Evening of Contemporary Sitar Music

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

coffeepotman
Known user

Evening of Contemporary Sitar Music

Post by coffeepotman »

I happen to love Evening of Contemporary Sitar Music ever since it came out and was wondering was this a one off or are there any other recordings of this piece. I know Jason dips into it occasionally when he plays solo but a full band treatment is what I'm looking for.
bbbhenko
Known user

Re: Evening of Contemporary Sitar Music

Post by bbbhenko »

I know of no other recording of this piece, but as you mention, some of the melodies in there are also heard elsewhere (most notably the signature melody of "Honey" I guess). Have to agree it's an awesome recording and among the very best Spacemen material I've ever heard.
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

coffeepotman wrote:I happen to love Evening of Contemporary Sitar Music ever since it came out and was wondering was this a one off or are there any other recordings of this piece. I know Jason dips into it occasionally when he plays solo but a full band treatment is what I'm looking for.
No. It was a total one off. As far as I know they never even did another performance like it.
coffeepotman
Known user

Post by coffeepotman »

Thank you for your answers! That's a shame, good thing we have the recording we do have