euro 2016

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

runcible
Site Admin

Re: euro 2016

Post by runcible »

The Dr wrote:disapointing end to a disapointing tournament
Yup. A dreadful final. Ronaldo going off seemed to ruin it. Curious that a team who never actually played that well won it. It's rare for a tournament to have barely any stand out matches.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Ireland vs. Italy
Iceland vs. England
Both pretty good. Just for the upset factor. And both winning team's fans.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

The Iceland vs England has to be the stand out result for sure but it was a fairly dour affair. Classic England when under pressure of course!
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

was iceland- england that surprising? yes england are the 'big boys' with the 'best league in the world- eva!' but given how poor they were- not even being able to beat russia who were abismal- i'd say that on form the right team won. the only games that got me excited were germany- italy and germany-france but that was only becasue at tournaments i support germany so i actually cared who won. as a neutral then hungary, iceland and wales were the highlights but there wasn't a single game that i would want to watch again or a single team i'b be drawling over in twenty-thirty-fourty years team ala holland 74, brasil etc

the world cup is going to be 40 teams- 40 teams- and held in russia

who says money isn't ruining football. why the hell is it in russia and qutar if not for money? why the hell is it up to 40 and the 24 if not for money. it is certainly not for the good of the game and it may come back to bite them with a decrease of interests as what happened to the europa cup and the expanded chmapions league when it went to two group stages before the knock-out stages
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

my highlight . it was brilliant

green-field
New user

Post by green-field »

I kind of agree that there was no need to add more teams. I mean, for some nations it was the only chance to be part of final Euro tournament, it was a big celebration and it was more than fun for them to watch their team participate, but for the overall feeling? I dont really know. It wasnt that interesting to watch some weaker teams + more teams = new system. I even didnt understand how Portugal managed to go through group stage? 3 draws, 3 points, third place and they were still playing playoffs. If it was old format 16 team tournament, they would be traveling home already, but won the entire tournament instead. :lol: I dont want to weaken their achievement, they played good as a team and defensive unit, but the whole thing with some third places coming through is weird.

Anyway, Antoine Griezmann - player of the tournament! After Ronaldo and Messi he might win the best player award. He has everything to suceed them.

Qatar hosting future World Cup? Those air conditions are proper to play football? They will have to play with roof on or invent some fake clouds.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

russia- have organised thugs, state sponsorered doping and that is just in sport, let alone the other state/cultural stuff. and they have a world cup. then again qutar has a world cup too and they are squeaky clean, nice guys no? :?

green-field
New user

Post by green-field »

FIFA/Sepp Blatter/bribery. These are all synonymous. Russia and Qatar got their rights to arrange World Cup tournaments while Blatter was still in charge. It all makes sense.