releases was never something I imagined getting to when I started it all so feedback like this always makes it worthwhile. I've got a couple of big releases coming up towards the end of the year including a brand new White Manna/Carlton Melton project 8)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

No bother Adam, always happy to give praise where it's due :D That WM/CM project sounds tasty!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Shinesalight wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:15 pm a brand new White Manna/Carlton Melton project 8)
take my money now!!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

The new Psychic Lemon album 'Freak Mammal' is fantastic.
They've progressed so much from the first lp on DRR (which I enjoyed). This is an altogether different beast though; harder, heavier and dirtier. They still enjoy a prog turn of phrase but I can also hear Carlton Melton, early Hawkwind, Spirtualized and AMT.

All you folks who enjoy effects-heavy, instrumental jams (you know who you are) need to get on this. Album Of The Year contender for me 8) :D
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Psychic Lemon played the first DRR showcase right Shines? I seem to remember some heavy riffage.
and also I believe the second one coming up? hope it goes well.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Yep, got the 2nd Drone Rock Records showcase next Saturday. Planning on staying off the booze for this one :wink:

Psychic Lemon LPs arrived with me yesterday and they have turned out great. DDT, The White Manna/Carlton Melton collaboration is at the pressing plant and due with me end of November/early December. Got a Sun Araw/Magic Lantern kind of vibe going on.
Attachments
Drone Rock copy.jpg
Drone Rock copy.jpg (304.69 KiB) Viewed 10093 times
Last edited by Shinesalight on Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

BROKENHEART wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:33 am Ditto on the post from sunray. Especially enjoying the debut from Brightons Yetti, some great Stoner rock. Good luck to the future of DRR. Drone on !

Thanks man. Will you be coming along to the gig next Saturday Broken Heart?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Nice one Shines, yep I do remember you got a little 'refreshed' that night :)
Very nice poster again too, got the one from the first night right here. Still need to get it in a frame along with a few others.. Wall space is at a premium haha

totally up for that Carlton Melton/White Manna release. The comparisons you mention make me even more keen on it!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

For those who were interested in the forthcoming White Manna/Carlton Melton collaboration, there is a track from the forthcoming album on the DRR Soundcloud page here:-

https://soundcloud.com/dronerockrecords/multiple-greens

The pre-sale for the record goes live this coming Friday evening.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Placed my order for the DDT record 8)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

angelsighs wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:10 pm Placed my order for the DDT record 8)
It's good. Some absolutely filthy low-end rumblings on a few tracks :D 8)

The highlight for me though is 'Mom's Song'. The kind of tune that makes you want to form a band and then jam out said song for 20 minutes, finally walking off stage leaving the audience a gleaming, beaming wreck.
Only quibble is that it should have been a double lp. Some of the songs give the impression that they definitely could've gone on a lot longer. Perhaps a Vol.2, Shines? :wink:
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

sunray wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:34 pm The highlight for me though is 'Mom's Song'. The kind of tune that makes you want to form a band and then jam out said song for 20 minutes, finally walking off stage leaving the audience a gleaming, beaming wreck.
this is also rather close to a dream of mine... rather hampered by my spectacular lack of musical talent 🙂
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Shinesalight wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:01 pm For those who were interested in the forthcoming White Manna/Carlton Melton collaboration, there is a track from the forthcoming album on the DRR Soundcloud page here:-

https://soundcloud.com/dronerockrecords/multiple-greens

The pre-sale for the record goes live this coming Friday evening.
I'm pals with Andy Duvall, who has been telling us all about this new record. :mrgreen:
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

angelsighs wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:35 am
sunray wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:34 pm The highlight for me though is 'Mom's Song'. The kind of tune that makes you want to form a band and then jam out said song for 20 minutes, finally walking off stage leaving the audience a gleaming, beaming wreck.
this is also rather close to a dream of mine... rather hampered by my spectacular lack of musical talent 🙂
A dream of mine also, alas the rest of the band out vote me 4 to 1 on this and everything ends becoming songs !! Still reckon we could release some of our jams as they are awesome sometimes

I have the album but yet to listen, so will look to review and amend that situation pronto
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

For those interested, the upcoming live Eat Lights;Become Lights LP has just gone up for pre-order on the DRR website:-

https://dronerockrecords.com/shop/
Attachments
EL;BL - Live
EL;BL - Live
DRR035 Mock Up_EFFECT copy.jpg (328.44 KiB) Viewed 8493 times
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Thought this might be of interest to some of you on here... 'Death of a Lover's Song' by The Voices, first time on vinyl. Due out on Drone Rock Records end of November (pre-order just opened and special edition vinyl almost gone already). This is the 40th DRR release. How did that even happen?! 8)
Attachments
TWISTED Mock Up 2 copy.jpg
TWISTED Mock Up 2 copy.jpg (379.35 KiB) Viewed 6287 times
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Latest two releases arrived today.
Man, The Voices album looks good enough to eat. Stunning piece of vinyl. Music's not bad either :wink:
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

sunray wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:06 pm Latest two releases arrived today.
Man, The Voices album looks good enough to eat. Stunning piece of vinyl. Music's not bad either :wink:
Cheers man. Enjoy 8)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone