Premier League / Football / Etc...

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

James T
Known user

Re: Premier League / Football / Etc...

Post by James T »

Dominant performance from City without any real "wow" moments other than Kolarov putting in a super performance at centre back (??) and Sterling being man of the match. Stones looked very comfortable, a tidy player who has only been with us a few days anyhow. Nervy moments at the back without anyone to really blame for it, just getting used to a new system which is very open I guess. Enjoyed watching and it was very interesting from a city fan perspective, and probably for anyone who follows Pep. Most of the game we essentially just had 2 centre backs, with Fernandinho dropping in when necessary. Lucky to win give the position we ended up in, but did pass up a few good chances also.

All in all, a good start to the season with a lot of changes having been made.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

Its good to talk about winning. It's good to be assured and confident. It's good to know that mental focus and aptitude pays off.

Impressive factors;
Ibrahimovic works his socks off, he ate up ground closing down the Bournemouth back line and lasted 90mins ha. His leap for a header in the first half where he clashed heads was quite defining for me. He believed he could get there. Belief
Bailly/Daly partnership. Whilst this may not be the starting central defensive pairing, there is a nice balance. Blind didn't really put a foot wrong (Martial and Shaw on there heels at the goal) and Bailly is so aggressive (rash at times) but tidy enough with ball at feet. The pair of them never stopped talking, cajoling the rest of the back line throughout the game. Leadership.
Goals. The front 4 either scored or assisted. Teamwork

Still questions for me over the central midfield pairing; I like Herrera he's a little dynamo and perhaps its him and Pogba.
I think Scheiderlin and Carrick stay but won't be first choice.
I feel a little for Fellaini; he tried hard yesterday and did well but I think he's surplus along with Basti.

Speaking of surplus; any of Rojo, Darmian and Young could leave.
I feel there's another 1 or 2 to arrive. Talk of Fonte and Tiellemans which are in the mould of players the squad need.

Good start and pleased to see the oft meandering football of the last two season is beginning to disappear. Purpose
Shoulders back, smash it
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

Stuart X.Hunter wrote:Bailly is so aggressive (rash at times) but tidy enough with ball at feet.
has jose found his new pepe/carvahelo?

where do you stand on pogba?
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

He seems to understand defending, does Mourinho.
Or maybe he just allows them to defend instead of also being starting points of attack like some managers do.
I think they've looked good against 6 difficult opponents over the last two games.
Still not sure that they will be the starting pairing

Where do I stand on Pogba?

Kids gonna frighten the sh*t out of opposition.
His dynamism and ability to see a pass earlier than most will be a delight for Martial and Lingaard.
He has presence, height, strength like Ibra and Bailly. Mentally that's torture for opposition before a ball kicked.
He'll do very well

I didn't see the Leicester game but how did Musa/Vardy look
Shoulders back, smash it
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

Stuart X.Hunter wrote:He seems to understand defending, does Mourinho.
Or maybe he just allows them to defend instead of also being starting points of attack like some managers do.
I think they've looked good against 6 difficult opponents over the last two games.
Still not sure that they will be the starting pairing

Where do I stand on Pogba?

Kids gonna frighten the sh*t out of opposition.
His dynamism and ability to see a pass earlier than most will be a delight for Martial and Lingaard.
He has presence, height, strength like Ibra and Bailly. Mentally that's torture for opposition before a ball kicked.
He'll do very well

I didn't see the Leicester game but how did Musa/Vardy look
re: defending- that's how we won the title last year- huth and morgan would head/kick everyhting/one away from the goal. neither can really pass (though i remember morgan flying down the wing once, crossing for a goal)

do you think this is your year? also what do you think of spurs this year? ihope they do well but i am doubting they will- maybe top 8

musa and vardy looked like players lacking match fitness and time togather. vardy was out most of preseason with post england duty and an injury. there was one moment when musa cut open the defence (tapped the ball past them and got to it before they even turned around- had the keeper in his sights but squared to vardy who blasted over somehow). i think they'll be very good in the raneri leicester way as soon as they get some time togehter and match fitness. raneir said we were at 60% fitness and our preseason was stupid- oxford to play oxford, scotland to play celtic, la to play psg and gothenberg to play barce. yes it is prestige but they, oxford aside, are clubs who are going to attack us whereas it would have been more profitable to play smaller clubs (nots forrest, villa etc 8) ) who we have to learn to break down. intersted to see the champions league with the likes of vardy, musa, grey etc- very fast players on the counter agains the 'big boys' but this season i am still on a high after last season and slightly disinterested what happens this year

as for hull- we had enough chances to beat them- vardy fully fit would have had 2 or three easily and hulls second goal was kasper throwing the ball out quickly- straight to them but fair play to hull. the players have been through a lot of ****, and still are, already, i hope they stay up

Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

Think I might screengrab the Fuzzhead Spacemen Fantasy League table.
Top for the first time in more than 20 years of playing the stupid game. Even after one game, I've never been top.
It may not last, but it's enough for the club chairman to give me a vote of confidence, so at least I know my position is secure...
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

If it was possible to be disappointed at a 5-0 win, this would be the one. Still, it isn't possible.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

sunray wrote:I am seriously considering opting out this year.
I look at the obscene amounts of money swilling around, players on hundreds of thousands per week just to kick a piece of leather on a patch of grass and it absolutely sickens me. I cannot relate to any of it.
I'm already tired of the Sky hype machine.
All the shit going on in the world and we're supposed to care about these fucks? No, not anymore...it's time to walk away.

how is this not relateable?!
Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney, 30, will not be offered a contract extension for at least 18 months. The England striker's contract runs until the summer of 2019 but he must now prove he is worth an increase on his £300,000-a-week wages.

veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

Liverpool's got Ragnar Klavan. It's either ManUnited again or hopefully Liverpool are going to be champions. Hail 'pool.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Hey what's up Veiko ? Never seen you on this thread before ? Huh, Liverpool or ManU ? Never heard of Ragnar Klavan. Stay off the drugs now your being delusional. 8)
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Are there any Arsenal fans on board?

"vous devez acheter un défenseur central!!!"

Chambers and Holding or Monreal won't do with a potentially tired Konscielny

Why is Wenger playing cat and mouse...it'll be too late in two weeks time

L'ignorance!
Shoulders back, smash it
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Just spent the night watching my team, Celtic, negotiate the third of three qualifying rounds to make the Champions League Group Stage, feck`d it up the previous two attempts, I must admit it was anything but plain sailing and I must have used a week`s worth of swearing /cursing up in 2 hrs. but we got there in the end and now relaxing with a well deserved beer, that was not an enjoyable football match.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Chelsea have a lovely balance dont they?

Its essentially the same team as last year but with a dynamo defensive midfielder allowing Matic to push forward more and use his intelligence and those three behind Costa are frighteningly fluid.

Add to that some real directness and pace off the bench and a meaner thinking defence...

Speaking of defences...still that Arsenal defence...Martin Caceres has been available on a free for a few months now. Can play anywhere in the back four...injury prone and courts tabloid attention which Wenger likes
Shoulders back, smash it
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

Stuart X.Hunter wrote:Chelsea have a lovely balance dont they?

Its essentially the same team as last year but with a dynamo defensive midfielder allowing Matic to push forward more and use his intelligence and those three behind Costa are frighteningly fluid.
they're looking good- a complete difference to last season. looks like they've made the best of the transfer market, in terms of premiership, with the signings of kante and hazard :wink:

looks like it will between them and man city this year unless you think united can do something?

pretty good champions league draw, i can see my team doing well in the group stage as we won't have any of the biggest teams until we beat them in the final! :D

The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

england's number one...anynoe want him? man city will pay most of his wages...torino? struggling in serie a, you want him, it will be virtually free...common!

The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

i like this interview, a refreshing change (although he did seign his second new contact in 6 months)

Jamie Vardy has said he listened to his head and heart before making what he claimed was the “easy decision” to reject a summer move to Arsenal in favour of remaining with Leicester City.

Arsenal, impressed by Vardy’s form that had helped propel Leicester to their first League title, had triggered the £22m release clause in the striker’s contract at the beginning of June. The 29-year-old travelled with the England squad to the European Championship with his future still unresolved and, while fielding calls from Claudio Ranieri, gave consideration to the move to north London in between training sessions at the team’s base in Chantilly.
Danny Drinkwater: England axe for Euro 2016 has made me more hungry
Read more

He suggested the uncertainty had not deflected his focus from his efforts for the national team, despite concerns expressed privately within Roy Hodgson’s set-up, but it was almost three weeks after the original offer from Arsenal – with England safely qualified for the knockout phase – before Vardy formally rejected the transfer. He has subsequently agreed a new four-year contract at the King Power Stadium worth around £100,000 a week.

Asked about his thought process in rejecting the move to the Emirates Stadium, Vardy said: “I was in a hotel room [in Chantilly] for so many hours of every day with nothing to do. You had a lot of time on your hands.

“I am not going to beat around the bush – every time I thought about it, and every aspect of it I thought about, both my head and my heart were saying to stay at Leicester, which is why I made my decision to stay.

“There were loads of reasons. You get that much time to think about, every single thing down to the tea lady. You think about what might happen, what might not. Where you could be, where not. Every time I thought about every little thing, though, both head and heart were saying ‘you need to stay’. I could see people’s point when they assumed I would go, but, deep down, if you don’t think it’s right for you, you don’t do it. It’s as simple as that.

“In my professional life, it was the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make, but I haven’t been a professional for that long. It was hard, but it was actually an easy decision to make.”
Sam Allardyce will change England’s system but not personnel
Read more

Arsène Wenger had resigned himself to missing out on the forward long before Vardy and Leicester confirmed Arsenal’s offer would not secure the player. Yet there were still two awkward moments when the Frenchman bumped into the striker he had coveted while staying in England’s hotel over the tournament in France, where he was working as a pundit.

“I spoke to him a couple of times in the hotels we were in,” said Vardy, who will begin Sunday’s todays’ World Cup qualifier against Slovakia on the England bench.

“Those meetings were either side of me making the decision: it was basically in every hotel we were staying in. It wasn’t awkward, though. It was just a simple ‘Hello, are you OK’... that kind of thing. I took it as a nice compliment they wanted to buy me.

“Leicester have been on the rise for a while now and will keep doing that. Look at the deals they did in the transfer window: they obviously want to keep it going. And, if it does keep going, I want to be part of that. I’ve been there from when I was at Fleetwood Town, five years ago, when we were in the Championship and we have gone up and up and up.

“We are a group of brothers and lots of the lads have signed long-term deals now, which the gaffer wanted. To only lose [N’Golo] Kanté from a Premier League-winning team is not that bad, so hopefully it will carry on. That is something I want to be part of.”

The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

Sam Allardyce says it is "not for me to say where to play Wayne Rooney" after his England reign started with a narrow World Cup qualifying win in Slovakia.

"Wayne played wherever he wanted to. I can't stop Wayne playing there," said Allardyce.

need i say anything?

runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

The mediocrity of last night's game was so predictable.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

The quote about Rooney was farcical :!:

I thought Allardyce was the manager and therefore picked the team decided the tactics etc. etc. or am I just being old fashioned :!:
'Remember, change is not good'
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

BVCP206 wrote:The quote about Rooney was farcical :!:

I thought Allardyce was the manager and therefore picked the team decided the tactics etc. etc. or am I just being old fashioned :!:

well, coming from the man who said he should have been england manager years ago and when he was hired said that he will do anything that the premier league managers want it is very surprising as his earlier comments painted him in a man with great integrity :roll:

The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

runcible wrote:The mediocrity of last night's game was so predictable.
was there a game? did it break out during the trainning session?

Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Very excited about this weekend
Old Firm Derby
Manchester Derby
&
GGG V Brook
Shoulders back, smash it
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

StuX and Cantona - not there yet. Curb your enthusiasm. Should have been 3-1 and this without Aguero on your pitch. :shock:
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

City were unplayable in 1st half,but Clattenburg `bottled` a clear penalty.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Hiya rich

Thoroughly enjoyed the game and looking at all the players at the end I don't think there were any real losers

De Bruyne was sublime in the first half but he needs the other ten players around him doing there job...and boy did they do it

Lots of chances, lots of excitement and lots to look forward too

Disappointed my 13,341-1 bet didn't come up though!

C'mon Kell
Shoulders back, smash it
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

cantona wrote: Clattenburg `bottled` a clear penalty.

he did the same for us vs arsenal- seems being so highly rated has made him a tad nervous...

Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Well done Dominic Ingle was only going one way at the start of the fifth
Shoulders back, smash it
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

I may be proved wrong but I think Man City will stroll the league this season, not that I have much interest in it or will have for some time me thinks :roll:
'Remember, change is not good'
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

BVCP206 wrote:I may be proved wrong but I think Man City will stroll the league this season, not that I have much interest in it or will have for some time me thinks :roll:
o they won't win without hart- england's number one! o wait he gave away a goal for torino, hmmm, starting to remind me of the old liverpool keeper...

The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

:mrgreen:

KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

Stuart X.Hunter wrote:Chelsea have a lovely balance dont they?

Taken apart tonight

LFC will rue defensive transfer lapses at some stage, but have cut through good teams so far at will. Spurs away should have been a win to accompany Arsenal and Chelsea victories
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Bzzzzzz..... I think the Red Devils will get stung by the Hornets. They lost earlier this week to something called a " Feyenrood ? " What is that ? A Middle Eastern kebab dish ? The Toffees and Reds look good this week.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Woke up 6:30am and the fixture results were already posted for the Watford v. United match. Nice way to start the day :D

Is Pogba on the team ? Haven't heard much about him.

How long will Mou last at United :

a.) sacked before Christmas
b.) sacked during the season
c.) quit just like at Chelsea
d). don't know
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

It was fine news to wake up to here in sunny San Diego! Gonna watch match of the day now. Have loved watching City play so far this season, breathtaking at times but need to finish teams off which thankfully we did fairly early on yesterday.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Yes, JamesT City is playing very well. I'm just trying to stay humble.

On another note, try to get your hands on Ballast Point " Sculpin IPA ". It is an IPA with grapefuit juice. Trust me, it's tasty.

Enjoy the weather and your time there.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

spacemanrich wrote:Woke up 6:30am and the fixture results were already posted for the Watford v. United match. Nice way to start the day :D

d). don't know
e) he's been manager for for about a month, let's give him time to settle before we speculate as to his future

spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

I have a premonition that the Foxes will upend the Red Devils, what do you think TheDr ? I hope Morono puts Rooney in the starting XI.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

spacemanrich wrote:I have a premonition that the Foxes will upend the Red Devils, what do you think TheDr ? I hope Morono puts Rooney in the starting XI.
I for one love all your premonitions, Dick
Shoulders back, smash it
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Well said by a United supporter lacking in class. :oops:
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

spacemanrich wrote:Well said by a United supporter lacking in class. :oops:
Sorry...didn't realise you were here to talk football.

City playing lovely right now..Guardiola has worked his magic...players seem happy, tempo is high and they are clinical. They ripped my team apart in 45mins few weeks ago...very painful viewing.

As an aside to all that; what of Txiki signing policy...satisfied or is it a bit polar...see a few young uns been brought in and loaned out...and at the other end Nolito and Bravo. I've heard this is concerning some City fans.
What of this Velez accusation regarding young Garre...sounds like sour grapes to me
Why has Denayer been sent out on loan again...he strolled through a season in Scotland, not sure how he faired in Turkey but he looks a very decent player.
Perhaps next season when Sagna and Zabaleta reach final years of there contract...along with Clichy and Navas and a few others.

B,
S
Shoulders back, smash it
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Well done Leicester and Spurs...two potential banana skins.
Mission accomplished
That Son has certainly plugged the gap left by Kane injury/form of late

Hopefully Arsenal and City/Celtic tomorrow...I'm gutted with this BT Sport deal ha
Shoulders back, smash it
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

i can't believe that rooney was sacked as england manager!

The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

Stuart X.Hunter wrote:Well done Leicester and Spurs...two potential banana skins.
Mission accomplished

aye and that salami has taken some of the weight off vardy and mahrez, he seems like the perfect player for leicester at the moment- we can now either lump it over for vardy or lump it in for salami 8)

Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

The Dr wrote:i can't believe that rooney was sacked as england manager!
He's had a tough week has Wazza.

Big Sam always reminded me of Big Ron
Shoulders back, smash it
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

Stuart X.Hunter wrote:
Big Sam always reminded me of Big Ron

ironICally they both always reminded me of everyhting i hate about the england team and itv...

but before we tut mr aladyce has made a comment
Allardyce also referred to his predecessor Roy Hodgson as "Woy", making fun of his manner of speaking,.."Unfortunately it was an error of judgement on my behalf," added the former Sunderland manager. "I've paid the consequences. Entrapment has won on this occasion and I have to accept that."
Steve McClaren was quick to point out
"It's been a hugely disappointing couple of days for English football. It's very, very sad what's happened to Sam and it could happen to any of us. Sam innocently has paid the price. Privacy can only be found within the four walls of our own home."
and even more tragically
Despite only being in charge for one game, the Daily Mail reported that he had received a "seven-figure pay-off" from the FA.

poor man eh? gets entraped being corrupt and mocking a fellow professionals speech impediment, steve mclearn quickly points out that all the fregie wannbes (including nigel pearson) are nasty pieces of work and he has to settle with only a million pounds after being forced to resign after breach of contract. and someone on here said that they could no longer relate to the rags to rags woes of football!

The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

new england manager- rooney in midfield showing how he is the greatest central midfielder since zidane. nice to see the traditional big clubs getting their players in on name alone. hear gary neville's interview where he said they picked players they had invested time in and not the best players/inform players? do germany do that? italy? spain? brazil? nope, only the small teams...

The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

o and playing only one striker against malta...

niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Celtic may have got royally pumped 7-0 by Barca, but we went there without the advantages of one of the best managers of his generation and the fat end of half a billion ££ to spend assembling a squad. No offence to City- my son supports them and I like to watch them with him, my English team if you like - but the stick handed out to Celtic after that 7-0 battering from some quarters got right on my wick, `teams like that shouldn`t even be in the CL` kinda thing, suddenly doesn't look so bad in this light, also plenty plaudits for Leicester City winning their first 3 ever CL games this week, yep, well done an all that, but how many other debutant CL teams ever lucked right into pot 1 in the draw? Zero, none, wonder how they would be doing if they had been pitched into pot 3? Like City were for 2/3 yrs, I can pretty much guess, nothing against Leicester but they`re basically sitting in a Europa league group, good luck to them though, hope they make the most of it.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Agreed Niamh,

Even at 3-0 down I heard the commentator saying he didn't think City had much to worry about at the Etihad!

What stands out for me is the lack of instruction to the team when Bravo was sent off and Zab was injured.
That's quite a lot to deal with in one go and it showed as the defence was a mess

The change should've been Zab for Pablo at least that retained some balance and Sterling for Fernando
Bank of 4 with Silva and Nolito really deep, 3 holding midfielders and De Bruyne
See Man Utd at Liverpool
Potentially sneaking an equaliser on the counter or from set play
Too ugly for Pep I'd imagine....

However if City now don't beat FCB 11-0 at the Etihad then it's a tougher second round draw.

Just as well they've nothing to worry about
Shoulders back, smash it
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Mou, welcome home to Stamford Bridge !
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

spacemanrich wrote:Mou, welcome home to Stamford Bridge !
Insightful Rich, you've been working on that since last Wednesday

Did anyone else see the Madrid-Bilbao game last night? Two Spanish teams having a go at each other.
Hats off to Valverde who despite being without multiple first choice players; Aduriz, De Marcos, Balenziaga, Beñat etc made a real fist of it
Had Inaki Williams been a bit more composed in front of goal...who knows
For me of all the various youth academy models; Lezama is streaks ahead.
Notable in the fact that there are currently 5 Basque teams in La Liga. Sure they don't all adopt the Canterra policy of Bilbao but they all benefit from it.
Wondering how a Canterra policy would work in the U.K.
Its probably a bit too medium to long term thinking sadly
Shoulders back, smash it
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Ibrahimbitch certainly has lofty goals of conquering MLS after United :

http://www.espnfc.com/soccer-transfers/ ... ter-united

35 years old certainly isn't a spring chicken.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

last 16... :D

what happened to that spurs team that posted on twitter and whose fans chanted 'leicester we are coming for you' and then finshed third in a two horse race? 8)

Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

spacemanrich wrote:Woke up 6:30am and the fixture results were already posted for the Watford v. United match. Nice way to start the day :D

d). don't know
b. Once they are knocked out of Europa League/Cup.

It's not working despite glimmers of improvement in terms of dominance/game management but the killer instinct isn't there. Stoke, Burnley, Arsenal and West Ham should have been minimum 9 points and not 4.
Now sitting 8 points (and many goals) off fourth with a third of the season gone; qualification for the Championd League (the board priority) looks only likely through winning the Europa Cup.
This is a tall ask; not aided by Mourinho' consistent dumbing down of the tournament and the potential banana skins of teams left in the cup or joining from the Champions League group stages.
Oh yeah, and they've still not made certain of qualifying from there group yet!

Looking at the character of players in the current squad; save Rooney I don't think there's another who would subscribe to Mourinho siege (us against the world) philosophy. Again perhaps with the exception of Rooney there is no nasty character trait. OK perhaps Fellaini but I believe that's more due to him being cumbersome.
Bailly, Shaw, Lingaard, Pogba, Martial, Rashford all kids who haven't a clue about taking an entrenched position and viewing life with a war mentality. De Gea, Blind, Valencia, Carrick, Mata, Herrera etc etc are perhaps all a bit too astute and acutely aware that the them/us is not sustainable.

Now with a third FA charge in 6 weeks someone needs to get a hold of Mourinho because at the minute he seems incapable of doing it himself. His latest charge could see him missing from the dug out for crucial away trip to Everton and the home game against Spurs. However results before this may decide his future before that game on the 11th. I believe he has 4 games to get it right; that's four games and four wins. Anything less and the board must act. I don't think I've ever called out my team manager to be dismissed however his actions are all too embarrassing, self centred and so far removed from what I feel my teams manager should be.

Larry White in when Mourinho departs
Shoulders back, smash it
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Mourinho will get a season at least.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

FA charge will come on Thursday. Expect a 3 match ban. Unacceptable. Kicking a water bottle and tantrum like some 6 year old. Not the first nor last time he'll get thrown out. I'm sure United Management are shaking their heads and reconsidering about their hire. Conte is " the special one. " Same players as last year and now they are on top of the table. Morono gave up on Chelsea and the players gave up on him last season. Conte has reeled off 7 straight PL wins and outscoring their opponents 18-1 ( not a typo ). 18-1 ! City will have their hands full this weekend.

Thru 13 matches this is United's worst start since 1979-1980 campaign. Surprisingly, Moyes and LVG have done better at this time. The Toffees will overtake United this weekend as the Red Devils drop further and further down the table. As they chanted at Stamford Bridge " he is NOT special. "

Just stating the facts, nothing more.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

A proper thrashing by the Blues. Their is a reason why their on top of the table. :cry:
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Then self destructed at the end

Felt the ref was a bit one sided in his disciplining but then the victimised team after a tackle like that tends to get some leeway

3 Must win games now for my team and compared to others a favourable festive fixture list after that.
If ever there was an opportunity to build a head of steam....or we could self destruct...again
Shoulders back, smash it
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Sad. Both Aguero and Fernandhino lost their heads. That kick by Aguero looked like something out of a Bruce Lee movie. They are talking about a possible 4 ban match. It looked like 3 pts. for the Reds and the Cherries come storming back ! Interesting.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Rojo's effort today was a shocker. How he didn't get sent off is beyond me. Good job we weren't playing at OT or Gana would probably have been booked for simulation :lol: . Rubbish game otherwise. The Liverpool game was very entertaining though.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

EMBARRASSING. Simply embarrassing and were only 20 minutes in the match. Turned the telly on and Leicester was already up 2-0. I thought Joe Hart was shite, Claudio Bravo ain't much better. :oops:
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Stuart X.Hunter wrote:Then self destructed at the end

Felt the ref was a bit one sided in his disciplining but then the victimised team after a tackle like that tends to get some leeway

3 Must win games now for my team and compared to others a favourable festive fixture list after that.
If ever there was an opportunity to build a head of steam....or we could self destruct...again
Save the disappointment of that late conceded goal against the Toffees...not bad.
Hoping to be top 4 by the 15th but Spurs despite having the late game for 3 weeks in the fixture calendar haven't wobbled yet...
Arsenal have a real opportunity over the next 5/6 games to catch Chelsea IMO before they crash out the ECL and plunder good work done
Rumour has it that Chelsea may spend in January; I can't see either N'zonzi or Hernandez being allowed to leave there clubs both still being in the ECL

As the first half of the season draws to an end; I'm lost on Man City. Have they progressed under Pep tutelage. I'm not sure. I mean they play with an intensity rivalled only by on song Liverpool but some of the decisions being made or allowed to happen leave me scratching my head. Hart out / Bravo in. An apparently weak back 3 or 4, the recall of Toure one of 7 players on this contract expiry / loyalty thing. De Bruyne as focal point but with deminished returns compared to last season. A striker who has spent a third of the domestic season missing.
I can understand the links with defensive players; Van Dijk and Wiegel as the missing Gundogan, Delph, Kompany and seemingly knock prone Stones dictate it but this is a problem of many years that the Man City hierarchy have failed to address. Will Txixi be allowed to get it wrong again?

What are City fans opinion of what's going on?
Shoulders back, smash it
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

Stuart X.Hunter wrote: but some of the decisions being made or allowed to happen leave me scratching my head. Hart out / Bravo in.

hart is doing pretty badly in italy in, arguably a weaker league that favours goalkeepers

i think pep's biggest problem is that there is only one nueur.

i was listening to 6-0-6 phone in and loris was being torn to pieces for playing as a sweeper keeper. bravo is no loris! i think pep needs to be given time and not be vilified (as seems to happen on phone ins) for being successful

sure m.city miss aguero, which club wouldn't miss their main striker?

and as for spurs... "leicester city we are coming for you"

where did you finish? o right third behind a poor aresnal team!

i wouldn't worry

i think it is chelsea's to loose at this point

Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

I think Guardiola is afforded lots of time and trust.

This is a manager who was appointed almost a year ago...his Bayern team maintained top position from Early October 2015 until the final match day...effectively a formality, no?

So why so long to decide on Hart and bring in Bravo, the protractedness of Stones and fail to do anything about the Toure (and 6 others) situation.
Equally it could be argued that the distinct lack of natural goal scoring replacement for Aguero is another over sight.

History shows that Pep tends to cull at clubs in his first season but save some deadline day loans only De Michelis and Richard Wright are permanently off the wage bill.

The pundits are now referring to Guardiola as being a manager in charge of a team in transition. It could be argued that this transition didn't and shouldn't really have came about.

There's potentially in excess of £1m per week tied up in the 7 plus the 4 higher profile loanees.
Could buy a half decent defender with that...if Txixi had an eye for one

Anyway, sure it's not all the fault of the manager but come on Guardiola has never needed time before and now IMO he has a team where the three main men Aguero, De Bruyne and Silva are suffering as so many others go through the motions.

I was done with Pep as genius after Barca...he's probably wishing he'd taken that job in Paris now
Shoulders back, smash it
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

watch pep's interview- halarious!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38490825

Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Obviously spoken in the heat of battle

However is it the contact with Vokes or Gray that Pep believes to be illegal
It could be argued that Mee scored here and therefore the Gray contact is irrelevant at which point could also be noted that Bravo fresh air punch could've caused him to crumble as he did

City won which was important; I felt they and Spurs had a real tough 3 games in January and it nearly put paid to my Utd 4th by the 15th claim...until Arsenal last night

I do think in terms of consistency Pep has a point; still think the Rojo tackles are worse than the Fernandinho one but rules of the game and all that
Shoulders back, smash it