Premier League / Football / Etc...

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

Laz69
Known user

Re: Premier League / Football / Etc...

Post by Laz69 »

If there is any possible way us Scots can blow our chances, we will find it!

We are subpar at best. Our players are far from good enough to play at the highest level no matter what Gordon Strachan (who i actually think is our best manager for quite some time) does. We have to accept that its going to be a long time before we return to any of the big tournaments.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Very worried about Ireland in the playoffs after the last time against France...... :x
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Terrible performance from us last night. Unfortunately, and depressingly, that was far more representative of the campaign rather than the freak result and performance against Germany.
Two attempts on goal in 90 minutes for an automatic qualifying spot...shocking. Can't see us getting through the play-offs, far better teams than Poland left in there :(
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

I dunno about that. I think Poland are quite strong & have one of best players on the planet.

The sides in the playoffs are all much of a muchness. Depends on if O'Neills luck holds out I suppose. It's unfortunate the playoff draw is seeded, but even still I don't think there's anything more difficult than what they've faced - they'll be glad they don't have to play against lewandowski every week. They should go into it with confidence. & without aidan mcgeady. Or whelan.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

James oughta be happy atm, 3-1 up away to Sevilla.
W/o aguero, silva or kdb seems the others have started to shoulder responsibility.. Still looking a bit shaky in the centre of defence, but gotta be excited by the other guys growing into their roles instead of relying on the big 3.
Re Joe hart - another blunder at the weekend but I have to say, he made a great save tonight & I liked how he handled himself after that mistake. After all the years of stick I've given him I'm actually starting to like the guy!
gonna burn brightly
for a while
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I shall break my silence to agree that Joe Hart is in fine form bar the mistake at the weekend (always a mistake in any keeper).

Last night was superb, I won't blame the defence for the goal and even Navas was brilliant. Still not a huge fan of Sterling but he seemed a more complete player last night, but when he goes into the box and cuts back onto his right foot, we always lose the ball.

Glad United beat Moscow.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

LIVERPOOL FC

5 time European Champions
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Mangala should be embarrassed by his performance (or lack thereof). Skretal is underrated. It could have been 6-1 without the fine performance by Hart.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Hart was shite as well, he should be thankful he actually managed 3 fine saves because he was otherwise all over the shop. Liverpool didn't even play that well, we were a fucking shambles! Fair play to'em though. This is the worst they played against us at our place for 3 seasons and the only one they got the win, they owed us one and often give us one.

Fans were awful. Don't want to kick up any bad blood but their away fans are awful. Most away fans are terrible but really can't stomach their lot when they come to ours. Stoke were shocking last season, Spurs seem to have a fine hatred towards us also. United fans are always fine, would rather United win anything than Liverpool.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

James T wrote:Hart was shite as well, he should be thankful he actually managed 3 fine saves because he was otherwise all over the shop. Liverpool didn't even play that well, we were a fucking shambles! Fair play to'em though. This is the worst they played against us at our place for 3 seasons and the only one they got the win, they owed us one and often give us one.

Fans were awful. Don't want to kick up any bad blood but their away fans are awful. Most away fans are terrible but really can't stomach their lot when they come to ours. Stoke were shocking last season, Spurs seem to have a fine hatred towards us also. United fans are always fine, would rather United win anything than Liverpool.
It's terrible when you get battered isn't it?

C'mon Utd!
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

I'd rather support LFC and even Chelsea before United. I like Paul Scholes unrelenting attack on LVG.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Well Harry it gave you something pipe up about for the first time this season, how could I not be delighted?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

That said, I don't know why I took the route I did on my first comment. I have, however, been in 3 awful situations with Liverpool fans, twice in Liverpool and once in Oslo of all places, just for watching a city match in the pub! They used to be great with us til we won the league, which even then they celebrated at the time (obviously not the second PL win). But yeah, kind of irrelevant to the match itself on this occasion. Stand by that Liverpool didn't play that well but ant argue with the score line because we totally fucked up in every way. Own goal killed us that early, Sagna flopping down too easy (still a foul for me).

One positive is that Delph looked really great when he came on. 2 massive blocks and clearances in the box, also looked confident going forward. Another is that Arsenal also dropped points and we still look ok for the title should we get back upto speed, but it's been poor recently. I never thought I'd be in a situation where city were title challengers whilst Liverpool and Chelsea looked closer to the Eurovision Song Contest, so I am always grateful how it worked out for us.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

no mention of leicester or vardy? this is so top 4 centric :P :lol:
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Made up for Leicester, great to see and I like the manager a lot. Nice guy!
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

hey now, if it were top 4 talk then we'd be talking about leicester! i think you meant big 4 ;)

i like vardy as a footballer even if he is a little bit racist as a person..
tho dunno if you saw, when they were 2-0 i think vs newcastle, he & marhez were 2-on-1 & instead of passing vardy took the ball on himself & squandered the chance (having already scored earlier) instead of passing it. that sorta selfishness is unbecoming & could certainly have an impact on morale - especially given how generous his teammates have been in helping him, marhez even abdicated his penalty taking responsibilities just so vardy could continue his goal scoring run the previous game. thought it was a little too greedy.
fair play to him tho equally old horsefaces PL record. the fact only 2 have them have done it in the PL shows what an achievement it is.
& yea love the tinkerman. been a delight to have him back in the premiership this season. charming guy & likes his rock music!

i thought liverpool played excellently. i dunno.. go figure.
city were a shambles. at their very worst. i'm not a fan but i couldn't understand why fernandinho wasn't starting & pushing yaya up to #10. yaya as one of the two supposedly deeper midfielders.. well it's been discussed to death already in this thread.
& mangala.. he's the gift that keeps on giving.
city were fortunate arsenal look to have started doing what arsenal do best - blow up, & get injured.

overlooking leicester tho, utd do look like a surprising title challenger. on paper it shouldn't be a surprise, just by their early season form.
i gotta say tho, they get a lot of misguided grief about their possession. it's preposterous. it's how they defend. it's how to defend. it's the core principle of the old idiom: the other team can't score if you have the ball. i don't understand why so many people are critical of them for that approach, to me it's just common sense..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I don't doubt that Liverpool would have dug deeper if they needed to, but we played so awful that they only had to turn up for 15 minutes, the rest of the time it was just a non-game. I don't want to take away from them as such, but if City played that way against any side in the top 2 tiers of English football we'd have let a few in. In terms of the Villa game which was ignored on here, they just defended really well and we were a bit lazy for the first half hour. They deserved a point but we were unlucky at the end of the game. We've been off the boil for a month or so now, need to shape up or risk getting in a real pickle.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Seriously happy that City have dropped their current crest and are going back to a round design like the glory days of Rosler.... can't wait to see it once done.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Getting torn to pieces by Stoke atm. Really bad attitude & application from almost every out field City footballer. Credit to Stoke tho they've played some great stuff & are effectively playing against 12 men, the referee doing everything he can to help City get back into the game.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Referee moment utterly baffling, everything else fine. Tore us a new arsehole today they did. Really not a fan on Pellegrini but don't support a case for his sacking either just yet. We're just incredibly lucky that we got...

- 2 late goals agains Gladbach
- Late winner against Sevilla
- Late winner against Palace
- Late penalty/winner against Norwich

We would be in a real terrible position if not for that. 1 bad result away from being the disaster people always pretend we're having. No passion from the players or manager at the moment. Stoke were superb, should've had 6 or 7.
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Manchester City are not playing very well at the moment, but I still think they will the Premier League.If Agüero can avoid injuries is the biggest concern.

I think the quality of football in Premier League this season is some of the worst I've seen since the beginning of the Premier League.I think one of the major concerns is the lack of english players and managers.

My club Manchester United are so boring to watch at the moment and I doubt that will change very much under Lvg.Hope I'm wrong but I can't see us winning on Tuesday.It will be a huge disappointment as we ended up in one of the easiest groups.Lvg will be under great pressure if we crash out.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

20-35 minutes very sketchy, other than that superb. Great to win the group ahead of last year's finalists, and our other opponents were no easy matches either. Sterling was the one ruining every move until the final 20 minutes, football is funny.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Kind of surprised by the sacking of Moron. Thought they would let him finish the season. Who's going to step in ? Ancelotti ? Pep ? LVG is next.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

spacemanrich wrote: LVG is next.
On what basis? Thirstily digested media hyperbole perhaps?

LVG is there to firstly deliver stability (the old top 4 adage) and anything else a bonus.
Granted not what "the fans" want or expect and who could blame them but in terms of settling and improving the clubs market value and desireability he is achieving.

Others will fall a long time before him

Hiddink will see Chelsea through the remainder of this season
Shoulders back, smash it
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

spacemanrich wrote:Kind of surprised by the sacking of Moron. Thought they would let him finish the season. Who's going to step in ? Ancelotti ? Pep ? LVG is next.
the tinkerman get revenge...or not- amusing coincidence (speaking as a leicester fan)

spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Like Mou, LVG has already lost the dressing room. Jettisoned a couple of good players including "Chicharito" who is having an outstanding season at Bayer Leverkusen (15goals in 12matches). 250 MILLION pounds spent and not a lot to see in the results (overspent on Martial and others).

The Dr., I think the Foxes will certainly finish Top 4 if not challenge for the Premiership this season. Playing outstanding football.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

spacemanrich...what makes you think he's lost the dressing room as your follow on reasoning is at a complete tangent from your original statement.

Great that Chicharito has found form after 3 years of having little impact
These good players you speak of are unlikely to make improvement on current team...ADM didn't fit, RVP is frequently unfit and the rest...I'm sure there wives and girlfriends are fit

As for the £250m spent..that's a sum required to be competitive...as a City fan acknowledging a spend of £100m in the summer, I thought you'd get that
Shoulders back, smash it
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

spacemanrich wrote:
The Dr., I think the Foxes will certainly finish Top 4 if not challenge for the Premiership this season. Playing outstanding football.
i'd be thrilled- last christmas we were bottom, this year we are top! 4 years ago we were in league 1!

sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Right, that's it. I can't keep quiet anymore.

I'll put up my hand and say that I think Klopp is actually a bit of a spoofer and I didn't think he was the right man for the Liverpool job. The problem is though, who is? :?

Three good results away to Chelsea, Man City and Southampton, but the rest? Utter dross. When we played Newcastle, who were in absolute freefall at the time, he drops Origi who had scored a hat trick a few days previously :? :evil: Celebrates a draw at home to West Brom like it's a big win.

Nice guy and everything but.....Surely now he'll stop getting such an easy ride from the media.

Liverpool. Will we ever get it right?!!!!! :( :evil: :roll:
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

He will get it right, but he needs a few years I reckon. Too much expectation at Liverpool every time there is a couple of signings or a new manager. Need to take time over building something new. For me, Rodgers has always been a bit of a chancer so I actually supported that sacking. I remember everyone raving about his Swansea side but all I ever saw was the 2 wing backs and keeper passing between themselves for 50% of the match.

Leicester are getting a real raw deal from the media I think. When Liverpool were top and looking good for a title challenge people were going almost literally insane over it. I, like many, expect they will probably drop in form and results after the festive period, but there is also a really good chance they can keep within a shout of the title into the last few weeks, that would be AMAZING for the league. Obviously I want city to win it, but Leicester certainly deserve more than any other side so far this season.

For city, we really need to pick 3 wins in our next 3, certainly can't afford to lose to Arsenal or Leicester at this point where we go into heavy fixture congestion with the league cup, fa cup, and then return of the CL.

Think Everton might do us in the cup, would be a shame.

No comment on managerial speculation other than that I've never been overly sold on Pellegrini but would like him to move on in the nicest way possible. Maybe he can get a deal with the Chile national side ahead of summer and we can all have a nice turnaround? Thanks for his work steadying the ship after a difficult year, but not the one to take us to the next level. So much for not commenting...
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Sunray : Klopp is only 3-4 matches into his new position, mid-season mind you. New league (BPL), new country (U.K.) and new players, surely some latitude is warranted. As well, wait until he gets his own players in (I'm sure a few will come from BVB or the Bundesliga). In another message board, someone mentioned all the major clubs want 'high profile' managers from the continent i.e. - Klopp, Pep, Ancelotti, etc. and like homegrown players not too many homegrown managers for high profile positions.

LVG gutted the whole squad last season while still adding pieces with no tangible results - 250 million pounds and sliding down the table.. It seems to me the most obvious choice is Ryan Giggs. He bleeds red. Understands the dna of United and has been passed over because of lack of experience. Well, if he finishes this season, he'll have 3 years as an assistant under Moyes/LVG and don't forget that he played under Fergie, I'm sure he picked up a few pointers here and there. I've seen a few of LVG's post match inteviews and he comes off as an arrogant, defiant prat. Yesterday, I thought he was going to cry and he knows that his time is up. StuX will have you believe that he'll finish his contract in 2017 - not with those results.

Sunray, I just saw the fixture for next week. Don't be dismayed. It's Leicester City.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Can't handle the criticism from some reds around Van Gaal. Sure, they are playing boring football, but he's never exactly been the most exciting of managers. He was brought in to steady things after Moyes and take them back to the CL, he did that. Sure, bad form recently in terms of results, but really they're still one of the favourites for a top 4 finish and then they can assess the situation in the summer. Sacking him now would be ridiculous I think. Anyway, unless there is a spectacular meltdown (which there isn't, honestly), I think he WILL see out his contract. Who is available to replace? Mourinho? More boring football to complain about.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

spacemanrich wrote:
LVG gutted the whole squad last season while still adding pieces with no tangible results - 250 million pounds and sliding down the table.. It seems to me the most obvious choice is Ryan Giggs. He bleeds red. Understands the dna of United and has been passed over because of lack of experience. Well, if he finishes this season, he'll have 3 years as an assistant under Moyes/LVG and don't forget that he played under Fergie, I'm sure he picked up a few pointers here and there. I've seen a few of LVG's post match inteviews and he comes off as an arrogant, defiant prat. Yesterday, I thought he was going to cry and he knows that his time is up. StuX will have you believe that he'll finish his contract in 2017 - not with those results.
Sliding down the table...did you know they haven't been lower than 5th since late November 2014?
He gutted the squad last season...Wellbeck, Kagawa, Fletcher, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Andersen, Macheda, Buttner...which of these would you take at your club in there "as sold/released" form? In addition how much would it cost to buy any of those players in there prime today...Bearing in mind Rio cost £30m 12 years ago.
Ha...arrogant...I've never seen any other managers come off as arrogant or defiant...Ferguson, Mourinho, Benitez and in fact any manager should have defiance etched into there DNA...arrogance is just a belief in themselves. I'm arrogant too.

So it's Giggs in for LVG...well in that case I think Pellegrini should make way for Brian Kidd as he's been cutting about doing nothing for six years. You really don't get the role Giggs has been asked to perform?

Regardless of the above, Saturday was poor however it does mirror a blip suffered last season. A way through will be found...
Shoulders back, smash it
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Lvg must go.We are so boring to watch. It's impossible to enjoy shite, whether it wins points or not.Forget Giggs we need a top manager like Guardiola, but he seems City bound.We will end up with Mourinho but Mourinho's playing style is not to dissimilar to LVG.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

cantona wrote:Lvg must go.We are so boring to watch. It's impossible to enjoy shite, whether it wins points or not.Forget Giggs we need a top manager like Guardiola, but he seems City bound.We will end up with Mourinho but Mourinho's playing style is not to dissimilar to LVG.
Who do you fancy cantona?

I'd have liked us to get either Bielsa or Favre before Moyes was appointed and would probably favour Favre now as the former is too temperamental in club football. My heart also sais take a punt on Sampaoli but I really do feel it is three years of LVG and I understand why although I'm conflicted in my agreement on this...
Shoulders back, smash it
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

spacemanrich wrote:Sunray : Klopp is only 3-4 matches into his new position, mid-season mind you. New league (BPL), new country (U.K.) and new players, surely some latitude is warranted. As well, wait until he gets his own players in (I'm sure a few will come from BVB or the Bundesliga).

I just saw the fixture for next week. Don't be dismayed. It's Leicester City.
Ah I know, just frustrated at the team's performances and some of Klopp's tactics. I will stick to my guns about not being convinced by him though. No real rationale to that just a gut feeling.

Leicester next...They drew 2-2 at Anfield last Christmas and they should have won that game. This time I expect they'll beat us 3-1 and Mahrez will absolutely destroy us. :cry:
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Who do you fancy cantona?

I'd have liked us to get either Bielsa or Favre before Moyes was appointed and would probably favour Favre now as the former is too temperamental in club football. My heart also sais take a punt on Sampaoli but I really do feel it is three years of LVG and I understand why although I'm conflicted in my agreement on this...[/quote]

I do not think there are many obvious candidates but Guardiola will be my first choice.Bielsa is a great manager but also something of a gamble.I do not know much about Favre or Sampaoli.Pochettino,Simeone or Blanc maybe but are not sure.But we really can't afford to take a risk.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

man united- only in name- former players with close connections to assistant managers deciding to criticise the team publically

klopp- tries to bring the passion of dortmund- the connection between players and fans- and is lambasted

mourinho- has a little dig at his players saying they were not trying-gets sacked and the players try

o people, from here at the top of the table with the tinker man, owners who love the club, players who will play with broken bones (vardy- his wrist) for the club and fans who make a noise that scares the opposistion, your problems all seem so small and insignificant :wink: :P

Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

The Dr wrote:man united- only in name- former players with close connections to assistant managers deciding to criticise the team publically
:mrgreen:
Shoulders back, smash it
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

cantona wrote:
I do not think there are many obvious candidates but Guardiola will be my first choice.Bielsa is a great manager but also something of a gamble.I do not know much about Favre or Sampaoli.Pochettino,Simeone or Blanc maybe but are not sure.But we really can't afford to take a risk.
Something wriggles me with Pep...I'm not convinced...part of me thinks he's an icing on the cake manager...which he has done well with but he has had a huge help with the two teams he's managed being at a different level. It feels more likely that he'll go to Man City.

Regardless I think MU need a manager...and will move away from the teacher style found in Moyes and LVG.
The teacher in both Moyes and LVG stifles the players as they become cogs in a system.
However in a relatively new and young squad I can understand why the teaching is necessary...and perhaps for a further season much to spacemanrich dismay.

Ferguson gave the teaching mantle to his senior players allowing himself the space to manage...maybe in 18months this style will be utilised transferring the teacher role onto DDG, Smalling, Mata, Herrera and Martial.

Blanc sounds a fair shout...I've always been impressed with how he handled the 23man ban with France...and his stats stack up well....I'm sure he's to blame for Chamakh being considered a top player also ha

Much to happen this summer...or sooner with Jose lurking, Pep not resigning, Benitez struggling and Ranieri sitting back giggling at his own little idiosyncrasies
Shoulders back, smash it
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

sunray wrote:Right, that's it. I can't keep quiet anymore.

I'll put up my hand and say that I think Klopp is actually a bit of a spoofer and I didn't think he was the right man for the Liverpool job. The problem is though, who is? :?

Three good results away to Chelsea, Man City and Southampton, but the rest? Utter dross. When we played Newcastle, who were in absolute freefall at the time, he drops Origi who had scored a hat trick a few days previously :? :evil: Celebrates a draw at home to West Brom like it's a big win.

Nice guy and everything but.....Surely now he'll stop getting such an easy ride from the media.

Liverpool. Will we ever get it right?!!!!! :( :evil: :roll:
Re the good results - the away game in Europe v R kazan was also v good. But you re right, there's been some fckn horrible shite also.
We need points more than sexy soundbites from the manager.
Still think it will work out ok, but would be good to see something of system becoming more obvious in these games.
Whilst that bad weirdo at Utd is stringing together a bucnh of ugly results we've actually made no ground up on them.

Edit - just saw the line re celebrating the WBrom draw like a win. I have no problem with that at all - trying to spark some link between crowd and team and ape what they used to do at Dortmund every week must be the least of anyone's worries. I still think he's the last chance we have of actually sparking some life into this fossil.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

Stuart X.Hunter wrote:
Ferguson gave the teaching mantle to his senior players allowing himself the space to manage...maybe in 18months this style will be utilised transferring the teacher role onto DDG, Smalling, Mata, Herrera and Martial.
s

do you think those players have it? it is a far cry from cantona, giggs, keane, bruce etc

The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Lame but I don't expect any better from sports forum's 'general' section, which is why I don't go on them. Kinda intrigued as to how you would even come across that, though.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

KingHarry wrote: Edit - just saw the line re celebrating the WBrom draw like a win. I have no problem with that at all - trying to spark some link between crowd and team and ape what they used to do at Dortmund every week must be the least of anyone's worries. I still think he's the last chance we have of actually sparking some life into this fossil.
I get what he was trying to do at the end of the West Brom game but watching it on telly I just felt a bit embarrassed by it all.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

James T wrote:Lame but I don't expect any better from sports forum's 'general' section, which is why I don't go on them. Kinda intrigued as to how you would even come across that, though.

i googled joss stone, after her becoming the saviour of reggae and it was one of the links that came up- wasn't what i was looking for!

James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Weeeeeeeird. I think it's fair to say most football forums probably have some rotten stuff knocking around on them, I can't stand the places!

Soul destroying to see Kompany only manage 9 minutes today. His career is starting to look fairly glum for the future. He always picked up calf injuries, but not as bad and frequent as the past year or so. He looked devastated. Only option in the January is to try and get a deal to bring Denayer back from his loan early. Even if Mangala was performing (which he sadly isn't, once again), we would need more cover than we have.

Great performance for 60 minutes but they kinda just took their foot off at that point. Bony's penalty was... unusual... Leicester losing means we will overtake them next week on goal difference should we win. Arsenal don't have an easy game today but I think they will win it. I'm still hopeful that by February city will be back on top, if only by goal difference or a point or 2. Really need to focus now though. Played great against Arsenal, can't come away to disheartened by that one.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Can't say much about the City win considering it was Sunderland. They just can't beat the major clubs (tottenham, liverpool and arsenal). Int'l matches definately hurt City w/ Kompany and Aguero out. Aguero is injury prone. I've seen that "bitter and blue" website a few times. Don't pay too much attention to it as it is mostly rumours/gossip about transfers, etc.

Just got a peak, I think of the new City badge that was leaked. I liked how they retained the ship, but I don't like the shield within the circle, just seems a bit odd.

Hasta la vista LVG.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I like the new badge, it's pretty much as it was pre-1997. I hate the eagle one!

The Tottenham game was a weird one, we should've been 4 up before we fell apart. Arsenal doesn't concern me much. Liverpool game was a shocker.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Didn't mind the eagle logo. James T did you read on the city official website that they are giving free tattoo removals for blokes that have the eagle logo ? I've seen some photo's of City supporters with the logo and it is quite embarrassing. I've seen the eagle tatoo on the entire back of one supporter. I've seen the logo on a the head of a bald man ! Sorry, keep sports to a minimum and don't make it YOUR LIFE.

Pretty much watched the entire match and the Gunners look mediocre at best.

This isn't the new logo, but I don't think this one is too bad, especially the left hand one ? :

https://d13yacurqjgara.cloudfront.net/u ... ncity4.png
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I don't like those ones, we needed to get back to the classic style design. The eagle just seemed dumb to me, but it always seems unusual I suppose when a team changes a badge. Previously they had been similar for a long while with a round design.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

The Dr wrote:

do you think those players have it? it is a far cry from cantona, giggs, keane, bruce etc
I think they do...leadership is apparent in many forms...you can't compare the leadership of Sanchez, Cazorlla, Mertesacker etc with that of Viera, Henry, Bergkamp, Adams

As an aside...what's your thoughts on the likelihood of Dragovic signing...Fuchs his national team mate already being there...it's a nice fit. This will IMO ensure LC finish top four
Shoulders back, smash it
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

To me it seems insane that any Leicester player getting in the side would want to leave in January, regardless of what team come in for them. To get that side in the top 4, or even 3 or WIN IT would be the greatest achievement they could have in football. It would blow people's minds. Why pass up the chance to make history for the sake of missing out on a few extra months somewhere else? If they are good enough, and I'm sure most players there back themselves to make it after this season, they will get where they want to be in the summer if it is somewhere else.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Another insipid performance yesterday. No change there then, except we somehow managed to win the previous two.

I find it shocking the absolute lack of leadership within the Liverpool squad. There isn't one single player who seems to have any fight or guts in them, utterly spineless. If you're shit fair enough but at least have some professional/personal pride in your performance :evil:

Next four games: Away to both Stoke and Exeter in the cups to be followed by two home league games against Arsenal and Man U.
God help us :(
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

What a riveting match between the Toffees and Spurs ! The City match put me to sleep at 10:30 in the morning. Much needed win for City. Aguero does it again. Hopefully, he can stay healthy on the pitch.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

James T wrote:To me it seems insane that any Leicester player getting in the side would want to leave in January, regardless of what team come in for them. To get that side in the top 4, or even 3 or WIN IT would be the greatest achievement they could have in football. It would blow people's minds. Why pass up the chance to make history for the sake of missing out on a few extra months somewhere else? If they are good enough, and I'm sure most players there back themselves to make it after this season, they will get where they want to be in the summer if it is somewhere else.
i doubt anyone would leave. i'd like another striker and 2 defenders (left and centre) though as the squad is pretty thin although we do have quality on the bench now

i'm more worried about chelsea nicking our manager now! :lol: :lol:

James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Do you rate Fuchs? I thought he was terrible at in Germany but haven't seen a whole lot of him this year.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

James T wrote:Do you rate Fuchs? I thought he was terrible at in Germany but haven't seen a whole lot of him this year.

i think he's doing very well, but then there are leicester players i don't really rate (morgan for example- i'm still unconvinced by vardy having seen him since he first joined- cannot argue with the results but i wonder if it is indicative of the poor standard of the premiership- would he be this good in germany or international football, for example, where people can defend) who are being outstanding. someone compared the leicester team to german in the world cup- no non-footbal household names but good players playing as a team

i found out how leicester got albrighton on a free from villa- he didn't like the macho culture so moved back to his parent's house and villa saw this as unaceptable for a player and let him go- much to the anoyance of many villa fans. also, i'm gussing, it is why pearson kept him out until he was forced to cahnge with the sacking/nonsacking

i'd still be thrilled with top 4- top 6 would be amazing, top ten would beat my preseason expectations- i was thinking 15-10!

jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Thought that Liverpool vs Arsenal game tonight (3-3) was one of the greatest games I've ever seen. The skill & speed of the game was exceptional, a perfect example of modern football. It was a joy to watch.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

for you us and other sports fans here is bbc radio london's second half commentry of tottenham vs leicester

very exciting stuff, premiership football at its best

enjoy! :D :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0ip1g3eld77nm6/lcfc.mp3?dl=0

sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

jack white wrote:Thought that Liverpool vs Arsenal game tonight (3-3) was one of the greatest games I've ever seen. The skill & speed of the game was exceptional, a perfect example of modern football
Aye, no one knows how to defend anymore.

Ok, Liverpool don't know how to defend anymore :roll:
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I'm amazed at the negative reaction to city's performance yesterday from BBC/Sky/Talksport, we played brilliantly especially in the second half!

I hear people say Everton defended well? They were all over the place, the keeper and ref are what kept a clean sheet for them, I don't consider that a solid defence. Really enjoyed the game anyway, and i haven't enjoyed once much for a while. Shame we didn't win but I'm much more confident of getting back to our best after seeing that performance. Agreed with the manager to only make the 1 sub, we were playing too well to mix it up any more than that. Lets not talk about the incident at the end, it will only annoy me.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Does someone need a wambulance?
gonna burn brightly
for a while
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Enjoyed the game, played well, that's what I pay for.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Just wait til Pep comes to town.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

It seems likely for sure. I've never been a huge fan of Pellegrini, but he certainly brought some unity to the side and also had us playing some incredible football at times. He has done exactly what was needed to a point, but I never expected him to stay longer than his initial contract (which would've been up this summer away). I fully expect Pep to come in for 3 years, he doesn't like to stay anywhere too long it seems. Then Vieira hopefully can step up, a lot of respect for him within the club already.