How The Blues Should've Turned Out: How much???

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

olan
Known user

How The Blues Should've Turned Out: How much???

Post by olan »

niamhm
Known user

Re: How The Blues Should've Turned Out: How much???

Post by niamhm »

Good luck to the seller, that`s crazy money.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

You can have mine for £300... bargain! :lol:
catweazel
Known user

Post by catweazel »

I don't know - I sold mine last year for £200 (it's listed there in sales history)

I think it was up for less than 24 hours before it sold to some dude in Switzerland.

Reason for sale - genuinely hard up at the time and cash came in handy.... yeah, I'll prob kick myself a few years down the line :(
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Speaking of mega rare stuff someone sold a test pressing of the Spectrum/Stereolab 7" not long ago. £544 I believe. No cover but it looks a legit test press.
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

I've got an un-numbered copy of this that Sonic did for me as an extra because I asked him nicely. Wonder what that's worth?

Not entertaining the thought of selling it, like.
catweazel
Known user

Post by catweazel »

Crikey?!

https://www.discogs.com/Spectrum-Highs- ... se/1932373

Sold for over 300 euros not that long ago.

I bought the vinyl issue back in the UK when it was released - I knew it was getting harder to find over time but that's a crazy price.

Did Silvertone lie to Sonic and say they'd done a small run of say a few thousand copies and then ended up pressing a couple of hundred instead? (and promptly let him go from the label - iirc this (and the single Undo the Taboo) were the last tunes he did for the label (?)
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

catweazel wrote:Crikey?!

https://www.discogs.com/Spectrum-Highs- ... se/1932373

Sold for over 300 euros not that long ago.

I bought the vinyl issue back in the UK when it was released - I knew it was getting harder to find over time but that's a crazy price.

Did Silvertone lie to Sonic and say they'd done a small run of say a few thousand copies and then ended up pressing a couple of hundred instead? (and promptly let him go from the label - iirc this (and the single Undo the Taboo) were the last tunes he did for the label (?)
It is very volatile though. You see VG+ get £250+ and NM getting £60-70. There is certainly not many around so I am glad to have it on the shelves.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

I'm glad to have the Highs, Lows CD... one day I'd love to happen across the album at a price I could pay.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

catweazel wrote:Did Silvertone lie to Sonic and say they'd done a small run of say a few thousand copies and then ended up pressing a couple of hundred instead? (and promptly let him go from the label - iirc this (and the single Undo the Taboo) were the last tunes he did for the label (?)
What happened is really weird. Silvertone proposed a big budget sleeve with 'stained glass effect' colouring and the whole thing along the same lines as the lavish Soul Kiss sleeve. Then they pulled the plug and actually deleted the album before the tour to support it had even started. I saw them at The Venue in New Cross and you couldn't actually buy the album anywhere. I don't know how many were pressed but far fewer than originally expected. I was running Runcible Records back then and getting stock direct from Pete K and he struggled to supply me with any at all. Eventually I got a box of LPs and CDs but that was it. I had them for a while but sadly long gone. Not Silvertone's finest hour.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

I remember when it came out and there was a shop in Leeds Victoria Quarter which name escapes me (Runcible may know it) and they must have had at least 20 copies in the racks. Such a disappointment when bar was set so high with packaging on Soul kiss. Still a great record though :D
'Remember, change is not good'
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

BVCP206 wrote:I remember when it came out and there was a shop in Leeds Victoria Quarter which name escapes me (Runcible may know it)
Way Ahead I think.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Way Ahead I think.[/quote]

That's the one, thank you :D
'Remember, change is not good'
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Back on topic. Discogs emailed me to say a copy was available today for £200 + p&P :shock: . It has sold already.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

I got both discs from Sonic, when it came out. But... it didn't come smoothly. Originally was it run by Sonic like 40 or 50 copies or something? Or less? Or something around that?!? So i ordered by patch from Pete and i remember i freaked out that people started to list his "problems", but few previous contacts with him personally went fine, but suddenly i got a little delay of my order. That moment was short, fair indeed. Within few days it all got resolved - me paying a load for 2 cd-r discs, delay in post, no comments about anything getting wrong. I right away copied those discs, so that i will have back-up copies of this spaced-out racket. Obsessions will lead you to a planet unknown. Or just butterflies in your stomach to expand your inner-space. Stellar, but that Suicide track on the The New Morning live LP is obliterating.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

There was a huge thread on this forum a while back (12 years!), which I think is right here: http://spiritualized.band/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1790

Most of it turned into one long argument. Haha.

I thought I had lost my copy in my most recent move, but I found it in my box of records to sell. I think my girlfriend is hinting something. I still put it on every once in a while. You can't beat that version of These Blues. CDRs shouldn't be worth £350 though!
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

The link in the last post in this appears to be locked, so hope this is the right place to post....

Were there any more of these available to buy?

What news of the 100 tracks that were mentioned in this thread?

Is Sonic able to release them independently and claim what is rightfully his (and Jason's) to sidestep the whole Space Age/Gerald malarkey?
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

Dreamweapon wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:16 am The link in the last post in this appears to be locked, so hope this is the right place to post....

Were there any more of these available to buy?

What news of the 100 tracks that were mentioned in this thread?

Is Sonic able to release them independently and claim what is rightfully his (and Jason's) to sidestep the whole Space Age/Gerald malarkey?
Another question to add to this list- what version of These Blues appears on this compilation? Is it in a similar vein to the DJ Tones EP version?
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

:)
heisenberg wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:31 pm
Another question to add to this list- what version of These Blues appears on this compilation? Is it in a similar vein to the DJ Tones EP version?
Same version.
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

natty wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:44 am :)
heisenberg wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:31 pm
Same version.
Cheers for clearing this up for me!
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Is it bad form to offer these songs to those here who weren't able to purchase a copy?