The Razor Tongue Of Keith Richards

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
spunder
Known user

Re: The Razor Tongue Of Keith Richards

Post by spunder »

^ youre not alone. i did too.

its inspired me to dig out Stella St.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Yeah, sad about NME. Maybe I was alone there. I bought the last paper issue which was full of cool images.
Free now, but the cultural backwater I currently reside in has no chance of those being distributed.

Fuck it - I'm only here because of a chance encounter with a certain NME issue from early 1997 - the edition with a heavily medicated looking Jason and Kate on the cover.

I've told this tale many times - Norman Cook's free "beat up the NME" mix on tape that issue was amazing at the time too...
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

is wrote:It was *kind of* amusing - but had an unfortunate tang of "Music stopped in 1973 mate - except for me, and a load of Jamaican blokes."

I bow to no-one in my respect for what the Rolling Stones did between 1967 and 1973, but really - what have they done since that earns him the right to slag off Bowie, Prince, (ugh) Oasis...?

I'd also be interested to know when he's supposed to have said these things.

On a side, note- isn't it sad what's happened to the NME?
Just lost my original reply to this.

Anyway - holy shit.

Good to see you on here again. Your latest forum ID will undoubtedly set some teeth-gnashing somewhere....

I for one would wish you would contribute more here. Curious to hear your thoughts on the last SPZ albums?

For the newer forumites, the above poster was a massive presence here in the 2000s. Along with some others his uniquely sardonic and brilliant reportage is very much missed...
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Yeah that article about Keith was somewhat misleading as it suggested these were all new quotes - Prince opened for the Stones some 35 years ago.

Props for revealing that Keith was basically Liam Gallagher all along....
O P 8
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

say what you like about the NME (and I often do), but for better or worse it was central to alternative music culture for a long time.
seeing what it's become now is just sad, and mirrors larger changes about music and how people consume it.

I picked up the free one and was horrified.. this is what happens when advertising calls the shots. a flimsy rag that barely had any actual music reviews in it.

not to mention their online presence now concentrating on 'listicles' like this Keef one just to get clicks.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

I... Miss those days!
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

You definitely, totally and ought to hear Sweet Heart/Sweet Light: life affirming heavy goodness with some beautiful country ballads.

The previous album is excellent too...
O P 8